Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2015, 07:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Gossip Girl #5 - "Have a little faith, and if that doesn't work, have a lot of mimosas."

Welcome to the Gossip Girl thread

Because even though the show is over, we're still here.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Main Cast

|Blair Waldorf/Leighton Meester
|Chuck Bass/Ed Westwick
|Dan Humphrey/Penn Badgley
|Eric Van der Woodsen/Connor Paolo
|Dorota Kishlovsky/Zuzanna Szadkowski
|Ivy Dickens/Kaylee Defer
|Jenny Humphrey/Taylor Momsen
|Lily Van der Woodsen/Kelly Rutherford
|Nate Archibald/Chace Crawford
|Serena Van der Woodsen/Blake Lively
|Rufus Humphrey/Matthew Settle
|Vanessa Abrams/Jessica Szohr

Guest Stars

|Anne Archibald/Francie Swift
|Bart Bass/Robert John Burke
|Ben Donovan/David Call
|Carter Baizen/Sebastian Stan
|Ceci Rhodes/Caroline Lagerfelt
|Charlie Rhodes/Ella Rae Peck
|Cyrus Rose/Wallace Shawn
|Damien Daalgard/Kevin Zegers
|Dianna Payne/Elizabeth Hurley
|Georgina Sparks/Michelle Trachtenberg
|Hazel Williams/Dreama Walker
|Howie "the captain" Archibald/Sam Robards
|Isabelle Coates/Nicole Fiscella
|Jack Bass/Desmond Harrington
|Jessica Leitenberg/Alice Callahan
|Juliet Sharp/Katie Cassidy
|Kati Farkas/Nan Zhang
|Nelly Yuki/Yin Chang
|Louis Grimaldi/Hugo Becker
|Olivia Burke/Hilary Duff
|Penelope Shafai/Amanda Setton
|Raina Thort/Tika Sumpter
|Tripp Van der Bilt/Aaron Tveit
|William Van der Bilt/James Naughton
|William Van der Woodsen/William Baldwin
|Vanya/Aaron Schwartz

Fans

|tell me a lie
|Kiss of Death
|lessismore
|socialfirefighter
|ds44

Future Titles

|Great leaders only need three hours of sleep!
|You'd better not be selfish. A woman remembers.
|Gossip Girl likes to keep things classy and somewhat true.

Previous Threads

|#1: Welcome to the upper east side
|#2: You know you love me
|#3: Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to get drunk enough to make you all seem interesting.
|#4: Trouble is moving in, and it's looking to make the upper east side it's bitch.

Old 12-02-2015, 07:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

and to answer the last question i do quote a lot of GG stuff but i dont think i actually use them in real life. i mean, ill say a quote but its usually to myself, not to other people.

i do use one tree hill quotes all the time though.
Old 12-02-2015, 07:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Love the quote for the title! Congrats on the new thread guys!

Big lights will inspire you
Old 12-02-2015, 08:26 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
New Girl

TFTNT

^^ Yeah so many people wouldn't understand if I quote fictional characters from a show they don't even watch. However luckily some of my friends do because I do this a lot! I also use Joey's quotes especially "Moo point" Also some Chuck quotes "Call me sentimental" and I call confused people "natefused" or some people are "motherchuckers" Love my babies

Carrying this to here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44
no, she didn't. He asked serena in 502 how to get his money back and she told him to go to chuck and that's how he got it back. She kept the money.

You remember wrong dear. First of all no one can compete with me about GG facts (except some parts of S5 because I only watched those parts once and that was enough yuck... I mean the second half DB parts of course) Well not something you can write in your resume and it does no good to me in RL but still a specialty nonetheless

First of all, here the check Vanessa sends:
Check|Note

Second of all, the part you wrote is about Dan trying to stop the publisher before the book comes out, not about getting his money from Vanessa.

In 5x1 Dan learns from Jeremiah Harris that a book is gonna be published. He tells Dan that there is a book coming out, the main character is named Dylan and both the writing and the character awfully sound like him hah. Dan knowing that Vanessa saw his draft, goes to home and looks for the draft at the loft but he cannot find it naturally. He also learns that Vanity Fair is gonna publish the part about Princess of Monaco, basically the part where he writes like something happened between him and Blair. The subject being Princess of Monaco, vanity Fair is interested ofc. So he goes to Louis to make that not happen telling him that it might damage them. So Louis helps it kept under.

In 5x2 he still goes after the real publisher to try to stop the publishing. Since he got the check from Vanessa he thinks that he can go after the bank account to learn the real publisher. This is where he asks to Serena if she can help him because he remembers that she and Chuck went after Lily's account for the affidavit in Season 4 (4x12 to be exact). Serena tells him that it was all Chuck doing and he can ask him for help. So he goes after Chuck. At the end Chuck tells him that he can help. In 5x3 we see Chuck saying he had mediocre sex to learn the publisher So he learns that it's Shapiro's publisher and he is gonna publish the book himself. Then we learn that it was Shapiro's push to make Dan own his book and decide to publish. Dan owns his book. In 5x4 the book comes out.
Old 12-02-2015, 08:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Dan changed a bit the last two seasons.
Old 12-02-2015, 09:36 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
New Girl

1. Changed how for you? Because for me he went downhill and fast
2. What do you mean "a bit"?
3. And, only in the last two seasons?

Old 12-02-2015, 11:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

yes i do use friends quotes a lot! most people get those references a lot!

i also use "mcfly!!!!" but you'd only get that if you saw back to the future LOL

i think all the characters changed from season 1 and none for the better.
Old 12-03-2015, 01:23 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
New Girl

I love BTTF!! Love that I was saying "Great Scott!"

Except ultimate insider I think all have changed for the better, especially Chuck. Also except Season 5 pod!Blair. Luckily she got to herself at the end. But since character development was secondary to OMFG moments, nothing much to say overall imo

Cuties
Old 12-03-2015, 06:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessismore (View Post)
1. Changed how for you? Because for me he went downhill and fast
2. What do you mean "a bit"?
3. And, only in the last two seasons?

yes. I always loved Dan, but sometimes I shake my head at his decisions. He made some mistakes, but we're only human.
Old 12-03-2015, 08:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

they all got worse to me. dan turned into an ass. nate was just boring, blair turned into a weak female and a whiner, serena never ever grew through the series and kept doing the same crap, chuck got even meaner and more horrible then he was in the first season IMO. obviously jenny changed. eric even turned into an ass.

i just hated where the show took things in seasons 5/6 the show got so bad and the final season was so bad.

oh well, i will always cherish season 1.
Old 12-04-2015, 06:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by tell me a lie (View Post)
they all got worse to me. dan turned into an ass. nate was just boring, blair turned into a weak female and a whiner, serena never ever grew through the series and kept doing the same crap, chuck got even meaner and more horrible then he was in the first season IMO. obviously jenny changed. eric even turned into an ass.

i just hated where the show took things in seasons 5/6 the show got so bad and the final season was so bad.

ah. I gotcha Alexa. I didn't like how they ruined Jenny at all. In season 5 though dan says I didn't know to Serena. huh?! I was like what? I didn't care for nate and randoms and I didn't like the CB. The main reason I watched this show was for Team Endgame and DB. They started to mess everything up though. The thing is though Dan is hated but yet Chuck is always excused for his actions. Nate was always boring to me, but I have a soft spot for NB and I love NJ. At least they made him interesting.

Last edited by Forwood4Bamon; 12-04-2015 at 06:58 AM
Old 12-04-2015, 01:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

i loved everything in season 1. season 2 was not as good but still enjoyable. season 3 had some good episodes but i hated the pairings that year. season 4 things just got soon boring and i only really stuck around for the jenny stuff and dan.

then db started and so i watched for them in season 4 and season 5 even though season 5 was horrible otherwise. season 6 it got even worse and when db ended and they turned dan into a jerk i was over it. i only finished the series because there were only 13 episodes that year.
Old 12-04-2015, 11:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tell me a lie (View Post)

I hated what they did to Dan in season 5 and 6. He was always flawed, but still had an amazing heart. I don't really care that he judged people cause the cast of characters all did that. Blair was horrible in early s1 but got better by the end of s1. Then she got progressively worse, but I think people enjoyed the fact that she was an elitist bitch. Serena was just spinning after S3 because apparently she had to be a hotmess. I just think switching so many showrunners were bad for the show.

I can't take Gossip Dan seriously because they never explained his motivations and felt like a pointless omg. The only moments he seemed like his true self was around Serena and then they had the con that wasn't a con. But, I'll take ******* dan over no balls dan that was Blair's bitch anyday.

eta: lessismore

Thanks for clarifying. I've only watched s5 once and it mostly gives me a headache so I skip to 524 in my rewatches.
Old 12-05-2015, 06:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
I hated what they did to Dan in season 5 and 6. He was always flawed, but still had an amazing heart. I don't really care that he judged people cause the cast of characters all did that. Blair was horrible in early s1 but got better by the end of s1. Then she got progressively worse, but I think people enjoyed the fact that she was an elitist bitch. Serena was just spinning after S3 because apparently she had to be a hotmess. I just think switching so many showrunners were bad for the show.

I can't take Gossip Dan seriously because they never explained his motivations and felt like a pointless omg. The only moments he seemed like his true self was around Serena and then they had the con that wasn't a con. But, I'll take ******* dan over no balls dan that was Blair's bitch anyday.

eta: lessismore

Thanks for clarifying. I've only watched s5 once and it mostly gives me a headache so I skip to 524 in my rewatches.
exactly. I hate how much Dan changed in season 5. I didn't know? What kind of quote is that? That's not the dan I loved. even though I love DB, everything still changed. Remember what Serena said to Dan? and he forgot it seemed. He brings out the best in her. I could never buy team trifecta because Serena never really loved Nate. Only Jenny did, how can I buy that? and DV was ok.
Old 12-05-2015, 03:48 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
New Girl

Same ol' convo over and over... Chuck was excused? Hah... That is the funniest thing really. He spent his entire series arc to grow up and own his mistakes and make amends, unlike Dan. Becoming a man from a spoiled brat... I see these two characters somewhat real opposites of the show actually. Regarding their arcs as well. And you'd think Dan would be actually interesting when he swapped roles with Chuck, but he was plain boring again.

Also, Chuck didn't get meaner. He got screwed up the most and payed the most. But, Dan is the most excused character ever... He has made mistakes, sure everyone can, but he is forgiven all the time and won every time; he is even the one who gets to be apologised for the mistakes he made ???? Probably you don't remember those too... Also, Chuck never acted like he is better unlike Dan. The problem with Dan judging people was about him judging and then doing and being the worse and acting like he knows better. He messed up with these people's lives. He ruined and he still won and got everything he wanted. There is no case that he has lost something for what he did. Even at the very end. He is GG, it doesn't matter you accept it or not, and we see him forgiven. Meah, whatever he is GG??.. Kind of subtle imo because yeah whatever Dan is GG, audience weren't even thinking of him as to quote Chuck And yeah still he whined and got worse and worse... Oh give me a break... I lost my respect for Serena when she forgave him again. I mean after 5 years it might have been ok even if they wouldn't show again how he made amends, but forgiven like that and there... Seriously his life was so hard, poor guy hah...
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top