Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2019, 11:37 PM
Moderator Manager

Grand Hotel (ABC) #2: Five star hotel. Five star secrets.

GRAND HOTEL
appreciation

The series takes place at the last family-owned hotel in multicultural Miami Beach. Charismatic Santiago Mendoza
owns the hotel, while his glamorous second wife, Gigi, and their adult children enjoy the spoils of success. The hotel's loyal
staff round out a contemporary, fresh take on an upstairs/downstairs story. Wealthy and beautiful guests bask in luxury,
but scandals, escalating debt and explosive secrets hide beneath the picture-perfect exterior.

PREMIERES: JUNE 17, 2019

C A S T
Demián Bichir as Santiago Mendoza
Roselyn Sanchez as Gigi Mendoza
Denyse Tontz as Alicia Mendoza
Bryan Craig as Javi Mendoza
Wendy Raquel Robinson as Helen "Mrs. P" Parker
Lincoln Younes as Danny
Shalim Ortiz as Mateo
Anne Winters as Ingrid
Chris Warren as Jason Parker
Feliz Ramirez as Carolina
Justina Adorno as Yoli

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

L i N d $ @ y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 11:38 PM
Moderator Manager

I still haven't watched the season finale which I'll do so later so I'll come back tomorrow with my reaction.

Old 09-11-2019, 06:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the thread!

I watched it last night. It was wild
Elle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 10:46 PM
Moderator Manager

I finally watched it too and I enjoyed it.

I'm glad they didn't drag out Sky's mystery and at least that one's finally solved. Too bad she's really dead. But I'm lukewarm that Malcolm killed her. He's easily the most dispensable on the show because he's dying. Imo, Jason is better off not knowing the truth. But I guess it's better that Malcolm killed her than either Santiago or Gigi who I both love dearly. Speaking of, they're both not okay right now. And Santiago is reaching out to Jason because he finally knows what he is to him.

I was laughing that Danny was just telling everyone in that ep that he's Sky's sister. But good news for him & Alicia as it looks like at least their relationship survived. And also they really didn't do much for Ingrid & Matteo at these last few eps. It's like their characters were completely forgotten. I don't know what to feel about them being together (or maybe it was just sex) but I would love for them to be the baddies next season. It also looks like it was Matteo that shot Santaigo in the end although I won't assume right away because this show is all for the drama and maybe it's Felix. Also I forgot, didn't Yoli & Carolina know about what Felix did and why Gigi left him when he came again wanting a 2nd chance?

They also need to write better for Yoli & Carolina (most especially Carolina). Other than Yoli & her coming out, her relationship with her family, connection to Sky, there really isn't much for her. Same with Javi. After his rehab, there also wasn't much for him. Is he gonna go back to his old ways or is he really a changed man? Also yikes on sleeping with Ingrid's mom.

Old 09-12-2019, 07:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, this show has difficulties with focusing on character development. The sister are shallow and Javi became irrelevant. I'm hoping the writing and character development improves if they get picked up for another season.

I was disappointed in what they did with Malcolm. I was more interesting in Mrs. P being the killer
Old 09-13-2019, 12:54 AM
Moderator Manager

The others are well developed though so I hope they write better for those characters next season, if renewed.

I was in shock that at first they made it look like it was Mrs. P and then it turned out to be Malcolm. Plus he killed Sky just cause she has the letter that has evidence that Jason is Mrs. P & Santiago's son. Which technically is Beatriz' letter. Sky essentially died getting caught up with the drama of the Mendozas and in a way, that was Yoli's fault.

I hope they renew this show, it was a great summer show and I enjoyed it for the drama. I initially didn't like it from the get go but somewhere in the 5th or 6th ep, I think, I was finally on-board. Plus I love Santiago & Gigi and the Mendozas.

Old 09-13-2019, 03:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, when Sky took the letter, I just didn't see her motivation to do so.
Old 09-13-2019, 11:05 PM
Moderator Manager

Yeah why did she take that letter? It was in that safety deposit box for a reason. And she knows that if she took something there, she'll get in trouble and Yoli as well.

Maybe is Sky threatened both Malcolm & Mrs. P that she'll tell Jason the truth in exchange for a promotion or something, then I can see more of a reason for either of them to kill Sky.

Old 09-14-2019, 04:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

She did it to blackmail Gigi for money which was terrible to do since she was dating yoli
fox24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 06:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

I don't know if it's we just don't know much about Skye or The motivation of this whole crime just wasn't really planned out too well.
Old 09-14-2019, 11:13 PM
Moderator Manager

^ Yeah and the whole Malcolm & Mrs. P thing happened for drama so instead of just Sky having to deal with the Mendozas, she got intertwined with the Parkers as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
She did it to blackmail Gigi for money which was terrible to do since she was dating yoli
So in the event that they fire her, she can blackmail them with that letter instead? So it means Sky was just using Yoli?

Old 09-15-2019, 06:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

^I feel like Skye was probably using Yoli. When we were introduced to Yoli she was the "ugly sister" role, and I think she was probably just used as a pawn.
Old 09-15-2019, 06:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Or maybe she liked her but got caught up in wanting money
fox24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 07:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

Could also be true.
Old 09-15-2019, 11:18 PM
Moderator Manager

Whew. I'm glad that it didn't work out for them then because Sky got Yoli in trouble and Yoli hasn't come out yet that time.

I still wish it was Mrs. P that killed Sky. She's Danny's boss. Malcolm & Danny barely even interacted with each other.

I wonder when we'll find out if the show is renewed or cancelled?

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top