Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2020, 08:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think the writers didn't want to kill off another main character and thought maybe fans would be happy with this, but.... yeah no. A lot of viewers now probably dont even remember Izzie. Especially if they are more casual viewers.

I understand that Alex loves kids and he would want to be with his kids, but if they were going to do this SL, they could have done it a lot slower so it made sense. I get that Justin left, and it is what it is, but it just sucks. If Ellen ever wants to leave the show, then they better cancel it! Is had its run, I would be total fine with it ending soon.

Quote:
There is a thing called co-parenting. He could have moved to Kansas to be close to the kids, and yet didn't have reconcile with Izzie...
Exactly. It was as if it was one way or the other, and they also wrote it so that Alex was basically cutting off all contact from everyone, which is just dumb.

I really dont understand how the writers could have thought this was good enough.

I really dont want Jo with Link. I was thinking maybe Jo and Jackson could be an interesting pairing instead. But down he line, not right now.

Oh also, unrelated but I hate how they had teddy cheat!
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 09:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I heard they didn't kill him off to leave the chance that Justin might return one day. Because who knows what might happen.

I get why Alex would want to be there for his kids, given his crappy life. An maybe a part of him never stopped loving Izzie given how it ended. She just vanished. And knowing there was kids, it was enough.

But it would be one thing if he had been single all these years. But he had been Jo almost as long as Izzie has been gone. I have lost count how long Camilla had been in the role. Given what they had gone through. And truly had they had crossed a big barrier lately. HELL He MARRIED HER LESS THAN A MONTH before his departure.

Of course the kids are a big drawing point. If it was the Richard scenario. The kids would win the day.

But they should have at least given JO a chance to say "No, I am staying. You go, but I am not moving my career to watch you parent with Izzie."

It was a simple phone call or something to give the choice to Jo. But the way that they did seem off...

I get a instant reconciliation gives a fairytale ending to Alex's messed up life if Justin doesn't some how come back. But come on. It wasn't something the Alex we had known in recent years. Especially someone who had gone to hell and back with Jo. And probably had more a relationship with Jo than he had with Izzie.

Storylines feel like they are changing on a dime because of the Justin situation. They sudden change the dynamics of Amelia's baby. I feel it's still Link's baby because would they really given Owen THREE children LOL. But the sudden twist in Teddy, yeah...

But if the baby was Owen's or even Link's and Amelia just stays away. Opens Link for Jo. I don't know if they will go there. But it brings the possibility of Owen and Amelia again.

I did like Owen and Amelia together. I sorta have hope they work out because I didn't like Owen and Teddy.

Jo would be best to do the Meredith version. Stay single for awhile, and see how it all develops. The way they have established their friendship. Unless they were blind drunk due to their romantic problems, I can't see them going there... unless it's gradual and just happens.

In this day of streaming, and watching on DVD. People who have around for awhile. Izzie probably is remembered. I was around and have watched since the beginning and I buy a lot of bull**** shows tend to make us eat.

But to trying to make it a romantic reunion. I said out loud Hogwash. They probably should have said he was a co-parent situation instead of a fairy tale ending.

Even if it's soapy, and leave a lot of opportunities for Camilla to play as Jo as she deals with the fallout.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Jasper1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 10:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

I agree it would have been better had he told Jo offscreen, she told us what was happening and then told Meredith that she told him she wasnt going, so that way it was more her decision than his... idk.

Quote:
But he had been Jo almost as long as Izzie has been gone.
Werent they together even longer? Because of all the time jumps? Wasnt seasons 1-3 just 1 year?

Quote:
And probably had more a relationship with Jo than he had with Izzie.
He did. We saw that whole thing develop and grow and she made him a better person 100%. With Izzie he was still sort of the same old Alex and their relationship was too rocky. I never shipped it tough so whatever but yeah, I always felt those two didnt work. So for me, this is an absolute NIGHTMARE situation. And I dont even ship Jo/Alex much either but damn. They were done dirty.

I have been a fan of Teddy/Owen since season 6 and always wanted them together. They FINALLY got their shot and were destroyed so quick. Im so frustrated! I was fine with Owen/Amelia but they also destroyed them so like, no i dont want them back together. Linc/Amelia were/are cute imo.

This show just destroys every relationship and does a merry go round of fail with every single one!
Old 03-28-2020, 09:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

didnt enjoy the recent episode much. Maggies storyline was lame, teddy is randomly bi (never even heard of this girl) and Richard going off the rails was so out of nowhere?

Ive ben rewatching season 1 and OMG its so good. soooooo good. I miss the old days so much. I am def. gonna rewatch seasons 1-3, most likely 1-6 because i loved season 6 and i only saw seasons 4 and 5 once. And i might keep going depending on how i feel.
Old 03-31-2020, 10:30 AM
Master Fan

Teddy's character is becoming a real mess I wonder if Richard will be leaving the show
~Janice~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 06:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

that'd be crazy because he's been there so long. he Meredith and bailey are the only OGS!

Yeah Im not sure what they are doing with Teddy this season. And Owen is going to flip out when he hears she cheated.

Rewatching season 2 now, still love it, and Addison was just amazing! I hate that her character wasn't there very long. I need to watch Private Practice eventually.
Old 04-04-2020, 01:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

I finished season 2. I cried so hard over the Denny thing. I didnt think I would as ive seen the episode a few times already and knew what happened bt it was just so sad. JDM is just such a good actor, he really made everyone fall in love with the character. Poor Izzie.

Mer/Der's angst in season 2 was so great, they just have great chemistry together even though Derek was being a bit of a jerk. He should never have chosen Addison.

Christina and Burke were fine, but I never cared that much about them or their SL's. I also didnt care much for Chief. I loved Bailey in seasons 1-3 though, she was so awesome and tough with the interns, I wish she still had that fire to her in the later seasons. I do like when we see a bit of her heart though.

George obsessing over Meredith all season was SO annoying. I hated that they slept together, the show should NOT have gone that far with them. Ick. But at least it helped George to finally get over her.

I loved Addison too, she was such a great character and so genuine for everything that she went through.

I started season 3, I adore Mark, he is so hot. . I've really been enjoying this rewatch.

Last edited by Alexa; 04-06-2023 at 09:25 PM
Old 04-14-2020, 06:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm SO DONE with Teddy! I CAN'T BELIEVE she slept with whats his face AGAIN. And poor Owen had to hear it on the tape! Awful.

Look, I know Owen has been a huge jerk in the past and some could say he deserved it but I always wanted Teddy/Owen so I WAS SO DISAPPOINTED with this SL. And she just kept cheating over and over. Absolutely disgusting.

I love Hayes, he's adorable and I'm shipping Hayes and Meredith now. I am over DeLuca. I understand his sickness isn't his fault but idk, something about him I just dont really care about anymore. And Meredith went through hell taking care of her sick mother, having to take care of another person with a mental illness I think might be too much for her.

Certainly didnt feel like a finale really... but it was a decent ending. They figured out what was wrong with the chief and Amelia had her baby. I think the writers said they would incorporate the remaining storylines into next season and probably re-work some things. I also heard next season might be the last one.

Last edited by Alexa; 05-02-2020 at 10:19 PM
Old 05-01-2020, 07:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I caught up finally, and can comment. I don't care for Owen and Teddy. Was much more of a fan of Owen and Amelia. But boy, that shot there for Owen, wow, you really felt for him. Teddy really is some piece of work. She went ballistic when Owen didn't want her, and came back because she was pregnant, but waited out his reunion with Amelia, and even caused tension there, and then he commits to her, and seems totally into her, and she can't handle it and screws it up, yet again.

I guess next season they can look into her issues, that probably go back to her loss love dying in 9/11. Owen definitely has cheated in the past with past loves, so he can't totally be unforgiven.

But this is one for the books. It wasn't intended to be the season closer, but it sure felt like it.

So, should we worry about Linc and Amelia now the baby is born. Jo needs a love interest.

I am glad Richard seems okay for the moment. He and Catherine needs therapy. I had forgotten until I was thinking of his past malody's that they had already done a brain tumor with him, so you knew it couldn't be that...
Old 05-02-2020, 10:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

I just cant handle cheaters that continue to cheat and make mistakes, so hard to watch.

Teddy was supposed to have an episode about her focused on her past and explain more of her cheating but I guess we have to wait for that.
Old 05-03-2020, 02:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

And the way they introduced it with her fear of Owen being Amelia's son's father. Suddenly she has a panic attack, and starts to go with Tom.

It's going to be interesting to see how they manage. Of course it was intending to be the season finale, so they were had four episodes to try to manage that play but come on Teddy. You wanted to elope. Get married quickly. You had to go there...

I totally felt for Owen.
Old 05-07-2020, 04:39 PM
Master Fan

Owen never seems to get a break
~Janice~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 05:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Owen has never been a favorite of mine. But boy, just when he seemed happy. That shot of him, on the phone, overhearing. Powerful.

I guess it was coming because things were too quiet with them.
Old 06-07-2020, 09:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Finally finished my season 3 rewatch. I didnt enjoy the season as much as i thought I was going to. I definitely preferred season 1 and 2.

I still loved Gizzie this time around but I can understand why other people didnt like it. It did feel a bit odd considering they were best friends before this and the cheating storyline just wasn’t good.

I also didnt love how Derek treated Meredith in season 3. He was acting super selfish and like he needed so much from her when their relationship started with him hiding his affair? Not to mention she had so much **** happen to her? He was not understanding or patient at all.

personally I was glad to see Burke leave. despite disliking the actor, the character wasnt all that interesting and the b/c relationship was also blah to me.

I also didn’t like Mark as much this time around so I am interested to see him develop better in later seasons. I’ve never rewatched any season after season 3 so it’ll be super fun to rewatch seasons 4-6 or so… I am not sure I am going to rewatch the later seasons though, I might stop after season 7 or 8.
Old 06-13-2020, 09:54 AM
Dedicated Fan

So as you can tell by the username I’ve had for yeeeeears I was NOT happy with that send off for Alex, in fact I was so angry about it I’ve only now came to this forum months later because I would’ve never stopped venting

There is no possible way alex would EVER have left Jo like this. Even if you didn’t like them as a couple, I think it’s fair to objectively say after (8 years!? More??) of a (mostly) beautifully written development that the writers have shown Alex and Jo loved each other. And would do anything for each other. They got married, TWICE, after proposing to each other about a thousand times before that, and they went through SO MUCH crap and came out so strong on the other side of it. Because of that, it just isn’t something you can do, in one episode, to wash all of it away and hsve Alex miraculously fall in love witH izzie off screen. It’s laughable. After the way that relationship ended and everything she did to him at the end.. the debt etc.. And I am genuinely baffled how the show runner thought she could toss that out there and it be accepted by people HORRIFIC.

It’s a shame because I think that was the last straw for me, out of hundreds of straws lol but there’s no coming back from that in my eyes. I’ll be curious to see how Merediths story ends for nostalgias sake, and Jo’s too, but a lot of what made me love Jo was how she grew and developed from her letting her guard down with Alex and I’m not sure I want to see her with anyone else. Even though she absolutely deserves to be happy! Time will tell on that, but for now I’ll just follow spoilers and this board
Greysjolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top