Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2017, 06:21 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessismore (View Post)

Are you guys excited for her new show? Making History airs on 5 March!
I am. I've missed seeing her on a weekly basis but apparently there are only 9 episodes
Old 02-16-2017, 07:03 AM
Moderator Support Team

That's awesome her new show is starting soon!

I do agree that the blonde hair doesn't look as good on her as dark brown. She's still gorgeous either way though!
Old 02-16-2017, 08:23 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzybug57 (View Post)
That's awesome her new show is starting soon!

I do agree that the blonde hair doesn't look as good on her as dark brown. She's still gorgeous either way though!
I think I'm just not used to seeing her with the other colour you know?
Old 02-16-2017, 02:53 PM
Dedicated Fan

I think she looks really good in the pics of her at the globes party, with the long hair, but I really prefer her dark brunette.

She looks so good here, one of her best looks, dark hair and girl can really pull off a red lip!!!

And if I had to pick a fave Blair Waldorf outfit of ALL time, would defo be this one and I just loooove her curls too

She's so stunning haha if there's one thing this cast was, it was genetically blessed

Also sorry those pics are so big I couldn't find smaller ones haha

Last edited by Greysjolex; 02-16-2017 at 03:02 PM
Greysjolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 09:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

that second picture

I just remember her hair in the pilot and she looked SO GOOD with the dark brown. like, that really dark color just suits her imo. much better than even the lighter brown.

i will say it did look cute with just a few highlights though:

her face just glows more when its dark and her dark eyes and thin brows fit brown better.

shes so pretty!

Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 07:12 AM
Moderator Support Team

Thanks for sharing the pics of her throughout the years with the different hairstyles.

I like the dark brown the best, but the highlights are pretty too. She has a gorgeous face; so, it's nice when her hair really compliments it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie Mae (View Post)
I think I'm just not used to seeing her with the other colour you know?
That could be it-that we're just not used to her with lighter hair.
Old 02-17-2017, 08:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysjolex (View Post)
lol I'd be stopping there and living in my s1&2 bubble forever
ugh to NS though. I never bought them as more than friends. Team Endgame all the way. I loved Serena/Carter though, not so much DV as more than friends. Sorry not into trifecta.
Old 02-17-2017, 03:45 PM
Dedicated Fan

Yeah I totally agree, oh yeah she looked SO GOOD in the pilot too!! She really is so beautiful, I truly think they got the most BEAUTIFUL brunette and blonde actresses out there for this show it adds to the whole upper east side elite intimidation, when S and B not only have the insanely amazing clothes, but are SO insanely gorgeous!! Can't fault the Casting department haha

Quote:
ugh to NS though. I never bought them as more than friends. Team Endgame all the way. I loved Serena/Carter though, not so much DV as more than friends. Sorry not into trifecta.
Haha fair enough!! I've said it in a few threads, but I did like team endgame, and I loved DS in season 1 along with everyone else. But I really struggle to get past the way dan treated her in season 5 and especially 6, the whole horrible article thing was very hard to overlook and then accept them as endgame 2 episodes later. If they had done a longer season DS is definitely one of the things that desperately needed more time. And NS I saw so much potential as it was my view that Serena never let herself love him as much as she could due to Blair, and I really enjoyed them in season 3. But I go back and forth between them and DS for such different reasons all the time
Old 02-18-2017, 06:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysjolex (View Post)
Yeah I totally agree, oh yeah she looked SO GOOD in the pilot too!! She really is so beautiful, I truly think they got the most BEAUTIFUL brunette and blonde actresses out there for this show it adds to the whole upper east side elite intimidation, when S and B not only have the insanely amazing clothes, but are SO insanely gorgeous!! Can't fault the Casting department haha

Haha fair enough!! I've said it in a few threads, but I did like team endgame, and I loved DS in season 1 along with everyone else. But I really struggle to get past the way dan treated her in season 5 and especially 6, the whole horrible article thing was very hard to overlook and then accept them as endgame 2 episodes later. If they had done a longer season DS is definitely one of the things that desperately needed more time. And NS I saw so much potential as it was my view that Serena never let herself love him as much as she could due to Blair, and I really enjoyed them in season 3. But I go back and forth between them and DS for such different reasons all the time
I loved NJ. They never got a chance. Nate was always there for her. Yes they did change Jenny a lot, but she always loved Nate. At least I think so. She even said it in season 3 to him. NS I liked the buildup of more, as someone else stated. and yes Dan did treat Serena well not great, thats why I started loving DB more. I couldn't look past CB and the hotel incident. They were my favorite couple though until that even though I started seeing more DB.
Old 02-18-2017, 02:19 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
New Girl

Aww

Last edited by lessismore; 02-18-2017 at 03:44 PM
lessismore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 12:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

NS just didnt work for me at all. The first time i read the books I preferred them to NB but re-reading them now I am actually enjoying NB a bit more. Their whole "love" story was just a little too cliche for me and in the prequel Serena was totally playing games with him. Blair at least went after what she wanted.

As for the show i did enjoy the idea of them in season 1 but Serena really didnt seem to have much interest in Nate at all, so it was hard to get behind. Then when it finally happened, it just felt so rushed to me. They had only interacted in a few episodes before "feelings" were back and even then Serena ditched Nate for Tripp. And then the whole time she was with Nate it was like a big sex fest, it just didnt seem to have a lot of real feelings involved. They weren't honest with each other and then she still seemed to have feelings for Dan. It was always tainted to me. Nate was boring but he definitely deserved better. And even though NJ were sort of messed up because of how crazy Jenny was at times, at least she really genuinely wanted to be with him the majority of the time.

AS for NB they sucked in season 1, no doubt! I hated them at first, but in season 2 i found their friendship sweet. They were rushed as well but it felt a bit organic to me... maybe because of the chemistry i saw personally between chace and leighton.

Quote:
But I really struggle to get past the way dan treated her in season 5 and especially 6, the whole horrible article thing was very hard to overlook and then accept them as endgame 2 episodes later. If they had done a longer season DS is definitely one of the things that desperately needed more time.
I loved DS SO MUCH in season 1, then my love lessened a bit with all the drama in the next few seasons, but they really hurt each other in the later seasons and then Dan's feelings for Blair just seemed so strong in seasons 4/5 that it was really hard for me to overlook everything for the final season. I still had a soft spot for DS so I could accept them and be happy with them as endgame, BUT it was really hard to look past all the DB stuff that they built up and then on top of that, the way they wrote Dan at the end there.

Quote:
I couldn't look past CB and the hotel incident. They were my favorite couple though until that even though I started seeing more DB.
CB season 1 is still classic and amazing. I loved them so much and my love for them got so strong in season 2 as well, they were really being written well back then and Chuck had a lot of potential. Somewhere in season 3 I just started losing interest but I didnt hate them, I still shipped them, even through season 4 I liked them. But the hotel stuff was strike one, the second was the glass cutting, and by that point I had loved how they were writing DB so I started to dislike CB more and more. By the final season I couldnt really tolerate Chuck much because I just felt he got worse and worse and no growth every really stuck. I LOVE to see polarizing characters grow and develop, but they didnt give that to Chuck imo as much as they could have, I felt like they reverted back 20 steps everytime they made progress so it was just too hard for me to support him with Blair. I feel the same way i did with NS, that Blair deserved so much more than Chuck and while I do believe Chuck loved her a lot, I also felt like her and Dan were so compatable and Dan truly seemed to really love her as well. Maybe it was the way Penn was playing it or maybe it was the writing but they just took the DB thing too far if they weren't planning to really go anywhere with it. I wish they had just kept it a friendship sometimes but I would have been okay with the ending the way it was if they had kept DB friends in season 6, but they really just destroyed them and never fixed it, which was a shame.
Old 02-19-2017, 02:26 AM
Dedicated Fan

I could definitely see hints imo of lingering NS feelings early on in season 1 from Serena but she pushed them away because of Blair, and then she really fell in love with Dan. and I definitely agree they were rushed in season 3, which I hsve issues about because I think they deserved more than that, they didn't give us much perspective on serenas feelings. I wished they had just skipped the stupid Tripp storyline and just had NS build up instead. There were moments I enjoyed like her telling him about her dad, but she did hold back on him too. And then there was Dan who she always had feelings for, so it wasn't a surprise that DS were endgame.

Quote:
I loved DS SO MUCH in season 1, then my love lessened a bit with all the drama in the next few seasons, but they really hurt each other in the later seasons and then Dan's feelings for Blair just seemed so strong in seasons 4/5 that it was really hard for me to overlook everything for the final season. I still had a soft spot for DS so I could accept them and be happy with them as endgame, BUT it was really hard to look past all the DB stuff that they built up and then on top of that, the way they wrote Dan at the end there
I agree with you and feel the same - they did really hurt each other, in my opinion Dan more so than Serena, and it was really hard to look past. That's why they really needed at LEAST all of season 6 to repair them and get them to a place where it was believable that they could work it out, but whilst I believe Serena never stopped loving him (the Steven nonsense aside) it was Dan i found hard to buy. But I don't have issues with the endgame because I loved them so much in season 1, and in shows like these, the more drama and torture they inflict on a pairing, the more Important they are to the show so it was just the way gossip girl rolled unfortunately lol.

And the chuck/ DB stuff is where we differ, because I think that they put chuck through hell in season 4, they really did, and I don't think any CB fan would deny that haha. But in season 5, he went through a lot of growth in the sense that he did let Blair go with Louis even though he was still in love with her. He got some therapy and finally apologised to her, and returned his ring. It was only after she expressed her love and wanted to be with him again, and then left him in a coma with no explanation that he tried to bring her back to reality and understand why she was contradicting what she said right before the accident. Even at the wedding when she married another man in front of him he didn't intervene because he just wanted her to be happy, but she was giving him such mixed signals that I can understand why he was so confused and anguished about it. Season 5 Blair is something I just can't understand no matter how I try, and I think we'll disagree on her because in my opinion, she was acting extremely out of character for at least half of that season. And I feel like the writers tried to argue the compatibility angle for DB but I just never bought it. I did enjoy their frenemy banter, but as soon as they put them together, every ounce of snark and wit that I enjoyed from their interactions throughout the whole show disappeared, and they became almost horrifically cheesy and saccharine, I just couldn't even watch it. And there was the Serena aspect as well.. Season 5 took away the part of Blair that I always loved so much about her character, the fierce loyalty, and I just don't think Blair would ever do that to Serena. There were ways they could have made it less hurtful, like not had her try and get DS together in the valentines episode when she knew Serena still loved him, and not have Serena experience so much loss in other aspects of her life. But they did, and for that reason (among others) DB were just a no go on all levels to me. For me SB were the heart of the show and they took a massive blow in season 5, I'm just glad they worked it out in the end.
Old 02-19-2017, 06:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

I loved DB a lot and I felt kind of opposite, I saw Blairs feelings for Dan and felt like he was a much better fit for her and respected her and appreciated her in ways that Chuck didnt, so it was hard for me to understand how she could lessen herself and go back to that disastrous relationship....

I mean you have good points and in the grand scheme of things, if they were going to go back to CB anyway then they shouldnt have dived into DB the way they did. The cute scenes in season 4 okay, but after they kissed maybe they BOTH realize they are just good buddies. Unfortunately they didnt go that route. I would have been totally fine with just a good friendship had they had consistent scenes but then they just dropped them completely and thats where a lot of my bitterness comes in. Not that CB ended together... even though I would have loved to see Blair end the show single as a strong independent female. Possibly even Serena too, though I do think DS was a relationship they clearly cared about so them as engame did make sense to me.
Old 02-21-2017, 04:20 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
New Girl

Blair found herself with Chuck and NJBC (5x22) Wish we could have NJBC babies at the end
Old 02-21-2017, 12:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I am rewatching season 3. I don't like the dan/olivia/vanessa thing, but I love her hair and I love Hilary Duff.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top