Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2015, 03:37 PM
Elite Fan

Grey's Anatomy (ABC) #1- Because You're My Person

Figured we could start a Grey's Anatomy thread here for general discussion. There is a board that people can post at as well, but I figured since we had threads for The OC, Roswell, and some other shows that boards that we could create one for Grey's Anatomy here.

I am still watching, even 12 seasons I still love it. The early seasons are perfect, but I still care about all the characters so much. I still get emotional.

Who are some of your favorite characters and relationships?
Old 11-19-2015, 04:15 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for creating this thread and for mentioning that we do have a Grey's Anatomy board

I do love the cast. Love the connections and the stories so far on this show. I'm nowhere near halfway through watching it

I found Alison's story disturbing about the man who tried to rape her and she bit a part of his penis off. Was touch and go with her if she would ever wake up but Derek was great as always.
What is your favorite moment or one of them at least?
BlackSapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 05:54 PM
Elite Fan

Oh, you're watching for the first time?! How far are you?

Well, I really love the early seasons. There are so many wonderful Meredith and Derek moments. I love the bomb episode, as a whole, but especially their exchange at the end where Meredith says she can't remember their last kiss and he describes it and says her hair smelt so good, but he doesn't know what it was and she's like "lavender"

Also, I love Izzie so much and I am really sad that she never came back. I loved her relationship with George, but nothing beats Cristina and Meredith. Their friendship is one of the best, if not the best, friendship I've ever seen on TV. I also love Alex and Meredith's friendship.
Old 11-20-2015, 10:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Xo, Kitty

i stopped watching in season 10, i think. i cant remember now. the last i remember was april and jackson getting married. i think.

personally i loved seasons 1-3 but i think 2 was the best one. then i hated season 4 and i didnt like 5 either. i loved season 6 though. then from season 7 on it was just bad minus a few decent episodes. i hated all the recent couples in the later seasons, mark/lexie, callie/arizona jackson/april, owen/christina, BLECK. I couldnt really stomach watching anymore.

since I've stopped watching i heard derek died and christina left so it sounds utterly ridiculous to me, but someday i will go back and finish probably.

Favorite character is George 100%. Then Izzie, then Meredith. Then Jackson and Addison. I also love Callie and Christina is okay and I liked Derek and Mark too.

Favorite couple was george/izzie which i know i am in the minority for but whatever, i thought they were cute and treated each other so well. also loved mer/der of course but got a bit bored of them. and I'm in the minor for these as well but i loved owen/teddy and jackson/lexie as well. also mark/addison and alex/addison. oh and denny/izzy. and i crack ship meredith and alex and am still hoping they will hook up now that derek is dead.

best moment for me was 100% the season 2 finale with denny's death. holy crap those were some amazing episodes and scenes, i was bawling my eyes out when that happened. other memorable episodes were the bomb episode, the episode where derek died (i did watch that one episode), and the shooting episode.

Last edited by Alexa; 11-20-2015 at 10:28 PM
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 09:36 AM
Master Fan

I like meredith and nathan

EdwardღBella l RonღHermione l SpikeღBuffy l BrandonღKelly l DylanღBrenda l
Lauren James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 01:41 PM
Elite Fan

I never saw your response to me, Alex! I'm so glad this thread was bumped!
Old 05-13-2016, 02:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Xo, Kitty

I actually have been watching and catching up. I recently finished season 11.

I still have season 12 to watch but I'm hoping maybe it will be put on netflix this summer.
Old 05-13-2016, 04:43 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah I think they'll add S12 in June, that's what they did with S11. How are you liking S11? I thought that season was one of the best of the show, imo.

I just find this show SO easy to watch. Even if there are some lackluster episodes, I still care and find it really easy to get emotionally involved.

S12 has been pretty good! Some storylines I could do without, but there were a few really, really good ones. Also Ellen has been amazing this season.

Favorite season for me would be S2 for sure - one of the best seasons of a show ever. S1-3 are pretty perfect though. I loved every character, episode, storyline, song. Just such good TV. S4 was kind of boring, S5 kind of ridiculous. S5-7 are pretty good, and then I really liked S8-9. S10 is my least favorite season but still enjoyable. I would probably rank like this...

S2
S3
S1
S8
S9
S11
S5
S4
S12
S6
S7
S10

Favorite couples? Meredith/Derek, Izzie/Denny, Alex/Jo, Mark/Lexie, Burke/Cristina

April/Jackson are cute, but I honestly don't see any chemistry or see why Jackson would like her. I think April is by far the worst character on the show. Callie/Arizona used to be great, but they really messed them up. Cristina/Owen had their moments, but overall weren't a great match.

I liked George/Izzie too! I really didn't like Alex/Izzie years ago, but maybe my opinon would be different now because I love Alex. But I love Jo and Alex, their buildup in S9 was so amazing.

Favorite characters? Alex, Cristina, Izzie, George, and Meredith - so MAGIC I love them all. I really loved Lexie too. Jackson, Addison, Arizona, Derek are other favorites of mine. I mean, I really love them all except April.
Old 05-13-2016, 04:43 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah I think they'll add S12 in June, that's what they did with S11. How are you liking S11? I thought that season was one of the best of the show, imo.

I just find this show SO easy to watch. Even if there are some lackluster episodes, I still care and find it really easy to get emotionally involved.

S12 has been pretty good! Some storylines I could do without, but there were a few really, really good ones. Also Ellen has been amazing this season.

Favorite season for me would be S2 for sure - one of the best seasons of a show ever. S1-3 are pretty perfect though. I loved every character, episode, storyline, song. Just such good TV. S4 was kind of boring, S5 kind of ridiculous. S5-7 are pretty good, and then I really liked S8-9. S10 is my least favorite season but still enjoyable. I would probably rank like this...

S2
S3
S1
S8
S9
S11
S5
S4
S12
S6
S7
S10

Favorite couples? Meredith/Derek, Izzie/Denny, Alex/Jo, Mark/Lexie, Burke/Cristina

April/Jackson are cute, but I honestly don't see any chemistry or see why Jackson would like her. I think April is by far the worst character on the show. Callie/Arizona used to be great, but they really messed them up. Cristina/Owen had their moments, but overall weren't a great match.

I liked George/Izzie too! I really didn't like Alex/Izzie years ago, but maybe my opinon would be different now because I love Alex. But I love Jo and Alex, their buildup in S9 was so amazing.

Favorite characters? Alex, Cristina, Izzie, George, and Meredith - so MAGIC I love them all. I really loved Lexie too. Jackson, Addison, Arizona, Derek are other favorites of mine. I mean, I really love them all except April.
Old 05-13-2016, 06:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Xo, Kitty

I liked 11. 10/9 and maybe 8 was where the show really lost me and I got bored but season 11 started out great. I loved the focus on Meredith and I liked Maggie. (her intro was too much but she got so much better) and I liked the addition of Amelia too. And the couples i dislike (alex/jo, avery/april, callie/airzona) had issues and/or no focus os that was good for me. and i adore the alex/mer friendship so much.

Dereks death was sad of course but they made him so annoying all season so it was easier to see him go.

I do agree the show is easy to watch and even though its not as good as it was in the first 3 seasons its still good. It's still entertaining and it still feels like Greys.

my ranking would be:
2, 3, 1 - AMAZING/FLAWLESS/PERFECT.
6, 5, 4 - Pretty good. Some issues but still good.
11 - Good. a very different show at this point in some capacity but i enjoyed episodes.
7-10 all blend together for me and i wasn't big fan but id probably rank them 7, 8, 9, 10. lol

we'll see how i feel about 12.

i love alex NOW but he used to be an ass!

Quote:
April/Jackson are cute, but I honestly don't see any chemistry or see why Jackson would like her. I think April is by far the worst character on the show.
Totally agree with this whole thing. I really cant stand April, I find her obnoxious! And Avery is so beautiful and sweet. I just dont see it. I never felt like they had that good of chemistry. They were supposed to be this amazing passionate pairing and I just didnt get it. I do think Jo/Alex have chemistry but they just do nothing for me.
Old 05-13-2016, 09:12 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah Alex/Jo were really screwed when they got together. By S11, they had like one meaningful scene and that was it. His friendship with Meredith was so much stronger than his romance with Jo. And honestly, if I was Jo and was being kicked out of bed for Meredith, I would not be ok with that

Sometimes I love Meredith so much and then sometimes she can be so cruel.

I really like Amelia too. Sometimes she's annoying, but she's a really bold character which I like.

Alex is literally amazing and the show should focus on him more and more. His relationship with Meredith, his work, his family, it's all so good. And I personally loved Alex and Jo in the beginning. So many cute moments.

April is SO annoying. She drives me crazy and I just will never understand what Jackson sees in her. And the writing tried to tell us that they were best friends first, but that wasn't ever really there either. So to me, there is no real foundation to their relationship. The only reason I semi like them is because I just like seeing Jackson in love because he is unbelievably good looking But he deserves better...idk who though.
Old 05-13-2016, 09:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Xo, Kitty

I liked jo/alex at first but theyve been handled so horribly. Up to what I've seen they've literally had zero focus. There just isn't enough there for me to ship. And from what I've heard about them in 12 I dont think I want to.

I see a lot of myself in Meredith. We have very similar personalities. Same kind of dry humor. We don't get too excited over things. We're "dark and twisty" but have a fun side too at times. IDK, i just get her and thats why I love her.

Alex has been so screwed over on this series. He's NEVER gotten focus.

I liked Lexi/Jackson personally but I'd love to see him with someone else. I agree about Japril. They were apprently friends but I didnt even realize that until they told us that. Too bad she wasn't gone when she got fired the first time.

I need to do a rewatch. At least for seasons 1-6.
Old 05-14-2016, 07:50 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah by S11 they pretty much dropped Jo/Alex or all their focus was on how Alex prioritizes Meredith first. It's really annoying what they did to them because I think their relationship in S9 is what got me really excited about the show again. It had me looking forward to episodes. I loved it!

Yeah Meredith is definitely an interesting character. She's one of those people where if she loves you, she loves you, and if she doesn't like you, well that's not good She can be so aloof too, which can be hurtful. But she is the show. She is the heart of it.

Yeah Alex needs waaayyy more focus. There is so much more we can look about him. I still want to know more about Izzie, George, and Cristina. I miss them all How is George dead?!

I liked Lexi/Jackson too I did not like Lexi/Alex...and Alex/April were a thing for a bit too. I just don't get why people would be into April, she drives me insane. And yup, the writers totally "told" us April/Jackson were best friends. We never saw it.
Old 05-15-2016, 11:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Xo, Kitty

Quote:
she loves you, and if she doesn't like you, well that's not good
which i love!

dont even get me started on george. he was my favorite and they did him so wrong.
Old 05-15-2016, 12:09 PM
Elite Fan

I know!! By S4 they had pushed George to the sidelines and then in S5, he literally had no storylines. It was so frustrating.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top