Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2018, 05:07 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
The board guide is updated but it is closed. You cant post on it?

At least the one that was pinned at the top you couldn't. if there is second one it should have been pinned, not that one. I think thats really weird.

I am assuming it wasn't the same moderator, but if the board only had 1 then it had to be her??? Not sure why they never replied to me though. I cant remember the name but it started with G I think?

And this was only a few months ago.

Unfortunately there are a lot of boards on FF that are not ran very well. I watch a lot of shows and always post in episode threads and nothing bothers me more than when I post and then not even the moderators respond. Like, isn't that their job? To maintain discussion? On the Stranger Things board no one responded to my posts. On the 13 Reasons why the same thing, and then it was closed down. Same for Handmaid's Tale. I mean, when a board is floundering you would think it would be wise to respond to the episode threads. . Its just a bummer when you first discover a show, go to talk about it and not even the moderators respond. Its even worse when some boards dont have episodes threads but then dont even let you open any.

Ive had some really amazing experiences on other boards, like the 100 board and the Everwood board. Its a shame that not all of them are that way.

As for the bad experience that was years ago, back in like season 3 or whatever. The mods at the time were very rude to cary/kalinda fans and basically prohibited any shipper talk on their own thread and constantly referred to them as brother and sister, which was really annoying. They made people go to the Matt board to talk about them in a romantic way.
I'm sorry you felt that way. Especially the last part. I wasn't around back then and I'm pretty sure the board had other moderators back then too.

I post on a lot of boards too and don't always get a reaction either. It doesn't help if a board only has like 2-3 active posters (which happened at the end of TGW board). Those 2-3 posters (including moderators) have lifes too, so even then it's impossible to respond to everything. I get how you feel though. Sometimes I write a huge recap on a random board, which everyone seems to ignore. Guess my post wasn't interesting enough then

Guess everyone has a board, or two, with which they have bad experiences. I've had that on the Everwood board, which is a shame. Thankfully the majority of boards are awesome!
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Alwayshappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 03:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

It's okay, thankfully I wasn't the biggest K/C fan EVER otherwise I might have made more of a stink about it.

I was just bummed because I pmed a moderator and usually I get a response back within 2 days. But in that case I never heard anything. I cant remember why I messaged them, it was in reference to episode threads, so maybe some of them were closed and I was asking if they could re-open them?

I am just glad to have this thread now so I have somewhere to discuss my thoughts! Not that I am watching very quickly lol.

I mean, I used to be a moderator so I know its difficult to post in all the threads, but like you said, if the board isn't that active then it should be easy enough to respond to the episode discussion threads. To me, those are some of the best threads because they allow for some bigger discussions and therefor keep the board moving. You dont have to reply to all my posts in one day or anything, but why wouldnt they respond to one, do some other threads they want to do, then do another etc. I mean, thats what I would do?

Anyways, this has gotten pretty off topic. We can bring it back to TGW soon. Didn't meant to cause a whole thing.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 01:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

What's everyone's favourite season of the show?
stlavin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 05:28 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
What's everyone's favourite season of the show?
Season 5 for me, it had some very strong episodes. Hitting the fan was especially amazing. Enjoyed the seasons before S5 aswell. S6 and S7 were still great TV, but it wasn't the same. Too much focus on politics. It was a mistake to have Alicia run for office herself.

In order:

S5.
S2
S1
S3
S4
S7
S6

That said, even S6 was strong. It was just not as good as the other seasons.
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 01-24-2018, 11:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

I cant order mine because I dont the episodes well enough, only saw everything once and it blends together.

But I liked the first couple of seasons the best.
Old 01-28-2018, 02:25 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayshappy (View Post)
Season 5 for me, it had some very strong episodes. Hitting the fan was especially amazing. Enjoyed the seasons before S5 aswell. S6 and S7 were still great TV, but it wasn't the same. Too much focus on politics. It was a mistake to have Alicia run for office herself.

In order:

S5.
S2
S1
S3
S4
S7
S6

That said, even S6 was strong. It was just not as good as the other seasons.
Yeah, I think it's mostly my order too but I would switch S6 and 7. Alicia running for office could have been interesting, but it was poorly handled imo.
Old 01-28-2018, 11:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

Sorry Alexa I do get what you mean though I personally really felt bad seeing the Handmaid's Tale board go because of that

Oh boy that's a difficult one..

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
heartღaflutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 01:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I cant order mine because I dont the episodes well enough, only saw everything once and it blends together.

But I liked the first couple of seasons the best.
Fair enough
Old 02-07-2018, 11:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

I watched 614 today. I am having a hard time remembering where I left off. I started in season 6 and remembered the earlier episodes, then watched like 5 and 6 and didn't remember but when I tried to watch 7 I remembered a few more. Ugh so frustrating. So I might have potentially skipped some I hadn't seen but I am starting from here again so oh well.

I thought the episode was a bit boring, it was all like hypothetical stuff in Alicia's mind which was odd. I also started getting really irritated with all the forced "lost voice" scenes.

The fake Will/Alicia scenes were weird, especially with not showing his face but I like that Alicia was thinking of him and that she missed him. Any sort of mention of him I am going to love.

All the stopping and starting with the music was really irritating too. Just definitely not one of my favorite episodes, it felt so filler.
Old 02-08-2018, 12:42 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I watched 614 today. I am having a hard time remembering where I left off. I started in season 6 and remembered the earlier episodes, then watched like 5 and 6 and didn't remember but when I tried to watch 7 I remembered a few more. Ugh so frustrating. So I might have potentially skipped some I hadn't seen but I am starting from here again so oh well.

I thought the episode was a bit boring, it was all like hypothetical stuff in Alicia's mind which was odd. I also started getting really irritated with all the forced "lost voice" scenes.

The fake Will/Alicia scenes were weird, especially with not showing his face but I like that Alicia was thinking of him and that she missed him. Any sort of mention of him I am going to love.

All the stopping and starting with the music was really irritating too. Just definitely not one of my favorite episodes, it felt so filler.
Outside of the Will/Alicia stuff, I can't really remember what happened in the rest of the episode lol.
Old 02-09-2018, 06:50 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Outside of the Will/Alicia stuff, I can't really remember what happened in the rest of the episode lol.
Wasn't that the episode she pictures Kalinda in bed with Peter?
Old 02-10-2018, 12:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Wasn't that the episode she pictures Kalinda in bed with Peter?
Maybe?
Old 02-11-2018, 10:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

YEs, and they were like "we dont talk like this"... Meh.
Old 02-12-2018, 11:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Doesn't sound like an good episode lol.
Old 03-12-2018, 02:21 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I'm sorry you felt that way. Especially the last part. I wasn't around back then and I'm pretty sure the board had other moderators back then too.
This is sounding like around the time the Matt/Cary forum and TGW forum weren't getting along. I'm not really sure what happened really, but the mods and posters picked sides.

One thing is for sure, I wasn't offended about people who shipped Cary/Kalinda. I enjoyed them too.

- Mel
Full Throttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top