Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2018, 03:28 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
I don't watch the promos so I didn't see. Does Serena know that Nick helped June escape? Or does she find out eventually?
She might suspect, but without coming clean that the baby is his - something that will get her into very serious trouble - what motive can she cite for Nick, who has been loyal to the Waterfords for years, to help their pregnant Handmaid escape?
Old 05-14-2018, 01:07 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regan (View Post)
She might suspect, but without coming clean that the baby is his - something that will get her into very serious trouble - what motive can she cite for Nick, who has been loyal to the Waterfords for years, to help their pregnant Handmaid escape?
Oh hang on, if they find out that the father of June's baby is Nick, does Serena get sent to the colonies for that?

"Pack it in. You ain't Banksy."
"Or am I?"

dw | kh
Old 05-14-2018, 05:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

I bet not! She would just blame it on Nick raping June or something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGSAFDMD (View Post)
I finally watched the last episode yesterday. I swear to god I want to slap Serena every time she's on screen, I hate her so much.
SAME! She's evil!

Quote:
Btw, did Serena slap Rita since she doesn't want to hurt June because of the baby?
I think so? God she sucks.

AND SHE DOESNT DESERVE THE BABY. Even if it was the commanders, its freaking June's baby. Freaking bitch. Man I hate her so much I hope she dies a gruesome death eventually.
Old 05-14-2018, 10:42 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
Oh hang on, if they find out that the father of June's baby is Nick, does Serena get sent to the colonies for that?
Possibly. And if she reports Nick, he has no reason to hide her involvement. Luckily, they're not likely to check. Nobody wants to question Fred's ability to father a child, least of all Fred.

The promo looks interesting.

Spoiler:
Old 05-15-2018, 12:26 AM
Can You Spare a Brain?

Quote:
Do you think she will ever find out?
Old 05-15-2018, 12:57 AM
Moderator Manager

I forgot to mention how I find it weird that they have this "ceremony" for the pregnant handmaids. Like how often do they do this nonsense?

Quote:
Possibly. And if she reports Nick, he has no reason to hide her involvement. Luckily, they're not likely to check. Nobody wants to question Fred's ability to father a child, least of all Fred.
And as long as there is a baby, that's all that matters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
I think so? God she sucks.

AND SHE DOESNT DESERVE THE BABY. Even if it was the commanders, its freaking June's baby. Freaking bitch. Man I hate her so much I hope she dies a gruesome death eventually.
Yeah she's horrible. And it's really such a horrible situation for June. She'll probably try and lay low for the sake of Hannah but she really needs to get out before she delivers the baby because I'm so afraid of what will happen to her once she delivers that baby and they're free to hurt her again until she gets pregnant (again).

"Or am I?"

dw | kh
Old 05-15-2018, 01:16 AM
Can You Spare a Brain?

I hope that June gets out before she gives birth too, since her baby is the only thing protecting her right now
Old 05-15-2018, 01:48 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Do you think she will ever find out?
Maybe. If so, she might try to remove him as June's ally while avoiding incriminating herself by encouraging Fred to facilitate his promotion to Angel, assuming the rank exists in the series, which would remove him from the Waterford household.

Spoiler:
Old 05-15-2018, 02:23 AM
Can You Spare a Brain?

Quote:
Maybe. If so, she might try to remove him as June's ally while avoiding incriminating herself by encouraging Fred to facilitate his promotion to Angel, assuming the rank exists in the series, which would remove him from the Waterford household.

Spoiler:
I'm sure that Serena definitely has some plans for Nick, whatever they will be.
Old 05-15-2018, 04:53 AM
Dedicated Fan

I'm up to date finally the new season started while BF and I were still binging The Rain.

I'm so disappointed to see June sent back to the Waterfords, she was so damn close. Although I get that they can't have the pain perspective into the handmaid's lives escape too easily.

None of those wives deserve a baby. Janine is Charlotte's mother, June is this baby's mother. The objectifying of the Handmaids is the creepiest part of the show for me.

I want to see some more of Emily and Janine's stories in the colonies.
Old 05-15-2018, 05:29 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
I hope that June gets out before she gives birth too, since her baby is the only thing protecting her right now
I'd say that, before her next escape attempt, June is going to want to get Hannah. Leaving her behind in Gilead is not an option, not if she wants to protect her from Serena's wrath. The older Hannah gets, the less protection she will have as one of the precious children.
Old 05-15-2018, 09:29 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinky-Cousin (View Post)
I'm so disappointed to see June sent back to the Waterfords, she was so damn close. Although I get that they can't have the pain perspective into the handmaid's lives escape too easily.

None of those wives deserve a baby. Janine is Charlotte's mother, June is this baby's mother. The objectifying of the Handmaids is the creepiest part of the show for me.

I want to see some more of Emily and Janine's stories in the colonies.
Me too, especially Janine since we've seen a backstory on Emily already. Plus Moira! I've been missing her a lot.

"Or am I?"

dw | kh
Old 05-16-2018, 12:36 PM
Part-Time Fan

Judging from Aunt Lydia's measurements, June must be around 22 weeks pregnant now. It seems as if she didn't feel connected to the fetus until she nearly lost it, or at least she didn't want to feel connected to it. It was a relief to hear her vow not to let the Waterfords have her baby, especially after she burned the letters at the beginning of the episode.

Aunt Lydia's invasive visit is very in-character, and almost sweet, in a very, very creepy way; a doctor would focus entirely on the fetus, while Aunt Lydia concerns herself with the physical surroundings and the emotional welfare of the Handmaids themselves. Nice touch having her write in front of Serena.

I hate to hear Naomi Putnam complaining about baby Angela/Charlotte. Janine loves her so much, yet the woman deemed to be the fit and proper parent by Gilead grumbles about her. Is it my imagination, or is she trying to steal Serena's thunder? She was talking about Angela at the baby shower last episode, and humble-bragging about her own baby shower in this one. Might she be jealous that her baby is no longer the main focus of attention, as she was when she was the newest arrival in their social circle? She is doing everything short of jumping up and down, shouting "remember, I have a baby too!"

I wonder if she hands Angela/Charlotte to a Martha once out of public view, or if she is expected to perform all the mothering duties herself to show that she is a fit mother.

The Prayvaganza scene was very effective, truly disturbing. Some of the brides were tiny. The use of the face-concealing veils was ironic, given the way the Handmaid system centres around Rachel and Leah. Eden is supposed to be fifteen, so she should be old enough to remember pre-Gilead, but she seems to be a true believer. Goodness knows what was drummed into the heads of little girls once schools could no longer teach them to read or write. Nick would want to have a very good hiding place for those letters. I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of role Eden will have in the household; is she expected to act as a companion to Serena, or to keep herself out of sight and fill her days by keeping house for Nick in his flat?

It was depressing to hear that another Rachel and Leah Centre is being opened. We only see one district. How many Handmaids are there in Gilead?

Janine started out as a rebel on her first day in the Rachel and Leah Centre, and now she is rebelling in the Colonies, whether she realises it or not. She brought a touch of hope, joy and beauty into Hell on Earth. The wedding was a beautiful, perfect act of rebellion; a same-sex, interracial couple, united in marriage by a female Rabbi. Everything about it went against Gilead.
Old 05-17-2018, 12:21 AM
Moderator Manager

I'll be watching the new ep later when I get home from work. I can't wait even though I'm sure I'll be depressed after.

"Or am I?"

dw | kh
Old 05-17-2018, 12:53 PM
Master Fan

Anyone else screamed in anger last night or was it just me? most specifically during the wedding scene.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top