Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2016, 10:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

i think i read they wanted him to have minimal screen time in season 5 so that it was easier when he was suddenly gone in season 6.

they did that with derek too.

i mean, it makes sense and it was easier for me to let derek go after he had been so absent but idk, george was my favorite so i hated his lack of screen time.

and i dont see why they couldnt have just said goodbye to him. why did he have to die?!?!

i did love the george/izzie elevator scene in season 5 though, i wanted izzie to go off with him so in my head they would have ended together but oh well. it was a nice/sad moment for me regardless.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 09:54 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah I think I heard that too...I guess to make the blow not as powerful, but I hated Derek leaving. But the episode where he comes back is so good. I miss Meredith/Derek. I still can't believe he's dead. I mean S12 is good, but come on....they were THE couple. A part of me still chooses to believe he's alive.

The elevator scene with Izzie and George is one of the best of the show

And I agree, why can't the characters just leave and go work somewhere else, like Cristina. If both Mark and Lexie were going to die, why not have them move somewhere else. Izzie left, so could have George. Thank god they didn't kill Cristina.

Derek is trickier because there is no way that I'd be cool with them getting a divorce...but that's better than him dying, I suppose? I really don't know what they could have done. I mean maybe if Patrick would do this, they could have it come back a few episodes every season and have Derek stay in DC?
Old 05-16-2016, 01:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

They were THE couple and it sucks they killed him. I just wish the show had ended in season 10 or something with them happy. However, it would have been weird to just have Derek leave his wife and kids and never be heard from again so I can understand why they chose to kill him off.

And maybe it was because I knew about it before hand or because they were writing Derek so jerky in season 11 but I wasnt that sad to see him go. The first time I saw the episode (i watched it with my mom even though i wasnt keeping up with the series at the time) i was really sad, but this time around I didn't really care and I'm actually excited to see Meredith single again.

I think at this point I'm just so used to shows getting cancelled or my favorites getting killed off, or couples breaking up, that nothing really phases me anymore. Its just tv.

They killed so many characters for no reason! Lexie/Mark should have gotten back together and left together.

I heard that Patrick was willing to stay and do that but Shonda was angry at him for wanting to leave so she killed him off. It sounds like something she would do.
Old 05-16-2016, 01:48 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I think at this point I'm just so used to shows getting cancelled or my favorites getting killed off, or couples breaking up, that nothing really phases me anymore. Its just tv.
How sad is that? I feel the same. Character deaths don't upset me as much anymore...

I do like seeing Meredith handle being single again. She's been really interesting this year.

The Mark/Lexie thing was ridiculous. Super well done deaths, but they should have both gone off together. I understand Derek dying because you couldn't break up Mer/Der, but both Mark/Lexie were leaving, so why not just let them be happy!

Lexie's death is seriously one of the saddest on the show. I cry so much every time I see it. And it was so shocking because it was like 8 minutes into the episode - no one dies that early in a season finale!
Old 05-17-2016, 12:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

yeah thats pretty crazy. i didnt cry because i wasnt obsessed with her but it was still sad.
Old 05-17-2016, 01:45 PM
Elite Fan

How far are you into S11?

I am curious is going to leave the show in Thursday's finale ....I've heard rumors it might be Callie. I'd be ok with that honestly
Old 05-17-2016, 01:45 PM
Elite Fan

How far are you into S11?

I am curious is going to leave the show in Thursday's finale ....I've heard rumors it might be Callie. I'd be ok with that honestly
Old 05-17-2016, 10:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

I finished season 11. Just waiting for season 12 to be on Netflix and Ill catch up quick.

I DONT WANT CALLIE TO LEAVE. She's one of my favs.

I hope its Jo. Or Bailey. Or April. Or Stephanie actually.

I used to HATEEEEE Arizona but shes grown on me.
Old 05-18-2016, 02:54 AM
Master Fan

It can be jo.

EdwardღBella l RonღHermione l SpikeღBuffy l BrandonღKelly l DylanღBrenda l
Lauren James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 07:21 AM
Elite Fan

I've honestly grown to love Arizona so much. I love her relationship with Alex.

I think Callie might be leaving because Sara posted something cryptic on Twitter. I like Callie, but this past season she has been awful.
Old 09-22-2016, 12:23 PM
Elite Fan

Season 13 Premieres tonight - I am so ready for it to be back
Old 09-23-2016, 12:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm all caught up and I watched the premiere. Thought it was okay but not the greatest. It's sad what they've done to Alex. He will never get a break I feel like.

Love the merlex friendship though and all their scenes.
Old 09-23-2016, 09:09 AM
Elite Fan

I thought the premiere was SO good -- I love the focus on Alex, Meredith, and Jo.

And I agree, their friendship has become one of my favorite friendships ever.
Old 12-12-2016, 08:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

I've only been watching for about a week now, but refuse to watch passed season 4 (other than Merlex scenes on youtube) since I know how season 5 ends and I just can't handle another favorite character dying. Especially not when it was completely unnecessary and was only brought on supposedly by stuff happening behind the scenes. It's so frustrating.

Although, speaking of....I guess whatever happened with Shonda and TR is water under the bridge now since he's gonna be on her other show The Catch in a role written specifically for him. Can someone help me figure this out because I would have assumed this would never have happened,

This may seem a little far fetched but everyone else has theories so why not share mine. Deep down, merediths biggest fear is being alone in the end, right? So what if all of these deaths are not actual deaths at all but instead are her way of coping with all the people leaving on their own free will and in turn unintentionally leaving her alone. If my theory could possibly be correct, then she still probably keeps in touch with Cristina which would explain why Cristina just left on her own without being killed off. If I had more time I'd explain further but I think this is understandable enough as is at the moment.

{taek su mi sun}

Last edited by fall into your smile; 12-12-2016 at 09:00 PM
fall into your smile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 03:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

I didnt realize there was an issue with TR and Shonda? I thought he just wanted to leave because Isaiah was still on the show?

But it was quite a while ago that it happened, maybe shes reached out to him and really apologized for how things went down? idk.

I really dont think they are going to revive all these dead characters. Christina didnt die either, she just went away. I'm sure her and Christina do keep in touch occasionally and that we will see her in the finale whenever that happens.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top