Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2019, 11:27 AM
Absolute Fan

Good Trouble #1 - The Continuing Adventures of Callie and Mariana Foster

I've been watching this one since it aired mainly because I loved the Fosters so much.

It's definitely a different vibe. Structurally different, stylized and intentionally more sexy.

I wasn't feeling it at first but it has gotten better. That said I miss the moms being around regularly. It was nice to see then return the last episode.

What does everyone else think? I heard it did get picked up for a second season.
Russian Doll ∫ Atypical ∫ Flash ∫ Legends of Tomorrow ∫ Schitt's Creek ∫ Sex Education ∫ Degrassi ∫ Good Trouble ∫ Jane the Virgin ∫ The Good Place ∫ You ∫ The Affair ∫ 13 Reasons Why ∫ Stranger Things ∫ Handmaid's Tale ∫ Trinkets
@ Tumblr | @ Web *Icon by Static Waves
lasha4god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 02:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

I thought the pilot was BADDDDD. Like, really bad. So boring and Marianna and Callie were separated for most of it. They do these weird flashback sort of things... idk, theres something off with the show for me and I cant really figure out what it is. I dont find M and C's individual storylines all that riveting either.

I like the bisexual guy, he seems nice but I just feel like his SL with Callie is very boring? IDK, everything about the show is very lackluster to me. Callie and Mariana were not my favorites from the fosters either so IDK. Im sticking it out for now.

I did really enjoy the last episode with the moms, it was so much better. I wish more Fosters characters would be on the show. I miss Brandon too.

Some of the roommates I also dont really care about and feel like they were sorta dropped in the show. idk, its weird. Will have to see where the season goes.
Alexa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 03:23 PM
Absolute Fan

The pilot was bad but the party episode was the worst for me. It took us out of all the drama and building storyline just to have the characters bop around to outdated dance music.

Callie's storyline with the trial has the chance to be more dynamic but given we aren't really in the thick of it like we were with the ICE storyline on the Fosters I just feel uninvested..

Marina's work environment is painfully cliche and doesn't feel like an honest look at the challenges of being a woman in the tech sector. If they nuanced her co-workers better I might like it. At least they are showing us more to the Indian guy on her team.

The bi-sexual character and the black female living in the commune are the most interesting. I'm completely uninvested in the other new characters.

Having the Mom's back was the best part so far and Lena's reaction to her experiences on the campaign trail were pretty powerful.

Callie and Gael are super hot! But I feel they are pushing the sex factor to make the show more adult and push boundries. I would rather they focus on better, more, linear, storytelling.

I'm still watching but it's mostly to see the old cast members peek in.
Russian Doll ∫ Atypical ∫ Flash ∫ Legends of Tomorrow ∫ Schitt's Creek ∫ Sex Education ∫ Degrassi ∫ Good Trouble ∫ Jane the Virgin ∫ The Good Place ∫ You ∫ The Affair ∫ 13 Reasons Why ∫ Stranger Things ∫ Handmaid's Tale ∫ Trinkets
Old 02-13-2019, 11:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

I just feel like everything is super repetitive at this point. The storyline isn't really advancing.

Callie and Gael are okay, they have chemistry but I find their storyline bland. And its a bit predictable that he likes her so much already.
Old 02-15-2019, 09:08 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
I just feel like everything is super repetitive at this point. The storyline isn't really advancing.

Callie and Gael are okay, they have chemistry but I find their storyline bland. And its a bit predictable that he likes her so much already.
Build up would have been nice. Maybe they could of played out the tension with Mariana and Callie a bit longer.

It felt like so much more happened in a single episode of the Fosters than has happened this whole start to the season. I hope things are remedied soon.

From the promos it seems both Brandon and Jesus will make appearances. That should be interesting. I wonder if will get insight to how Brandon's marriage is going.
Old 02-19-2019, 02:47 PM
Absolute Fan

The latest episode actually wasn't so bad. I liked that Mariana didn't fall into relationship tropes and stood up for herself. I feel like old her would have dove right in. I hope she finds the confidence to finally stand up for herself at the office.

Also there was this ...

I feel like this is just a temporary wrench in her thing with Gael. But maybe it could go the distance.

I believe based on promos Jesus is showing up next week. It will be good to see him back.
Old 02-26-2019, 02:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

I prefer her with him than with Gael. The Gael thing is just so forced. If it was more organic maybe i would like it more. but also him being bi makes me want to see him with more guys. Just watching him and her stare at one another and then make out is just a bit much.

I dont really care about Alice or the blonde friend either, they just a feel a bit thrown in there to me. But i am liking Malika more. The guy she was was flirting with was cute.

Loved seeing John from Originals on here, but its too bad he had a g/f. That whole threesome scene i did not expect lmao.

I am liking the show a bit more though, its feeling more concise. i think the show tries way too hard to be sexy though.
Old 04-02-2019, 07:11 AM
New Fan

Hey guys, new to the forum 😍🖐 I accidently stumbled upon this show when I saw a promo of the third episode with Mariana spilling coffee on Evan and since that time I was hooked.

So glad the show got a second season.
Missii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 09:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

Finally caught up on this show? I’m into Jamie and Callie they better not ruin them
Old 08-13-2019, 12:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

Im not watching season 2 . lol. I wasnt into it. :/
Old 01-24-2021, 09:45 PM
Addicted Fan

Bumping up to see if anyone enjoys watching?
Old 01-25-2021, 07:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Glad to see some people enjoying this. I might give it a try sometime
fox24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 06:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

is it still on air ? lol
Old 01-26-2021, 08:08 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
is it still on air ? lol

lol... yeah. Season 3 premieres on Feb 17.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top