Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2016, 11:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

this is my favorite quote from the actors...

this gem is by Leighton Meester herself

Quote:
"I hope that young women aren't looking at this [Chuck and Blair] and thinking 'I should model my relationships after this' because there was some domestic violence in there."

Read more at ONTD: http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com...#ixzz4LTsq8b6w
The actor bashing her own ship shoots the irrelevant opinion of the author out of the water

going through my dash i saw this too.

Last edited by Alexa; 09-27-2016 at 11:11 AM
Old 09-28-2016, 01:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh and millions of fans around the world stopped loving CB suddenly (NOT!)

Well in reality no1curr but the hateful people in ONTD which you gave link to. If you think you've won something by Leighton stating that CB are not a model relationship then enjoy. Which I also agree btw. But also again I have to remind you the fact that she stated in the same interview that she also found them sexy. So it must be that Leighton finds a "horrible" fictional couple sexy too No need to choose from people's words that what suits to you unless you have no point otherwise...

IDK if I need to remind you of the all quotes and times during the course of the show of her saying so many nice things about CB & not that appalling things about DB as well? You want a list or something? She even gushed more about LB for Pete's sake, what are you even gushing about?

And the fact still remains that Cecily the author of the Gossip Girl books who you bashed, made CB a couple in the books after the show!CB happened. She wrote a different Chuck in a relationship with Blair, the way it resemblanced CB's season 3 early "married" couple life. Did she care about DB? As I recall they are NOT even friends in the books. BTW I post unedited facts here unlike you.

Here Leighton's thought about Blair's ending:

Here is the whole interview with Leighton you referenced. UNCUTTED. I love the way fans gush about CB

https://soundcloud.com/paris-in-the-...ce-bass-121214

And seriously check your facts outside of ONTD once in a while.

Last edited by lessismore; 09-28-2016 at 01:13 AM
Old 09-28-2016, 08:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don't think uncutted is a word. Also of course Leighton is gonna say she's happy with how the show ended up (nothing about CB as a pairing BTW) because shes not gonna be rude about the show that made her a star.

And BTW you bashed dan/blair first, so what do you expect, honestly? So you can post negative tweets about DB and its all fine and dandy yet I can't post negative tweets about CB? Or better yet, you go to a moderator to complain about someone posting something POSITIVE for DB.

NEWS FLASH, THIS IS NOT THE CB THREAD!!!! There are 3 CB threads you can gush about them in, this is a freaking GENERAL thread, when are you gonna realize that?

I honestly could care less what the actors/writers/fans like, this to me is why i cant stand and never will stand CB:

this is fact, based on the show. So yeah. Thats the only "Fact" that matters to me.

Last edited by Alexa; 09-28-2016 at 11:07 PM
Old 09-29-2016, 12:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Beforehand I'd like to apologize to other posters and to mods for writing this long post and having to respond again. I know I am wasting my breath and time, and I really try my best to ignore baiting most of the time but as I said there are just some things that I feel compelled to respond to.

1. First look at your posts, how you write and respond and then mines for the love of god...

Bashing real people, posters? Also mocking NON-native English speakers is ok with you, because...? God forbid if you couldn't understand a word of what I am saying... This is a pattern for DB fans unfortunately. Me and my friends have been ABUSED and bashed by DB fans FOR YEARS now. And it still continues just because we don't have the same likes about a fictional couple and fictional characters? Does that sound "healthy" to you? I am saying this for your sake actually. Hate towards Serena and Chuck eats you people. And you base your shipper view over hate. Then you act like Chuck fans are below you. Enough already...

There are many characters that I love who did worse things than Chuck, Blair or Dan ever did, who btw didn't even get a growth SL, a redemption like Chuck. So what??? So what makes you better than me that you try to make shipping DB (which is one of the unhealthiest couples ever written imo) a moral compass every time? Just simply: like what you like, hate what you hate. No one says anything about that. Just DON'T BASH! Bashing is different from hating. As a native speaker you don't seem to know the difference. I give you an example: I hate DB and Dan. See?

2. I did not complain about you or other DB fans posting about DB here. You were turning a general thread to a couple appreciation thread which we all accepted NOT to. And I absolutely did not do anything behind your backs, I said it openly. It's not like I went to a thread which you could not possibly notice that I was talking/complaining about you. Oh wait, that's something only you would do and you actually did.

You were doing what you accused me of doing while I was/am just posting here GG news which happened to be about the couple and characters I love and that's NOT my problem because you know why? They are the iconic ones that people still love and talk about. You just cannot accept the fact that people don't have that selective memory of yours about the show but they actually do see it as a whole, did watch it as a whole and they like what you hate. When are YOU gonna learn?

3. So in your opinion Leighton just now came to "her senses" and does not appreciate the show, the character and the couple that made her a star while she is still mostly known and talked by the show, the character, and the couple that made her a star? Hmm makes sense, only to you. I think your problem is selectivity again. Not to remind you that she did promotions with Ed AFTER the show ended. She didn't mind it then I guess. She was still posting about their ELLE Korea shoot and CB's ending on FB AFTER the show ended. Ahh look at that now she cares about it because she's known as, wait... no other than Blair Waldorf Bass. And I was just pointing that out before too. Ed only said he enjoyed the ride, so what? Leighton CHOSE to say she was happy with Blair's ending. And we ALL know how she ended up without even uttering CB. I guess you are the expert on what Leighton really thinks and when she's being honest and when she's not since you are a close friend or something? Oh wait you know what? Still today her "real" closest friends tag her with Chuck and Blair & Ed and Leighton hashtags when they post about her. So I guess she is NOT that much of a hater as you think she is

4. The only facts that matter to you are the only facts your selective memory are stuck on, which are actually true for almost every other character in GG. Especially Dan. I am curious if you were aware that you were watching a world almost everyone betrayed everyone in the worst ways? But wait your selective memory also must be telling you that Dan was a unicorn who puked rainbows from his mouth.

By reminding you that he was Gossip Girl - during DB as well- I already win this competition you think we are in. But not surprisingly you don't accept that fact.

Let's see how much "the only facts that matter to you" actually matter (not to mention they are hardly patterns but just instances in a specific context given and all amended afterwards by Chuck. You can't say the same for Dan tho...) :
4a. Jealousy:
  • So Blair was NOT jealous of Chuck? She did not ruin his relationship with his girlfriend too by blaming her into something she did not do and lying, manipulating, etc? 4x4.
  • Wasn't Chuck the one who actually paid Blair's dowry, anonymously, for her to be able to freely choose whom to be with? Even if he was Dan? And wasn't Dan the one who was jealous, ran after her to badmouth Chuck, once again? 5x19.
  • Wasn't Dan the one who stalked her when she was with Chuck, didn't trust her and lied to her? 5x22.

4b. Humiliation (Criticizing/Yelling):
  • Come on, Blair humiliated (criticized, yelled) everyone countless of times... I don't even have to give any examples. She was a bully nonetheless.
  • Wasn't Blair the one who actually used/sold Chuck for a speech and betrayed his trust the first? 3x6. didn't she try to man whore Nate many times?
  • Wasn't Blair the one who actually humiliated and criticized Dan before their relationship countless of times? In 5x14 she actually humiliates him when he was trying to help her. And even during their relationship? She did humiliate him in the casual gathering in 5x21. But you actually think she really cared for Dan more than a safe net. Ok.
  • Wasn't Dan the one who humiliated Blair in 3x2, 4x7, 4x14, 5x3, 5x8, 5x13, 5x24, 6x5, 6x6? Wasn't he the one who criticized everyone constantly anyway? And with Blair he constantly criticized her not changing. He yelled to her at her baby shower 5x8, crashing it drunken nonetheless, then supposedly while trying to be her friend in 5x14 (which I actually liked him getting a backbone for once btw).
  • Wasn't Dan the one who wrote the bad chapter and humiliated Serena when she was the only one who actually wanted him in her world? 6x8.

4c/4d. Controlling/Manipulating:
  • Oh wait Dan wasn't the passive aggressive manipulator in Season 5. We watched a different show. He also didn't isolate Blair, badmouthed her and her friends, didn't care about her relationship with them, lied about them just to get what he wants. He also didn't almost ruin her engagement, and didn't ruin her marriage at all and blame it to others. When she started to find herself with her real friends Dan lost his mind. Now how that's not controlling? Hah.
  • Chuck wasn't the one who tried to save all of those relationships anonymously while not having a single gain from them right? Nah you are wrong. Besides Chuck never isolated Blair from her friends. HUGE red flag for Dan for being an abuser.

4e. Treating badly: Oh there are countless of times that Chuck treated Blair spectacularly which you are blind to. During their relationship, before, after, etc. Encouraging her, supporting her, loving her, helping her unconditionally & anonymously so many times, meaning not even waiting any credit at all. But if I start to count them I would need days.
  • Blair was a bully. Period. I don't even have the count of how many times she acted terribly towards people including Chuck.
  • She friggin left him at the hospital, just after she promised not to leave him again. Made promises. And she did not give him any explanation. I mean who does that? Not a healthy person I guess, definitely not someone who lost her mind and made a pack with god (Need I remind you actually Dan enabled her crazy a**? )
  • So the times Blair acted Dan badly, uhm... during their whole relationship and so called friendship would be enough for you? Nope?
  • If the aforementioned times are not enough for you I can add more. Let me know lol. Oh wait Dan actually cheated Blair with her best friend whom he deliberately ruined their relationship, I had to add this one for my further marks.

4f. Blaming:
  • Dan never ever accepted his responsibility on the things he had done. He didn't accept the responsibility for his choice to CHEAT on Blair with her BFF but blamed her instead. He also blamed Serena for his own bad behavior. I mean are you even kidding me?
  • Blair blamed him in 5x14, 6x6.

4g. Being possessive:
  • Blair was also very possessive of Chuck. Lets not kid us here. Do you even need an example? And I think she liked being possessed by Chuck "3 words 8 letters Say it I am yours". So what's your point here?
  • And Dan was not possessive of Blair, I guess that's why he felt the need to isolate her, and lie about Chuck, Louis, Serena and tried to be her one and only savior? Oh K...
  • But you know what? Blair was actually not possessive, neither jealous of Dan. She hardly cared. I guess she might have not wanted him that much. Now that's the fact of facts.

4h. "Rages":
  • OK Once again, you have ONE example of Chuck behaving that way. That's hardly a pattern to call him an abuser. Plus they had Chuck endure the same things he went through that lead to his bad behavior in S5 and he acted differently. In 5x17 Blair rejects him and he responds in a mature way. He has crazy family problems and responds in a healthy way, etc.
  • Dan however raged in books and chapters. Good for him... I already counted him yelling, blaming, etc. Meah.

Moreover I didn't even count the half of the things Dan did to Blair, Serena and Vanessa, especially when he was rejected. And I don't even feel the need to.
Oh and none of the DBers called a real helpline about abusive relationships and told what you posted here, acting like all of that did not happen in a TV show and just selected those very instants to tell and disregarded everything else, just to prove a point. Oh wait, they actually did that yeah. And they continued to abuse real people afterwards. How about this fact?

Result: Poor Chuck and Dan in abusive relationships

Last edited by lessismore; 09-29-2016 at 01:42 PM
Old 09-29-2016, 07:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ladies-please don't respond to each other if the only responses you are able to make are negative and instigating additional animosity and arguments. It makes it uncomfortable and alienates other posters.

The Golden Rule applies at If you have nothing nice to say to say, please don't say anything at all.

If this continues anymore, Millie and i will be left with no other choice than to escalate this.

Big lights will inspire you
Old 09-29-2016, 07:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

My point has been made completely.

I pmed my response but i guarantee you wont respond, which is probably for the best.

Last edited by Alexa; 09-29-2016 at 08:08 PM
Old 09-30-2016, 06:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Let me share something: I really love Dan and I don't care what other think or say about him anymore. I love both DB and DS.
Old 09-30-2016, 03:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The problem here is/was definitely NOT about what we love/like-dislike/hate and not being on the same page. But thanks for sharing

Kudos to Sam but this news actually made me laugh so much I mean I'd thought he is known more for his other works than GG So cute tho
Gossip Girl's Sam Page Is a Dad! Actor Welcomes First Child With His Wife Cassidy | E! News
Old 10-01-2016, 08:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The issues on the thread have been dealt with. Everyone please return to discussing the show.

Old 10-01-2016, 02:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzybug57 (View Post)
The issues on the thread have been dealt with. Everyone please return to discussing the show.
So you think so.

Blake Lively & Ryan Reynolds Are Now Parents of 2: How They're Still Holding Out for Privacy for Their Babies | E! News

Blake
Old 10-02-2016, 07:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for sharing!

i saw the announcement about kid number two. I'm so happy for them and think it's great they are wanting to bring privacy to their kids.

Old 10-02-2016, 12:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

book vs show

Old 10-02-2016, 08:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for all of the tweets! Blake is such a cute pregnant lady! Her fashion is just killer.

Old 10-03-2016, 07:48 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzybug57 (View Post)
Thanks for all of the tweets! Blake is such a cute pregnant lady! Her fashion is just killer.
Very Serena
Old 10-04-2016, 06:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^So true! Such a fashionista!

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top