Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2019, 02:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

True! Thanks for the link!
Old 01-17-2019, 12:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Like just watching 2A so far and the Jenny fashion show and kissing Nate. If he was GG, like they named him, he wouldn't have been shocked at that. It doesn't fit the past is all.
They showed his reactions so many times being shocked at GG posts when he was ALONE. These mistakes are not like the others where you can maybe not notice. This is big stuff.

Even if it was plausible to be him his character in the first few seasons would never have done that.
Old 01-17-2019, 08:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I always loved Dan. Always.
Old 01-17-2019, 02:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessismore (View Post)
Chuck is great for every season, he is Chuck Bass!

https://media0.giphy.com/media/bta05nCmkZgBO/giphy.gif

Look at him

You is basically Gossip Girl with murder
Agreed?
Not if you have watched either show. Dan has his flaws, but he was never the murdering type and even penn pointed that comparing joe/dan was pretty much a disservice to the dan character.

The GG thing is a big fat joke. The only people who really seem to like that angle are people who hated him who just want more reasons to hate him. Dan was very cold at the start of s6 and it made no sense. He was also completely insensitive in S5 as well. A big departure from who the character was for the first four seasons of the show.

Last edited by Mi||iê Måë; 01-17-2019 at 06:49 PM
Old 01-17-2019, 03:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

yeah saying dan is like joe is just ridiculous.

completely agree Shu.
Old 01-17-2019, 06:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Just a reminder Shu that when you quote images, you need to change the IMG tags to URL as it is against rules.

I've edited for you this time though!

The comparison is sad they're nothing alike other than the like of books/writing. That's where it ends.
Old 01-17-2019, 06:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah I agree one percent Dan is not joe
Old 01-17-2019, 08:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi||iê Måë (View Post)
Just a reminder Shu that when you quote images, you need to change the IMG tags to URL as it is against rules.

I've edited for you this time though!

The comparison is sad they're nothing alike other than the like of books/writing. That's where it ends.
Oops sorry. I didn’t even realize the post I quoted had an image.
Old 01-17-2019, 08:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

No worries, that's what reminding is for!

So I finished season 2, and watched 301. I am not a Chuck fan, sorry to fans, he bothers me.

I like that Dan and Serena are still talking even if broken up again, but her actions to get her father's attention are so sad.
Old 01-17-2019, 09:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

carter and serena were hot tho.
Old 01-17-2019, 09:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^^ The horses the chase and then Carter coming out to find the officials with the horses!
Old 01-18-2019, 04:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Wish Carterena had another chance, I loved them

I am not sure if I am gonna watch "You", I am not drown into it actually but it certainly has been received well I guess, became very popular

But I thought maybe the "You" writer is influenced from GG writer Cecely's last GG book "Gossip Girl, Psycho Killer"
Old 01-18-2019, 05:20 AM
Dedicated Fan

Dan Joe comparisons make no sense, it was funny at first but got annoying really fast

Just for the laughs they act like Dan was written as GG from the very begining while it was so obvious (and later on admitted) they decided on the very last episodes of the show. The Dan we have watched on the show has a good heart. People tell Dan puts people on pedastal, he does that to himself the most! Surely, he makes mistakes, lies but then he sees the errors of his ways and apologieses, tries to make amends to repair the damage he caused. He is a good person at heart.

Dan is my second favorite character, for the very same reason people say it is their least: he is judgemental! He has certain believes on what the right thing to do is, and judges everyone based on that. That makes him human, more real as he is just a pretentious, smart, highschool boy. I don't blame his views on UESers, I actually get them. He saw them treat each other horribly, on the first episode his sister was assaulted, he was bullied in high school. It makes sense that he is prejudiced against them.

But why I love that is because he actually grows up, through his relationship with UESers. He tells Vanessa off about people who are priviledged should not be blamed for that. Through his friendship with Nate/Eric, his relationship with Blair, and even when he got close to Chuck and helped him out to get better in early season 5, he sees the good in them and UES. Season 3-5 is him evolving.

The vows he wrote for Blair's wedding you have him admit that he didn't actually liked his judgemental ways.

"in the film sabrina, audrey hepburn said “i have learnt how to live… how to be in the world and of the world, and not just to stand aside and watch and i will never, never again run away from life or from love, either.” while it may sound a bit strange, i feel the same way as sabrina. and it’s because of you blair waldorf. you have taught me how to live, how to enjoy everything the world has to offer. you have brought out this side of me i never thought existed. before you, i did not truly know how to live. i was expected to be a certain kind of person. but the truth is, that person was someone i didn’t actually like that much. he didn’t laugh. he didn’t

But of course season 6 ruined it. It was character assasination for well not just Dan but everyone

Sorry for the long post. I'm just really annoyed that people try to rationalize their Dan hate through Joe.
Old 01-18-2019, 07:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
Not if you have watched either show. Dan has his flaws, but he was never the murdering type and even penn pointed that comparing joe/dan was pretty much a disservice to the dan character.

The GG thing is a big fat joke. The only people who really seem to like that angle are people who hated him who just want more reasons to hate him. Dan was very cold at the start of s6 and it made no sense. He was also completely insensitive in S5 as well. A big departure from who the character was for the first four seasons of the show.
dan has flaws just lik everyone does, then why is he always on the worst characters? Hes the best.

Old 01-18-2019, 11:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Well I have learned that I never agree with what fandom at large thinks. There are characters on other shows I have loved for years, that others hate. To each their own.

Dan has always been a good guy. I never really needed him to not judge the UES because imo most of them needed a good dose of it.