Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2017, 07:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

I cant stand Merthan so Im glad...

I think the show just needs to end, its gone on way too long.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 12:36 PM
Master Fan

It's renewed for another season. Maybe the season after that? But I have to admit that I'm losing interest myself. Most of my favorite characters are gone or killed. It's really just a force of habit why I still watch it.
Old 05-16-2017, 11:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Grey's Anatomy firefighter spinoff ordered at ABC

Quote:
Another Grey’s Anatomy spin-off is coming to ABC!

The network has given a straight-to-series order to a spin-off set in a Seattle firehouse, ABC announced Tuesday.

The untitled Shonda Rhimes drama will be centered on a group of heroic firefighters, from the captain down to the newest recruit, following the brave men and women as they risk their lives and their hearts — both in the line of duty and off the clock.

The spin-off will launch out of an episode of Grey’s Anatomy — the timing of the announcement is curious as the penultimate episode of the flagship ended with a big explosion at the hospital.

“No one can interweave the jeopardy firefighters face in the line of duty with the drama in their personal lives quite like Shonda, and Grey’s signature Seattle setting is the perfect backdrop for this exciting spinoff,” said ABC chief Channing Dungey.

Stacy McKee (Grey’s Anatomy, Scandal, and How to Get Away with Murder) will write the script and executive produce with Rhimes and Betsy Beers.

The project marks the second spin-off from Grey’s Anatomy; Private Practice, which ran from 2007 to 2013, centered on Addison Montgomery (Kate Walsh) after she moved from Seattle to Los Angeles to join, well, a private practice.

The news comes as ABC announces Scandal will end after season 7. Earlier Tuesday, Dungey addressed the future of Shondaland — the network picked up a legal drama from Rhimes for midseason, while her Romeo & Juliet sequel Still Star-Crossed debuts later this month — playing coy when asked whether they’ve mulled other spin-offs.

Last edited by CityGal; 05-16-2017 at 11:50 PM
CityGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 12:40 AM
Master Fan

Interesting. Does it mean a character from Greys will play a role in it?
Old 05-19-2017, 12:45 AM
Master Fan

Id love that

EdwardღBella l RonღHermione l SpikeღBuffy l BrandonღKelly l DylanღBrenda l
Lauren James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 02:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

Finale was pretty blasé for a finale IMO.

I personally cant stand Japril at all, so any little things they are throwing maggie/jacksons way i am perfectly fine with.

stephanie actually survived right? i kinda lost focus at the end so i dont know the outcome of that SL. But if the actress is off the show i wonder whats gonna happen to her.

minnik fired . I have no been happier for a moment in a long time. i hope she just leaves next season and her and arizona are done.

meredith and nathan are boring to me and i am so glad his ex or whoever that chick is, is alive. Meredith was actually smiling when he left too, she didnt seem all that sad. please have that be done now pleaseeeeeeee.

WHERE IS ALEX. UGH.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 06:35 AM
Master Fan

Worst finale ever!
Old 05-19-2017, 10:49 AM
Extreme Fan

SO bad.
So, Stephanie who in the center of explosion survived, but few floors were nearly collapsed, LMAO.
ERussia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 11:08 AM
Master Fan

It was a miracle she survived, because Shonda wanted her to live.
Old 05-19-2017, 11:28 AM
Dedicated Fan

What a completely stupid end to the worst season ever. I'm so done with this show, I have clung on for SEASONS, just in the hope that they would finally do something right, and now we're actually at the stage where they are so incapable of strategising and constructing their episodes that we get information in press releases and promotional pictures that are NOWHERE to be found onscreen it's so cringeworthy and embarrassing at this point that I'm actually relieved it was so bad, because it's obvious now it's just going to continue to spiral into 5pm trash soap material, and I can finally get out now. I have no interest in seeing Alex continue to act OOC and ridiculous (when he even appears on screen) and Jo be written like trash.

That's not even to mention how suddenly we're all watching the Maggie-show, as if she was everyone's favourite character we can't get enough of. Because why NOT insert her in between another huge pairing right? Unbelievable. And all that awfully paced build up with Meredith and Nathan for it to end in about 2 minutes! We are EXACTLY where we were last season, there has been NO movement for anyone!!!

And are they trying to say that they couldn't even have one final scene of Stephanie with the people she was closest to?! Webber was there, good, but No scenes with Amelia or Jo... I could accept it in this episode because of Amelia's storyline but they could've at least had her share scenes with both of them in the last few!!! Eugh.

But why I've really had enough finally is the MESS with the ex husband. There is no excuse that Shonda can give for playing around with an issue as serious as DV so carelessly and thoughtlessly, it's just completely disgraceful. They've done this entire non storyline without ANY perspective or involvement from the female victim, and If it was any other character asides from Jo they wouldn't DARE, because they would be absolutely ripped to shreds for it. The fact she was pregnant is so irrelevant, this crap has been happening for years, and that excuse is pitiful. I was still following spoilers up till now but I don't have any interest in that anymore! Hopefully it ends soon, so the show can maintain the small amount of grace it still has. So disappointed
Greysjolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 11:52 AM
Extreme Fan

Maggie is Papa Olive (or whatever his name is? Olivia father from Scandal) of this show.
No one like them both, but Shonda will keep on pushing them on us cuz she likes actors.
Maggie is absolutely not working alone and they are trying to pair her with some people in hopes to make her relevant, but it's not working too.
She is even worse than Lexie.
ERussia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 04:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I enjoyed the finale. Overall, I enjoyed the season. Yes the season is flawed (mostly the second half, the first half was more cohesive) but I blame behind the scenes drama for it. Just because Maggie was prominent in the last arc of the season doesn't mean she's taken over the show. She was basically backburner until the end of the season.

I think it was obvious they planned a bigger Alex and Jo story for the end with the husband. But Camilla's pregnancy caused major switching around at the end, which is why Jo vanished from what they planned. So maybe Maggie stepped up to account for the story they weren't able to do.

Now doesn't mean they should have waited so long to do Jo's story. Should have done it earlier...

They hired a actor who was supposed to have more of a promient role than he ended up, so they actually had to some of the story. We shall in the fall if they continue on with Jo's story.

I don't know how far they will go with Jackson and Maggie given that for most fans, April is the desired mate for Jackson. But she seems to have a quick transferrance of attraction from Nathan to Jackson. So it might not actually go that far... She's grieving her mother's death, and slightly pissed that Meredith moved on with Nathan, and the only other qausi single guy in the hospital is Jackson - who treated her mother with kindness...

I blame the multiple pregnancies that obviously disrupted storylines. But overall I liked the show seemed to be getting back to what it's best at at the end of the season.

I am curious what Megan being alive means. Will they recast her in the fall from the actress who played the role in Owen's dream. Saying she's been held hostage for 10 years could mean she's not looking like she used to...

I am curious about next season.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Jasper1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 05:54 PM
Dedicated Fan

Yeah, it's just for me the pregnancy just does not work as an excuse, because they've had the entire season to plan for it, she was basically able to film until pretty much the end, and Alex and Jo are ALWAYS the ones that suffer the most from behind the scenes issues. If the same problem hadn't happened in season 11, then 12, and now this, I wouldn't be as fed up as I am. But it's worse for me because they introduced this domestic abuse seed seasons ago and when they finally start exploring it, her perspective and survival story is just nowhere to be found - instead they've chosen to ignore that, in favour of storylines like the 6th grade love triangle with Riggs Maggie and Meredith for half The season. I've just had enough, and now that they've actually introduced the domestic violence angle, they make it all about Alex and then drop it again, and even worse is the fact that Meredith who has nothing to do with Jo's private secrets now knows more about Jo's husband than Jo herself!!! It's just so careless and shocking really

I get what you're saying, it's just a culmination of last straw things piling up for me haha
Greysjolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 06:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysjolex (View Post)
Yeah, it's just for me the pregnancy just does not work as an excuse, because they've had the entire season to plan for it, she was basically able to film until pretty much the end, and Alex and Jo are ALWAYS the ones that suffer the most from behind the scenes issues. If the same problem hadn't happened in season 11, then 12, and now this, I wouldn't be as fed up as I am. But it's worse for me because they introduced this domestic abuse seed seasons ago and when they finally start exploring it, her perspective and survival story is just nowhere to be found - instead they've chosen to ignore that, in favour of storylines like the 6th grade love triangle with Riggs Maggie and Meredith for half The season. I've just had enough, and now that they've actually introduced the domestic violence angle, they make it all about Alex and then drop it again, and even worse is the fact that Meredith who has nothing to do with Jo's private secrets now knows more about Jo's husband than Jo herself!!! It's just so careless and shocking really

I get what you're saying, it's just a culmination of last straw things piling up for me haha
True, I will give you that but in this case there were three pregnancies and one more maternity leave that married the season. Jessica's was the easiest since she had the baby during the summer hiatus, but was given time off to bond with the baby before reporting to work. Ellen's came in around October, via surrogate but she was allowed reduction in time but her time off wouldn't have come into the second half of the season, which definitely impacted the whole "Civil War" storyline with Meredith basically not in it.

Camilla's was all season, but apparently she didn't have the easiest time of it later on in her pregnancy and therefore I think they had to do a lot of reduction in the plans for Jo and Alex. And it showed. That was the risk they were playing with given they could have done the storyline earlier...

The actress whose Amelia was right in the heart of the season.

And Camilla gave birth right around the time the season wrapped, so I think whatever the plan with the husband storyline, it had to be delayed...

And they also had to wrap up Stephanie stay on the show. So it was a lot of behind the scenes stuff to deal with...

Because there was so many maternity leaves or pregnancies. This was not a ordinary season that had maybe one or so... This was a lot...

Doesn't mean they couldn't have done things earlier or planned better but I think they wanted Jo's storyline as the classic end to the season and cliffhanger. Unfortunately Camilla's pregnancy didn't allow it. So they changed things up.

I think they tried but when you have so many absences, it affects storylines.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Jasper1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 02:52 AM
Elite Fan

I really hope next season we get right into Owen/Amelia and Jo/Alex and other hanging stories, i just feel like its just been hanging all season lol. (And i for one dont seem to ship or invest any couples/pairings in this show). One relationship i have always liked is Alex/Meredith.
Japril seems to be unreal... so their relationship isnt moving on despite living together and also divorced, these two need to move on!!!

I thought i would like Meredith and Nathan, but i just cant seem to be comfy with them (and this is coming from someone who was indifferent to Mere/Derek but understood the relationship and being the epic love etc).

I can't wait to see Megan Hunt again, it's also due to that they brought on such a good actress Bridget Reagan, so i hope to see it's still her playing Megan (since i have noticed she is on few different shows - Jane the virgin, The last ship). Just hope the show gives depth to what happened to her and seen from her pov (not just coz how it affects her brother and Nathan/Mere.

I like DeLuca, and do more with him. (DeLuca can do better then Jo and Maggie lol)

I think one of the episode i really liked was Maggie and her mum dying , i think it just flowed so well.

HazelEyes008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top