Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2015, 03:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenOfHearts (View Post)
I've changed it, thanks
Thx! You are fast! One second I thought I saw it wrong
Old 07-22-2015, 07:28 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
as much as i love some of the characters they are all pretty awful people.
Oh, yes, totally.

I'm glad they aren't real. I can't with any of them.

Except Eric. He's precious. *pets*
Old 07-23-2015, 01:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

and Natie he just to pretty to be corrupt lol
Old 07-23-2015, 03:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
and Natie he just to pretty to be corrupt lol
nate is pretty but damn questionable too.
Old 07-23-2015, 06:12 AM
Addicted Fan

I find that the characters were rude and mean that I saw so far.
Old 07-23-2015, 04:28 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Not one of them is a "good" character. They're all corrupt in some way. *******s in others. And all broken.
Old 07-23-2015, 06:49 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessismore (View Post)
Thx! You are fast! One second I thought I saw it wrong
Haha, all the credit to you for noticing it

Quote:
Originally Posted by socialfirefighter (View Post)
I find that the characters were rude and mean that I saw so far.
Just a friendly reminder to not bash characters please, thanks
Old 07-23-2015, 08:55 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenOfHearts (View Post)
Just a friendly reminder to not bash characters please, thanks
Sorry.
Old 07-23-2015, 10:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Xo, Kitty

I thought it was just actors we were t allowed to bash?
Old 07-24-2015, 06:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by tell me a lie (View Post)
I thought it was just actors we were t allowed to bash?
I was just rewatching 212-214 and reminded why i hate rufus and lily so much. Crappy parents.
Old 07-24-2015, 06:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I was reading over my first gilmore fanfic damn I really found to much inspiration in s1 cb. I used the expression murdering butterflies and 3 words eight letters. I did really love them back in the day before the writers ruined them with hotel gate and s4 war
Old 07-24-2015, 10:29 PM
Loyal Fan

Soooooo...

Quote:
dan hate what a shock
and from another:
Quote:
...but yay anything to open the door to your Dan hate.
Here's the thing, I personally like to equate things. Like, say...Chuck --HOTEL! 4.20! (and not the fun kind...which is legal in my state, btw),rapist in the pilot! I'll actually give you all of that. Though I personally would put it in context of larger realities of the show, showrunners, writers, ratings, producers...but if you want to just stick to canon and ignore any that context (as seems the case)? okay. Then yeah, here's what equally in canon: 5.22-5.24 really happened; all of S6 is canon; and being GG makes Dan a sociopathic stalker. Arguably worse than anything in-canon Chuck did. Which is whoa!

Or conversely, maybe can I just break out the 'Chuck hate, what a shock' or 'but yay anything to open the door to your Chuck hate.' Just let me know, and I'll roll.

Quote:
They're all so judgy. Every single one of them. It's just that Dan and Vanessa get called out on being hypercrits because... they dated people in the world they judged? They had friends in that world?
Here's the thing, Dan, and Vanessa are hypocrites, much as I like Vanessa (despite her flaws), because the problem comes when you present yourself as a Moral Arbiter, as Dan and Vanessa did. So then the burden becomes that much more, on your moral state. So if you lie, or cheat, or steal, or do any number of sins which might be fine for them, but then judge others on that? so that makes you a hypocrite. Not just a being "sinner." But judging others for sinning, when you do the same thing. So did Dan and/or Vanessa do bad things? yes. Did they still feel entitled despite whatever it was, to judge others as being less worthy than themselves, despite that? yes! So that's what makes them hypocrites, and not just sinners like the rest of us.

On the other hand, Chuck, Lily, and Blair will tell you outright they're elitists. Not that is all they are, or that other things can put that in context , but it is an admitted part of them. And yes, sometimes they can all be giant hypocrites. But their hypocrisy is usually lower, maybe cause they're shameless

Oh, and let me add to Dan's hypocritical whinging about being "poor" or "disadvantaged"? cry me an effing river. There is ZERO to do with Dan Humphrey's existence from season 1 episode 1, that isn't full of privilege, and thus, hypocrisy. He leads an upper-middle class white male existence, mostly in a loving two-person household, that most of us don't experience. Oh and quelle horreur, later his father married rich, so he could just swallow his useless PRIDE and accept the money to go to college on a fullboat. Or heaven forefend, he take out loans like the rest of us. Yes, please, tell me moar about what an everyman (and not huge hypocrite) Dan was?

Quote:
The same can be said for Blair. She was dating Dan and making fun of his status/world. LBR they are all hypocrites, but people only call out those they
Hmmm. Interesting. Blair is an Elitist here, I would argue, not a hypocrite. She flat out tells Dan that she "doesn't want to be a part of his world." She's not pretending to be willing to put up with being "lesser" unless it gets her ahead. She's fairly consistent in that, no matter who she's with. It's just that with Dan it's that despite her trying to ingratiate herself with the ironically PBR crowd, she still "doesn't want to be part of his world." sad trombone

Last edited by JonStewart4President; 07-25-2015 at 04:10 PM
Old 07-25-2015, 05:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hating and bashing are different things and all kinds of bashing are not allowed, I think. That includes bashing real people (actors and posters) as well as fictional characters and couples.

Pierre HermΓ© macarons are the best! yumm

Last edited by lessismore; 07-25-2015 at 05:30 AM
Old 07-25-2015, 08:40 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessismore (View Post)
Hating and bashing are different things and all kinds of bashing are not allowed, I think. That includes bashing real people (actors and posters) as well as fictional characters and couples.
Ok. Thank for explaining that. I look in the rules but I don't see anything about it. I have one question. Does this series get any better or I am going to be wasting my time on this series? I have only seen season 1 so far. If I did finish this show, it would be mainly for the storylines.
Old 07-25-2015, 09:08 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

If you don't like S1, then you should stop. Because S1 is the best. S2 gets dragged in the later half. And then it just gets a mess.

What about the show do you currently like? (that might help, too)
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top