Fan Forum Legend

Alright lol
stlavin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 04:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
I am so glad.

No offense but it was a horrible board. I did say hi. I messaged one of the moderators too and never got a response. The freaking board guide was closed, like, what the heck is that about? Makes no sense.

Not to mention that way back when I was watching the show they were SO RUDE to me because I shipped Cary and Kalinda and practically told me to go post on Matt's board instead. Like... wow rude.
sorry you had that experience

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
heartღaflutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 04:34 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartღaflutter (View Post)
sorry you had that experience
Stuff like that should never happen really.
Old 01-22-2018, 05:37 AM
Supreme Fan

I've only had good experiences on the TGW board. The last year (or more) it was practically run by only one moderator and I honestly don't know a better one out there. She always responded when people needed help/said hi, so I can't believe she ignored you on purpose (if we're talking about the same moderator). I'm sad the board closed down, but it was time I guess. It became harder and harder to have enough monthly/daily posts.

Also, the board guide seems updated? There are links to every episode and to every thread, so I'm confused http://www.fanforum.com/f108/good-wi...rtal-62971677/
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Alwayshappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 06:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

There were 2 board guides, I remember that because I brought it up once that I thought it was confusing to have one closed and one open that had the exact same purpose. Maybe that's what she meant, maybe one of them wasn't updated as well as the other one?

http://www.fanforum.com/f108/good-wi...8/index15.html

Old 01-22-2018, 06:07 AM
Supreme Fan

Both seem updated to me So no matter which one she checked (can understand it was confusing to have two ), both are updated just fine, so don't know where it went wrong.
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 01-22-2018, 06:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

but maybe it wasn't at the time she visited the board?
It's updated now but maybe it wasn't when she visited.. Just a shame she felt that way...

Old 01-22-2018, 06:23 AM
Supreme Fan

Maybe. I don't know when she visited. I've been a daily visitor of the board for 2-3 years and both were always updated in that period, so would have to be before that time, I guess. I feel bad for her, that she felt that way. Especially because there's no better moderator around, so I'm sure she wasn't ignored on purpose. It's just not how the board or that mod worked, everyone was always welcomed with open arms
Old 01-22-2018, 10:36 AM
Extreme Fan

Crying

Old 01-22-2018, 11:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

awww supercute!

Old 01-22-2018, 01:23 PM
Supreme Fan

Cute!
Old 01-22-2018, 11:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

The board guide is updated but it is closed. You cant post on it?

At least the one that was pinned at the top you couldn't. if there is second one it should have been pinned, not that one. I think thats really weird.

I am assuming it wasn't the same moderator, but if the board only had 1 then it had to be her??? Not sure why they never replied to me though. I cant remember the name but it started with G I think?

And this was only a few months ago.

Unfortunately there are a lot of boards on FF that are not ran very well. I watch a lot of shows and always post in episode threads and nothing bothers me more than when I post and then not even the moderators respond. Like, isn't that their job? To maintain discussion? On the Stranger Things board no one responded to my posts. On the 13 Reasons why the same thing, and then it was closed down. Same for Handmaid's Tale. I mean, when a board is floundering you would think it would be wise to respond to the episode threads. . Its just a bummer when you first discover a show, go to talk about it and not even the moderators respond. Its even worse when some boards dont have episodes threads but then dont even let you open any.

Ive had some really amazing experiences on other boards, like the 100 board and the Everwood board. Its a shame that not all of them are that way.

As for the bad experience that was years ago, back in like season 3 or whatever. The mods at the time were very rude to cary/kalinda fans and basically prohibited any shipper talk on their own thread and constantly referred to them as brother and sister, which was really annoying. They made people go to the Matt board to talk about them in a romantic way.

Last edited by Alexa; 01-23-2018 at 01:04 AM
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 01:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

That's such an cute photo, love their friendship.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top