Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2019, 12:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, so I'm choosing to remove that 'fact' and leave it open ended.
Old 01-20-2019, 12:57 AM
Dedicated Fan

In my head real GG ended in 5x20, after DB walk away from the MET steps and live happily ever after. I encourage everyone to pick their own ending and leave it at that

Season 6 was awful in so many ways, it is not only Dan, DB. All characters were ruined.
Old 01-20-2019, 06:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^^ Then you end it with 5x19, not 5x20. Where Chuck pays her dowry anonymously, to make her free to be with whomever she wants to be, and she is like "oh wait" Where Dan is despicable actually, then she tells him she always wanted to be a princess, wait didn't Dan ruin her dream coming true in the first place? And not to mention for himself, not for her. Also where we see that Dan pushing her into a relationship was one of the reasons for her dowry in the first place as well and how he enables her pod side again. Oh let's forget the things Dan ruined, there is Chuck to pay the dues but he is the worst somehow... Then the ruiner puts a plastic tiarra on her and she is like Princess Peaches, dream came true, ok Dan you did your best Not a happily ever after I'd say but ok it's your call. A person makes her free and the ruiner is still out there to ruin more

5x20 is the pretentious party. Like how she threw out a party in S2 with Lord Marcus. Oh not to mention how they tried to copy Season 2 in whole Season 5, but it's hidious Dan's book party in 5x21 where Blair was despicing Dan again Dan was getting all yanked up by her in whole "relationship", I'd hate DB in S5 if I were a fan. And I do love the most where Blair was back in her original form in 5x22, an NJBC episode, thank god One of the bests in season 5, where also ratings raised. Then 5x23 was nice too, she didn't wanna spend her time and summer with Dan, oh wait who was she with? And she would go whereever it would be with who? Hmm interesting There was all DS stuff that made me chuckle in that episode also And 5x24 I like the ending. I am ALL in

Well, I don't need to choose an early ending even tho there are unBLAIRABLE episodes.

Old 01-20-2019, 10:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

You got your endgame, no need to be like that people are who lost. Whether canon or not, I still got mine. I don’t think dB was good for dan but I think we can all love the characters without trapping on each other’s ships.
Old 01-20-2019, 01:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't see people as winners or losers here. It was not a competition so that logic fails me.

All I said was in fact that episode and the scene was not that much of a happy ending for DB because of the previous happenings and Blair, but of course it's her call. Everybody can have their headcanon, yet there are still canons.

And I don't get the hate for Vanessa. Even before S4 she was hated. I loved Danessa before S4 and Dan acted terribly towards her terribly. Look at the ways he acted towards his exes and friends... Ugh...

It's getting lame but it keeps coming
Old 01-20-2019, 03:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Which I am sure you are enjoying.
Old 01-20-2019, 03:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I am enjoying lots of things but which one do you ask Shu? If you mean GG and You comparisons, as I said it’s getting lame yet there’s so much buzz and some of them are funny imo.
Old 01-20-2019, 04:21 PM
Dedicated Fan

Ok there is no need for that. Ugh. Why do everything need to turn into shipwars and hostile comments? I specifically said anyone can have the alternative ending they like if they don't like the final season. We are talking about how ****ty the final season is. This is not about ships. You can prefer canon finale if that's your idea of a good storywriting.

No matter who you ship what went down on final season was messy, filled with character assasinations and plotholes whether you want to admit it or not.

When CB fans treat any and every slighest bit of negative/disagreeing comments with such hostility I don't take their oh poor us everyone bashes Chuck here and there cries seriously. You are literally forcing your ship on others and have zero tolerance for anyone who disagrees. Endgame doesn't mean the most important thing for everyone, it is the journey that matters and everyone has their own preference and perception on that, it is very subjective. I care more about the journey. So you can throw your hostile comments anyway you like. It just makes threads uncomfortable.

I wonder why that never happens with DS, NB, or other shippers.

Edit: Oh and by the way the reason there was a dowry to be paid was because Chuck was played by Georgina, and wanted to sabotage DB in the first place.

Last edited by Serein; 01-20-2019 at 04:31 PM
Old 01-20-2019, 06:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Guys, try to be calm and understand one another. I don't think there was any intent to come across disrespectful to any of the ships, it was personal opinion.

If you are bothered by a comment, best to move on to a new topic please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serein
I encourage everyone to pick their own ending and leave it at that
Agree!
Old 01-20-2019, 06:56 PM
Dedicated Fan

Moving on to the iconic GG gif.

Penn
Old 01-20-2019, 07:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's too cute!
Old 01-20-2019, 08:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serein (View Post)

Moving on to the iconic GG gif.

Penn
That’s a cute tidbit. I am glad that he is more active on social media. His article on Vilma made me so sad.
Old 01-21-2019, 04:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

I remember Penn Badgley got really sick of Gossip Girl by the time that Season 4 came around. He just sounded miserable every time somebody brought it up and the one thing he got excited about was the idea of Dair happening... Even though he also admitted that Chuck was Blair's soulmate. He just didn't enjoy Dan after a while and (no spoilers ) he thought the --big reveal-- at the end basically made him seem like a creep.

But anyway, the Non-Judging Breakfast Club -

Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 01-21-2019, 06:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^^ Hey

There's no need for spoilers alert everyone knows he was GG I remember that interview, yet I don't remember exactly, but I remember him mocking the show a lot especially towards the ending, sometimes I found him irritating sometimes he was right This show is so mock-able, especially Dan, like in the gif that was posted above

But fans definitely hated Dan character and found him creepy before the big reveal happened. Dan is hated because of Dan himself, not because he was revealed to be GG.

Awwhhhhhh my NJBC Now that's another endgame of the show How I'd die for a spin-off

DS cuteness Back then I really liked this scene.

Last edited by lessismore; 01-21-2019 at 06:16 AM
Old 01-21-2019, 07:25 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
That’s a cute tidbit. I am glad that he is more active on social media. His article on Vilma made me so sad.
Yeah but I am so happy Vilma got her happy ending. He is definitely one of the great guys. Always advocating for humanrights and minorities.

He seems to enjoy sm better than he used to. He followed a fan after someone threathened her to stalk like Joe. It was sweet of him.