Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2017, 06:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysjolex (View Post)
I hated Blair's relationships with everyome that wasn't Chuck, and vice Versa. Mostly because they were the only ones that saw and accepted all sides of each other.

Actually except Blair/Nate, which I found cute in season 2 because it was kind of security for them and what they both needed at the time, especially Blair. Blair/Louis was just a badly rehashed version of season 2 NB, an absolute snooze fest, and he way WAY overstayed his welcome. And Dan/Blair is my biggest NOTP of all time and something I like to forget happened, but I know they have fans here so just my opinion!

I seesaw all the time between Dan/Serena and Serena/Nate depending on circumstances. I loved DS in season 1, they were a big part of a range of things that made that season 1 perfect. I loved how happy they boTh were. But I loved serenate too, firstly for their friendship and I enjoyed their relationship, but they didn't show Serena returning his feelings like she should've, and probably would've, but that's probably due to DS being the long term plan. Dan turned me off DS from season 5, but st the same time Serena has always loved Dan most, and vice Versa (but I didn't fully buy it from Dan in the last seasons) and Im a Serena fan so I just wanted her to be happy! I had no complaints about DS endgame, only the way they wrote it.

Didn't really like any other ships.. although I liked the Rufus/lily story in season 1.
And I did enjoy Serena/Carter on the sly got to admit there was something about Sebastian Stan in that role haha
Serena/Carter were sweet. I didn't like Aaron, Tripp, Ben, Colin, Steven etc. I love season 4 Dan. He is always there for both Blair and Serena. All the things he said about Blair in Season 5 compared to what he said to Serena.
Old 03-18-2017, 10:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

I love Sebastian but I was kinda eh about him although I did crackship him and Vanessa but that was prob based on my mutual dislike of them.

What did he say about Serena other than the fact that he was completely bitter about the Ben (deservedly so) debacle?
Old 03-18-2017, 01:50 PM
Dedicated Fan

Yeah I liked the spark they had but I think I liked them mostly because I knew carter was only going to be around temporarily, and when he came back at the end of season 3 he was really shady and jealous so that was that!

Yeah I liked dan mostly in season 4, probably up until about 4.15. I really liked him in the DS 4x10-4x12 storyline because he was really supportive and believed in her which was lovely. But in regards to Blair I don't like what he said because he only acknowledged parts of her and pretended other parts didn't exist, he said scheming wasn't who she is. Which just isn't really true lol. So even though I was actually entertained by their growing friendship, as soon as he starting talking like that It didn't work for me anymore, felt far too contrived. And then season 5 was when my opinion of him really soured. Yeah and with Serena he was unnecessarily harsh in that book in season 5, and while she lashed out at Blair in the finale (which I don't really blame her for) Dan refused to take any responsibility for them sleeping together and that Didn't sit right with me st all, when it was both of them. I just hate that whole storyline though, eugh they really screwed everyone up in that episode

But in season 4 he had every right to be bitter I agree, at least until she apologised in the finale. I hated Serena's relationships with those stupid guest stars
Old 03-18-2017, 09:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Yeah I liked the spark they had but I think I liked them mostly because I knew carter was only going to be around temporarily, and when he came back at the end of season 3 he was really shady and jealous so that was that!

Yeah I liked dan mostly in season 4, probably up until about 4.15. I really liked him in the DS 4x10-4x12 storyline because he was really supportive and believed in her which was lovely. But in regards to Blair I don't like what he said because he only acknowledged parts of her and pretended other parts didn't exist, he said scheming wasn't who she is. Which just isn't really true lol. So even though I was actually entertained by their growing friendship, as soon as he starting talking like that It didn't work for me anymore, felt far too contrived. And then season 5 was when my opinion of him really soured. Yeah and with Serena he was unnecessarily harsh in that book in season 5, and while she lashed out at Blair in the finale (which I don't really blame her for) Dan refused to take any responsibility for them sleeping together and that Didn't sit right with me st all, when it was both of them. I just hate that whole storyline though, eugh they really screwed everyone up in that episode

But in season 4 he had every right to be bitter I agree, at least until she apologised in the finale. I hated Serena's relationships with those stupid guest stars
but she never apologized in s4. i guess while i hwted how he behaved i understood and when you look at what others have done its peanuts. i just feel like his faults are exaggerated. but what urritates me is that people like to free pass others. i felt like dan was trying to make blair serena.and she ate up all that attention because i think she loved having someone's attention that was always serena's. its like she saw it as karmic payback or sonething. mostly i never believed in his feeling cause they seemed tooted in making serena suffer. as for season 6, i will never understand why he threw a git since he clearly enjoyed being with her. i just felt a lot of stuff was very plotty rather than character driven. i was so annoyed that dan and serena ridnt reunite after 412. they should have.

carter was akways hot, but he reaked of slime. i dudnt hate thd relationship tbh. he was serena's georgina.
Old 03-19-2017, 08:01 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
but she never apologized in s4. i guess while i hwted how he behaved i understood and when you look at what others have done its peanuts. i just feel like his faults are exaggerated. but what urritates me is that people like to free pass others. i felt like dan was trying to make blair serena.and she ate up all that attention because i think she loved having someone's attention that was always serena's. its like she saw it as karmic payback or sonething. mostly i never believed in his feeling cause they seemed tooted in making serena suffer. as for season 6, i will never understand why he threw a git since he clearly enjoyed being with her. i just felt a lot of stuff was very plotty rather than character driven. i was so annoyed that dan and serena ridnt reunite after 412. they should have.

carter was akways hot, but he reaked of slime. i dudnt hate thd relationship tbh. he was serena's georgina.
Yeah well she apologised to dan and Nate for messing them around and not choosing between them (which she actually did, she chose dan) but she didn't specifically for Ben. Yeah that's true, there has been people that have done worse definitely but I think what irritates me about him though, especially the last 2 seasons is that he didn't take ownership of his mistakes or suffer any real consequences for them like other characters did. For example Chuck made the most mistakes out of anyone that is undeniable, and he got a lot of hate for it which He deserved at the time, I was one of them lol. but he also suffered for them, and eventually took responsibility for the position he ended up in, and had some real growth. That's the only reason I was able to forgive his actions from season 3/4, because he didn't act like consequences were unfounded. The difference for me, is that If dan had acknowledged his actions in seasons 5&6 I would've forgiven them or at least understood them like everyone else. That's just how I see it and why Hes personally not one of my favourites, everyone's different though. I'm still happy with the endgame though!

You make an interesting point about Blair, in that she found it a sort of karmic payback. I think subconsciously she did love when she shone, especially when it was in favour of Serena. It's a real insecurity that stems right from the pilot and something I really wish they had explored better, I think it was an issue that was always underlying SB and it would've been a good character story to go into in the last season. But thing is Serena can't help that she naturally attracts attention or that people just gravitate towards her, she never asked for it! A lot of it was Blair's insecurity and I really wish they put more effort into that because I've always empathised with both of them but it was poorly done at the end.

But I totally agree with you that They shouldve just reunited in 4x12, I wanted that! It was pretty contrived to keep them apart, because Serena had just decided for good that she wanted dan and not Nate, and dan wanted to be with her, so it was really irritating that they made Serena act The way she did and sort of take him for granted. It was absolutely plot driven and that's when the show started to go downhill imo!

Last edited by Greysjolex; 03-19-2017 at 08:16 AM
Old 03-19-2017, 11:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Yeah well she apologised to dan and Nate for messing them around and not choosing between them (which she actually did, she chose dan) but she didn't specifically for Ben. Yeah that's true, there has been people that have done worse definitely but I think what irritates me about him though, especially the last 2 seasons is that he didn't take ownership of his mistakes or suffer any real consequences for them like other characters did. For example Chuck made the most mistakes out of anyone that is undeniable, and he got a lot of hate for it which He deserved at the time, I was one of them lol. but he also suffered for them, and eventually took responsibility for the position he ended up in, and had some real growth. That's the only reason I was able to forgive his actions from season 3/4, because he didn't act like consequences were unfounded. The difference for me, is that If dan had acknowledged his actions in seasons 5&6 I would've forgiven them or at least understood them like everyone else. That's just how I see it and why Hes personally not one of my favourites, everyone's different though. I'm still happy with the endgame though!

You make an interesting point about Blair, in that she found it a sort of karmic payback. I think subconsciously she did love when she shone, especially when it was in favour of Serena. It's a real insecurity that stems right from the pilot and something I really wish they had explored better, I think it was an issue that was always underlying SB and it would've been a good character story to go into in the last season. But thing is Serena can't help that she naturally attracts attention or that people just gravitate towards her, she never asked for it! A lot of it was Blair's insecurity and I really wish they put more effort into that because I've always empathised with both of them but it was poorly done at the end.

But I totally agree with you that They shouldve just reunited in 4x12, I wanted that! It was pretty contrived to keep them apart, because Serena had just decided for good that she wanted dan and not Nate, and dan wanted to be with her, so it was really irritating that they made Serena act The way she did and sort of take him for granted. It was absolutely plot driven and that's when the show started to go downhill imo!
I am not sure what you mean by not paying any consequences? He's suffered hate from day 1. Also he did acknowledge that he made mistakes to Serena, it was just way too late in the season. But every other time before that he always apologized to people even to those who didn't need apologizing too. Dan and Serena both mistakes and I don't think anything they did to each other was unforgivable and most of those who can't see past that are nonshippers or had a beef with his character. I'll take dan's s5 and 6 mistakes over the mistakes made by other characters any day. I just feel like his flaws are blown way out of proportion because ended up with Serena.

DS should have had another round in s4. If they wanted they could have broken them up in mid 5 only to bring them back in six.

I have no patience for Blair's Serena insecurities because her constantly ****shaming her bestie made me want to punch her in the throat. If any one character got the ultimate free pass it was Blair.
Old 03-19-2017, 02:38 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
I am not sure what you mean by not paying any consequences? He's suffered hate from day 1. Also he did acknowledge that he made mistakes to Serena, it was just way too late in the season. But every other time before that he always apologized to people even to those who didn't need apologizing too. Dan and Serena both mistakes and I don't think anything they did to each other was unforgivable and most of those who can't see past that are nonshippers or had a beef with his character. I'll take dan's s5 and 6 mistakes over the mistakes made by other characters any day. I just feel like his flaws are blown way out of proportion because ended up with Serena.

DS should have had another round in s4. If they wanted they could have broken them up in mid 5 only to bring them back in six.

I have no patience for Blair's Serena insecurities because her constantly ****shaming her bestie made me want to punch her in the throat. If any one character got the ultimate free pass it was Blair.
Well I was more referring to consequences in the show, I just felt that in season 5 and parts of 6, while Dan didn't do anything Really awful, his mistakes seemed to be washed over rather quickly without much fallout. I only noticed it because I liked him a lot in the first 4 seasons, but then noticed the change in him and i just didn't connect with his character as much after that. Blair was the same, and those seasons were just so plot driven that so many characters were compromised for story. I know Serena screwed up as well though, season 4 was just frustrating! But I felt so sorry for her in season 5 because they made her so alone, and she was getting hated on by a lot of fans so she naturally got my sympathy a little more. And I don't think what they did was unforgivable at all, that's why I was happy with the endgame, I just hated season 6 because they should've devoted more time to them!

Haha I agree Blair got away with a lot in the eyes of the fans. I love both of them but i noticed the bias because I found myself defending Serena a lot because some people were totally unfair to her. that's why I love seasons 1 and 2 because they wrote for BOTH girls as leads, and their relationship as well was a lot better excluding the few fights they had.

Also question for anyone, do you think if Jenny had stayed they would've put her with Nate eventually?
Old 03-19-2017, 03:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Well I was more referring to consequences in the show, I just felt that in season 5 and parts of 6, while Dan didn't do anything Really awful, his mistakes seemed to be washed over rather quickly without much fallout. I only noticed it because I liked him a lot in the first 4 seasons, but then noticed the change in him and i just didn't connect with his character as much after that. Blair was the same, and those seasons were just so plot driven that so many characters were compromised for story. I know Serena screwed up as well though, season 4 was just frustrating! But I felt so sorry for her in season 5 because they made her so alone, and she was getting hated on by a lot of fans so she naturally got my sympathy a little more. And I don't think what they did was unforgivable at all, that's why I was happy with the endgame, I just hated season 6 because they should've devoted more time to them!

Haha I agree Blair got away with a lot in the eyes of the fans. I love both of them but i noticed the bias because I found myself defending Serena a lot because some people were totally unfair to her. that's why I love seasons 1 and 2 because they wrote for BOTH girls as leads, and their relationship as well was a lot better excluding the few fights they had.

Also question for anyone, do you think if Jenny had stayed they would've put her with Nate eventually?
I def think that is where they were headed with Nate but Taylor left and then they didn't know what to do with him. I think Dan and Blair were excused a lot by the writers, but in dan's case only in the last two seasons.
Old 03-20-2017, 05:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Like some posters are saying, Dan did suffer a lot of hate, but other characters made mistakes too and they get a free pass. I do like seeing Chuck grow up, but still I just couldn't look back past season 3. I really hated all the guest stars with nate like charlie, lola, ivy, and juliette. I do love Katie Cassidy though. i didn't like colin, ben, aaron, steven either. I liked seeing Jenny and Blair friends again.
Old 03-20-2017, 08:49 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandiexjeyton (View Post)
Like some posters are saying, Dan did suffer a lot of hate, but other characters made mistakes too and they get a free pass. I do like seeing Chuck grow up, but still I just couldn't look back past season 3. I really hated all the guest stars with nate like charlie, lola, ivy, and juliette. I do love Katie Cassidy though. i didn't like colin, ben, aaron, steven either. I liked seeing Jenny and Blair friends again.
Yeah, it's true that he did, putting him as gossip girl didn't help either. I also think a lot depends on perspective too, like if you're a fan of a certain character you're definitely going to notice the hate they get the most. thats understandable, chuck really screwed up badly, and it was important that the writers put the effort into redeeming him to the level they did in season 5. That's the only PArt of season 5 I enjoyed haha. I still loved them but he did hurt her so For me it was important that they had him really acknowledge his mistakes because for a while he wasn't, but then he made a lot of selfless choices and put Blair's happiness above his own so that was enough for me, because they still loved each other.

I like Katie Cassidy too and for a while her character was interesting, but they just had far too many. Hated ivy, Lola had potential but they ruined that, all that storyline did was make BOTH her and Serena look bad
I hate all the ones you mentioned as well lol. Probably hate Ben the most, then Aaron and Steven, they were just so insufferable
Don't forget sage god imagine if he ended up with her if it wasn't for the flash forward he could've!!
Old 03-20-2017, 12:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved Dan/Blair and they are my otp, but I will always love DS and CB until season 3 and 4. NJ I wished ended together or NB or NV.
Old 03-22-2017, 12:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I hated Blair's relationships with everyome that wasn't Chuck, and vice Versa. Mostly because they were the only ones that saw and accepted all sides of each other.

Actually except Blair/Nate, which I found cute in season 2 because it was kind of security for them and what they both needed at the time, especially Blair. Blair/Louis was just a badly rehashed version of season 2 NB, an absolute snooze fest, and he way WAY overstayed his welcome. And Dan/Blair is my biggest NOTP of all time and something I like to forget happened, but I know they have fans here so just my opinion!

I seesaw all the time between Dan/Serena and Serena/Nate depending on circumstances. I loved DS in season 1, they were a big part of a range of things that made that season 1 perfect. I loved how happy they boTh were. But I loved serenate too, firstly for their friendship and I enjoyed their relationship, but they didn't show Serena returning his feelings like she should've, and probably would've, but that's probably due to DS being the long term plan. Dan turned me off DS from season 5, but st the same time Serena has always loved Dan most, and vice Versa (but I didn't fully buy it from Dan in the last seasons) and Im a Serena fan so I just wanted her to be happy! I had no complaints about DS endgame, only the way they wrote it.

Didn't really like any other ships.. although I liked the Rufus/lily story in season 1.
And I did enjoy Serena/Carter on the sly got to admit there was something about Sebastian Stan in that role haha
Yep Hate is a strong word because I only hated DB. Others were blairable at least.

I also enjoyed NS, CarterS, NJ, Rufly, DV, and a little bit DS.
Sebastian should have come back again
Old 03-22-2017, 04:39 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessismore (View Post)
Yep Hate is a strong word because I only hated DB. Others were blairable at least.

I also enjoyed NS, CarterS, NJ, Rufly, DV, and a little bit DS.
Sebastian should have come back again
Haha, I know hate is a strong word but I recently watched season 5, and I forgot how much I really just loathed Louis's presence by the end. Blair strung him along ridiculously, lol I mean seriously could she have made it ANY more obvious that she loved Chuck in the first half of that season? Who in their right mind would ignore that lol, but he was a complete doormat and was so pitiful, that by the end when he was trying to be menacing he just made me laugh, he was like some cartoon villain haha

Yes he should've!! but tbh I can't see any situation in which the writers would've come up with a satisfying story for him, seeing as they could'nt even write ones for their mains by that point
Old 03-23-2017, 12:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Haha, I know hate is a strong word but I recently watched season 5, and I forgot how much I really just loathed Louis's presence by the end. Blair strung him along ridiculously, lol I mean seriously could she have made it ANY more obvious that she loved Chuck in the first half of that season? Who in their right mind would ignore that lol, but he was a complete doormat and was so pitiful, that by the end when he was trying to be menacing he just made me laugh, he was like some cartoon villain haha

Yes he should've!! but tbh I can't see any situation in which the writers would've come up with a satisfying story for him, seeing as they could'nt even write ones for their mains by that point
as attractive as Seb is, the character was pretty flat and dull. He came across as a try-hard bad boy.
Old 03-26-2017, 10:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Whatever...

Last edited by lessismore; 03-28-2017 at 11:10 PM
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top