Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2017, 11:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

i dont mind hilary duff but i am not her biggest fan. i didnt really enjoy her guest appearance. i enjoyed DV more out of that whole storyline.
Old 02-22-2017, 10:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Even a 3some was boring.
Old 02-22-2017, 12:41 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
I loved DB a lot and I felt kind of opposite, I saw Blairs feelings for Dan and felt like he was a much better fit for her and respected her and appreciated her in ways that Chuck didnt, so it was hard for me to understand how she could lessen herself and go back to that disastrous relationship....

I mean you have good points and in the grand scheme of things, if they were going to go back to CB anyway then they shouldnt have dived into DB the way they did. The cute scenes in season 4 okay, but after they kissed maybe they BOTH realize they are just good buddies. Unfortunately they didnt go that route. I would have been totally fine with just a good friendship had they had consistent scenes but then they just dropped them completely and thats where a lot of my bitterness comes in. Not that CB ended together... even though I would have loved to see Blair end the show single as a strong independent female. Possibly even Serena too, though I do think DS was a relationship they clearly cared about so them as engame did make sense to me.
Yeah see for me, I don't deny that Blair on some level had feelings for Dan, I just think that it was never love or even really romantic emotions, more misguided feelings of gratitude and friendship. Because she had gotten herself into this space where she became so lost and she only saw herself as having him (even though she always had Serena, and chuck, but pushed them both away and didn't see them as options at that point) and I won't deny that dan loved her, I just don't think he ever really SAW all of her.. he loved all the good parts to her, he listed them once I think, intelligence beauty etc.. but That isn't all of Blair, and we didn't see him acknowledge the other sides to her - her love of scheming for example, her more grey sides.. which aren't a negative at all, it's just who she is. And when she 'found herself' again in 5x22 it was through scheming and being in control again, and it wasn't a side to her he seemed to accept. Chuck on the other hand has always accepted all of her, And yes I know he's made awful mistakes, and he let himself believe that their love could withstand anything, and I don't blame Blair for breaking up with at ALL in season 3/4. But he did grow and mature and got to a place where they could make their love work in a healthy way and to me it was the more compelling story. That's how I see it But in saying that I also have a lot of complaints About way they handled cb as well. E.g. Louis .. literally don't understand why he had to be around until 5x13

I totally get you though and understand why you were upset with that storyline not working out, I think everyone has big issues with the way things were presented in season 5, including both cb and DB fans! I also wish they had decided they worked better as friends as well, if they were always going to be temporary. I just think doing it the way they did, if they were ever going to go that route, was the MESSIEST way to do it as it hurt Serena and chuck really badly, when it might not have done so much damage had they done DB in season 4! Coming from a cb and SB fan, I wouldve understood it More if they explored them in season 4, figured out they weren't going to work in the long term as they both loved other people, and then really took the time to properly rebuild DS and CB. Because I did enjoy dan and blairs banter and enjoyed their reluctant friendship, but season 5 ruined everything I liked about that dynamic :/. I think it also woukd have avoided the nasty fan wars that the writers deliberately fueled as well!!

Didn't enjoy the Hilary duff cameo, that was the start of the endless revolving door of guest stars which usually never added anything decent to the show. The only one I really really enjoyed was Georgina but only her season 1 episodes. Season 2 was ok but after that they ruined her

Quote:
Even a 3some was boring.
Hahaha I remember them hyping it and they said it was between 3 main characters probably why it was so anti climatic and dull that two thirds was Vanessa and a guest star lol.

Last edited by Greysjolex; 02-22-2017 at 12:47 PM
Old 02-23-2017, 02:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

i think anyone could make solid arguments for either pairing tbh, its just different strokes for different folks. and blair didnt say she loved dan but she did say she found her center and to me she just seemed lighter and over all happier around him, which imo, is love... but hey, to each their own on that. I dont think we will ever agree so there isnt really a point discussing tbh.

at least we can agree that louis sucked. lol.

and when it comes down to it the writers chose to make things messy and annoying and complicated when they didnt have to. when will writers realize there is so many other issues and things they can do that dont revolved around love triangles?

Quote:
Coming from a cb and SB fan, I wouldve understood it More if they explored them in season 4, figured out they weren't going to work in the long term as they both loved other people, and then really took the time to properly rebuild DS and CB.
yeah i agree with this as well. i felt like blairs feelings for chuck in season 6 and dan's feelings for serena just felt so plopped in there after season 4/5. They really screwed themselves over by building up DB so much because they gave themselves no time to reverse it back, which is also why DB fans are so upset. i mean, if it was the reverse and they were doing CB for two entire seasons and then in the final season went back to DB, yes id be happy but at also really annoyed that they wasted time.

its kinda like on life unexpected when they cate/baze were never together and then in the finale they were a couple. like, gee thanks for waiting til the last minute to do what you could have done earlier!
Old 02-23-2017, 03:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysjolex (View Post)
Yeah see for me, I don't deny that Blair on some level had feelings for Dan, I just think that it was never love or even really romantic emotions, more misguided feelings of gratitude and friendship. Because she had gotten herself into this space where she became so lost and she only saw herself as having him (even though she always had Serena, and chuck, but pushed them both away and didn't see them as options at that point) and I won't deny that dan loved her, I just don't think he ever really SAW all of her.. he loved all the good parts to her, he listed them once I think, intelligence beauty etc.. but That isn't all of Blair, and we didn't see him acknowledge the other sides to her - her love of scheming for example, her more grey sides.. which aren't a negative at all, it's just who she is. And when she 'found herself' again in 5x22 it was through scheming and being in control again, and it wasn't a side to her he seemed to accept. Chuck on the other hand has always accepted all of her, And yes I know he's made awful mistakes, and he let himself believe that their love could withstand anything, and I don't blame Blair for breaking up with at ALL in season 3/4. But he did grow and mature and got to a place where they could make their love work in a healthy way and to me it was the more compelling story. That's how I see it But in saying that I also have a lot of complaints About way they handled cb as well. E.g. Louis .. literally don't understand why he had to be around until 5x13

I totally get you though and understand why you were upset with that storyline not working out, I think everyone has big issues with the way things were presented in season 5, including both cb and DB fans! I also wish they had decided they worked better as friends as well, if they were always going to be temporary. I just think doing it the way they did, if they were ever going to go that route, was the MESSIEST way to do it as it hurt Serena and chuck really badly, when it might not have done so much damage had they done DB in season 4! Coming from a cb and SB fan, I wouldve understood it More if they explored them in season 4, figured out they weren't going to work in the long term as they both loved other people, and then really took the time to properly rebuild DS and CB. Because I did enjoy dan and blairs banter and enjoyed their reluctant friendship, but season 5 ruined everything I liked about that dynamic :/. I think it also woukd have avoided the nasty fan wars that the writers deliberately fueled as well!!

Didn't enjoy the Hilary duff cameo, that was the start of the endless revolving door of guest stars which usually never added anything decent to the show. The only one I really really enjoyed was Georgina but only her season 1 episodes. Season 2 was ok but after that they ruined her

Hahaha I remember them hyping it and they said it was between 3 main characters probably why it was so anti climatic and dull that two thirds was Vanessa and a guest star lol.
It was expected since the third being the most boring character ever. Can you imagine it with Chuck?

For season 5, I am happy about what we got with Chuck's growth and redemption. 5x10 and the last 3 episodes are pretty enjoyable. Other than that pretty much everything sank even tho there are some great scenes in them, like the apology scene . The nonsense romance was unnecessary for me but I didn't see it as a bump for CB, instead it was for SB and DS. And Blair would of course needed a liar and a minion next to herself who enables her princess wannabe side instead of having Serena and Chuck who are & have been her truth tellers, and none of them are minions. Dan would of course fulfill the task because he has a damsel in distress aka white knight syndrome. It's shown and told evidently many times. If Blair would have been her old strong self Dan would have only dreamt to get 5 feet close to her, let along "date" her (which he forced her to). Eventually Blair used a kleenex as to quote herself. She did NOT love Dan for certain, it's been shown and told. We don't need to interpret anything. And unfortunately I don't even enjoy them as friends anymore... Thank god it was also evident that they were not even friends anymore at the end.

Last edited by lessismore; 02-23-2017 at 03:19 AM
Old 02-23-2017, 06:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

So I am on season 3. nice to see Carter again.
Old 02-23-2017, 08:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandiexjeyton (View Post)
So I am on season 3. nice to see Carter again.
Yay! Hope you're enjoying!

Big lights will inspire you
Old 02-23-2017, 02:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love Carter and Seb
Old 02-23-2017, 05:43 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
and when it comes down to it the writers chose to make things messy and annoying and complicated when they didnt have to. when will writers realize there is so many other issues and things they can do that dont revolved around love triangles?
This is my biggest problem with the show, that they chose to do that when it wasn't necessary. It became plot driven instead of character driven, and whilst seasons 1 and 2 were very plot heavy with lots going on, they didn't sacrifice characterisation to do it. In fact, the shocking twists in storylines (Georgina season 1) actually allowed better insights into characters and progressed them. However the writing later on just became so horrendous that they couldn't do both so they threw their characters under the bus and that was infuriating and unbearable to watch.

Quote:
yeah i agree with this as well. i felt like blairs feelings for chuck in season 6 and dan's feelings for serena just felt so plopped in there after season 4/5. They really screwed themselves over by building up DB so much because they gave themselves no time to reverse it back, which is also why DB fans are so upset. i mean, if it was the reverse and they were doing CB for two entire seasons and then in the final season went back to DB, yes id be happy but at also really annoyed that they wasted time.

its kinda like on life unexpected when they cate/baze were never together and then in the finale they were a couple. like, gee thanks for waiting til the last minute to do what you could have done earlier!
Yeah mostly agreed although to be fair, chuck and Blair's story never stopped, except for about 3 episodes from 5x18-5x21. And Blair didn't stop loving Chuck, she was trying to run away from/deny her feelings for him and instead threw herself into trying things with dan during that short period. Dan and Blair did get built over 2 seasons, but CB's story was still playing out at the same time, especially mid season 5 with the accident and ridiculous pact with god storyline. I think people just choose to focus on whatever they like more, but CB were definitely always in play. But agreed they shouldn't have gone there for that long as it pissed off both fan bases for different reasons. DS on the other hand weren't always a focus, On dans part at least, I felt pretty awful and a lot of pity for Serena in season 5.. first with his rejection of her 'you were the love of my life' statement, then his total indifference towards her.. that must have been very painful, especially as she loved him that entire season. So DS really did Need a LOT more time.

lol I watched that show! The first season or so at least I think I got a bit bored haha but good to know they ended up together LOL think that was one of the reasons I got bored!

Quote:
For season 5, I am happy about what we got with Chuck's growth and redemption. 5x10 and the last 3 episodes are pretty enjoyable. Other than that pretty much everything sank even tho there are some great scenes in them, like the apology scene . The nonsense romance was unnecessary for me but I didn't see it as a bump for CB, instead it was for SB and DS. And Blair would of course needed a liar and a minion next to herself who enables her princess wannabe side instead of having Serena and Chuck who are & have been her truth tellers, and none of them are minions. Dan would of course fulfill the task because he has a damsel in distress aka white knight syndrome. It's shown and told evidently many times. If Blair would have been her old strong self Dan would have only dreamt to get 5 feet close to her, let along "date" her (which he forced her to). Eventually Blair used a kleenex as to quote herself. She did NOT love Dan for certain, it's been shown and told. We don't need to interpret anything. And unfortunately I don't even enjoy them as friends anymore... Thank god it was also evident that they were not even friends anymore at the end.
The apology scene was beautiful I agree that it was a big bump for SB, one that I wish they hadn't had haha. And definitely, I think it's been quite an obvious pattern in the show (2x19 comes to mind) that Serena and chuck always force Blair to come back to reality. They don't let her dive into her fairytale delusions for too long, and she knows it, which is why she pushes them away. It's one of my absolute favourite things about those 3, they know each other so incredibly well. Lol it always makes me laugh in 1x13 when S is trying to get B to take a test and she's going into total bitch mode, then serenas like Blair no ones watching the movie in your head except you and then Blair's face LOL. They're the best!

Carter is such a fun character I'm so pissed they turned him into such a jealous loser at the end of season 3
Old 02-24-2017, 01:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

I do agree that the CB storyline never stopped, that is true, but it doesnt take away from the fact that they really did build DB for a long time. Which was just unnecessary on their end if they weren't going to make it last. At least with NS they kinda got that over and done with quick. Same for NV and all the other non endgame pairings.

Carter was so great in seasons 2/3. I really missed him once he left. i felt his SL with Serena was unfinished.

Literally every character in my eyes was at some point.

I hated Serena/Blair as friends, i think they are one of the worst written friendships on a show....
Old 02-24-2017, 12:23 PM
Dedicated Fan

Yeah I agree they dragged it out, which obviously for me, was very painful and 90% of the reason I hated season 5. and NS were quick, too quick imo, they deserved a lot more effort than what they got, it was so rushed. I guess part of it was to emphasise that Serena was always going to love dan, which again is why I don't understand how they let DS get SO screwed up. I hated, hated when they started using season 4 to stick Serena with useless guest stars who were AWFUL, chuck too actually, but then they followed it with dan treating her like crap the next season. I still rooted for them halfway into season 4, thought they had really sweet moments and the chemistry was still there, but they started butchering serenas character and isolating her in stupid storylines and that really pissed me off.

It was unfinished, and if they had been more creative they could have had him return in season 4 instead of boring Ben. It wouldve been nice to get some proper closure with them, they actually had quite a bit of support as a couple. I saw the appeal and did enjoy them briefly but I think she did love both dan and nate more.

Yeah I'm the opposite about SB, theyre probably my favourite part of the show. Obvs I don't like what they did to them towards the end, but I loved them in seasons 1-4. They came across as so real, and different to others e.g. Brooke and Peyton who I was always meh about. I actually liked their early fights because you could always see where both of them were coming from, and even if they were in an arguement they would be there in a second if they needed eacother. I think because they knew each other forever their relationship was always more familial, and they pretty much were for each other what their mothers weren't -I think that made their friendship far more inviolable. I really loved that about them. and the NJBC!. Because honestly I mean in reality you probably wouldn't still be friends with someone after all that lol, but I saw their bond as stronger than that, unique, and I thought it was one of the biggest strengths of the show.
Old 02-25-2017, 07:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
It became plot driven instead of character driven
Not even good plot. The problem with the show is that they lost their centre and started to write for online fan girls. I hated what they did cause I felt betrayed as a DS fan. They could have done a flirtation but they took it too far and to top it off they had Blair treat Dan so badly that it was hard to understand why he was into her. One of the reasons, I didn't leave the show is that I knew they weren't over despite the build up for DB because they kept having Serena show her feelings and Dan but in a sort of messy negative way. But, then again I've realized I like my couples messy. Dan was far too angry at Serena for me to ever believe he fell out of love with her. I know people dismiss season four but after all the times he'd been there for her, she was straight up cruel to him. I never thought those feelings ever really died cause he was incapable of being indifferent to her. I never understood the purpose of that mean article in s6. It just seemed silly and they should have just focused on the positive article he wrote (although I didn't think it was really that mean but just straight up. He was pretty much spot on about her). But, I've never thought loving someone was just about loving their good parts but the negative. I always felt like there was this attitude that Dan just had to be "perfect" to the girl whether it was Blair or Serena and that was never who he was. He was a messy, neurotic boy from Brooklyn who fell in love with the girl on the otherside of the bridge. As for DB, I am never going to agree with DB fans. I care primarily for Dan in that duo so it was not something I could enjoy because of how Blair treated him.

Last edited by ds44; 02-25-2017 at 07:21 PM
Old 02-26-2017, 05:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think DS had a decent storyline through season 4 as well, but once the DB thing started they just destroyed them. I still shipped them because I loved them so much in season 1 and because I love Dan and want his happiness but it wasnt the same. The magic was gone, and i think part of that had to do with the break up with penn and blake.

Quote:
and NS were quick, too quick imo, they deserved a lot more effort than what they got, it was so rushed.
I am glad because I was not really a fan of that relationship at all, so I am glad it was rushed and over fairly fast, but I do agree that it could have used more development. They should have started hinting at it at the start of season 3 and then gotten rid of the whole Tripp SL. And then they could have still been dating into season 4 and broken up at the end of that season or something. But again, im glad it didnt happen that way. lol.

i loved Brooke/Peyton and felt they were far more genuine than SB. SB seemed to always secretly hate one another and I never really understood why Serena put up with Blair's awfulness towards her. Like, blair had every right to be jealous of Serena and get annoyed with her, but most of the time I felt like Serena was pretty understanding of Blair and pretty nice toward her, and I didnt feel that way from Blair's end. Blair was so mean to her a lot of the time.

And NJBC was nothing to me, they had like 4 scenes together lol. It was something was mentioned once and blown like way out of proportion.

The Dan/Nate friendship was one my favorites. I also loved the jenny/blair back and forth. Nate/Serena/Blair as friends was really cute and Nate/Chuck were cute too but I didnt like anything else much.

Shu from what i remember you supported DB when it was happening...
Old 02-26-2017, 05:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
I think DS had a decent storyline through season 4 as well, but once the DB thing started they just destroyed them. I still shipped them because I loved them so much in season 1 and because I love Dan and want his happiness but it wasnt the same. The magic was gone, and i think part of that had to do with the break up with penn and blake.

I am glad because I was not really a fan of that relationship at all, so I am glad it was rushed and over fairly fast, but I do agree that it could have used more development. They should have started hinting at it at the start of season 3 and then gotten rid of the whole Tripp SL. And then they could have still been dating into season 4 and broken up at the end of that season or something. But again, im glad it didnt happen that way. lol.

i loved Brooke/Peyton and felt they were far more genuine than SB. SB seemed to always secretly hate one another and I never really understood why Serena put up with Blair's awfulness towards her. Like, blair had every right to be jealous of Serena and get annoyed with her, but most of the time I felt like Serena was pretty understanding of Blair and pretty nice toward her, and I didnt feel that way from Blair's end. Blair was so mean to her a lot of the time.

And NJBC was nothing to me, they had like 4 scenes together lol. It was something was mentioned once and blown like way out of proportion.

The Dan/Nate friendship was one my favorites. I also loved the jenny/blair back and forth. Nate/Serena/Blair as friends was really cute and Nate/Chuck were cute too but I didnt like anything else much.

Shu from what i remember you supported DB when it was happening...
I liked S4 DB. I thought they were cute and didn't mind them at all. I mostly supported Dan and thought some of the arguments against Dan/DB were dumb as hell. It was painful for me cause I've always been about Dan, Serena, and Dan and Serena. But, DB in S4 was probably one of the few times I truly enjoyed Blair. SEason five was so hard to watch in terms of DB. I felt Dan wasn't really himself and that Blair took advantage of him. I was not hear for the pining mess that was DB. I also thought he took his anger with Serena too far. I didn't mind it so much in S6 because its not like he said stuff that was untrue.

Serena is one of the worst friendships on tv ever. Blair was horrible to Serena and while S made mistakes she was raked over the coals by Blair and unfairly. How is it her fault that people notice her and not Blair? That's Blair's issues and her having to suffer for it is the hight of BS. I never felt Blair in that friendship cause she was either blaming Serena for stuff that was not her fault and Blair's own insecurities or ****shaming her. The only time I felt Blair had a right to be mad was her sleeping with Nate. The only way I could put up with them was to view Blair more as the insecure and jealous little sister.

I do agree the reason they prob wrote some of the stuff they did for so long was to keep PB apart which I hate, but weirdly their chem was still there---issues or not--this is why I hate when my pairings date irl.

Last edited by ds44; 02-26-2017 at 06:05 PM
Old 02-26-2017, 11:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

yeah it sucks. i think that they were still friends at least but it probably was part of the reason the writers had them apart. I was okay with the DS storyline, I just wish they had gotten a bit better build up in season 5/6. I would have much rather they built towards then then take things with DB as far as they had if they were just going to ruin them anyways.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top