Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2017, 02:50 PM
Extreme Fan

^^ Yeah!! After such a long hiatus, At last, Here we are.

Liam is joining the party, so as Nik

"I wish I was the monster you think I am" ~ Tyrion Lannister
"I'm no lady" ~ Brienne of Tarth
Old 07-16-2017, 08:11 PM
Moderator Manager
MST Manager

Just watched!
Join us for a *NEW* Queer As Folk Series Rewatch...Now Watching Episode 1.05
Old 07-16-2017, 08:21 PM
Moderator Manager

Valeerena, I'll reply to your posts later. I need to talk about the ep first.

Awesome start to S7! That introduction with Arya as Frey was sooooo awesome, OMG!!!! We see a cameo later on with Ed Sheeran. Did anyone catch what army they were from? Freys? Lannisters? Arya said she's looking for Cersei so she is next on her kill list.

Okay, Jon is amazing as KITN. He was hell bent on his decision after a bit of a row with Sansa. And Lady Lyanna, OMG. She doesn't want to just sit down, she wants to fight. ALL men and WOMEN should. I FREAKING LOVE HER. LOL moment with Tormund & Brienne. And LF is still whispering to Sansa but she's not budging. Way to go Sansa!

The Hound is with the BHWB! He fits in so well with them now. What is that sorcery he experienced with the fire? I also liked that he buried the dead.

Sam in Oldtown! Poor Sam. And Jim Broadbent is indeed Archmeaster Marwyn. I can't believe there's a restricted section in the library (Hello HP!). After stealing a book, Sam finds out there's a ton of dragonglass on Dragonstone so he writes to Jon!
Spoiler:

I enjoyed the Cersei & Jaime scenes. Jaime practically said everything I wanted to tell Cersei. She's turning mad, even asking her brother if he's scared of her. Euron was a delight to watch. Looks like they have both reached out to each other for an alliance after finding out Dany is in Dragonstone and that both Yara & Theon allied with them. Cersei rejected his offer of a marriage alliance though. I wonder what's up? At least Jaime is realizing that siding with his sister is fighting a losing battle. And I LOVED that he asked about Tommen.

Lastly, Dragonstone with Dany, Tyrion, Missandei, GW & Varys. I'm not gonna lie, I've seen it already on the trailer but I teared up a bit when Dany put her hand on the ground to feel the land that belongs to her and her family. I just had this feeling of deja vu and at the same time a finality that since Dany is back there, we're nearing the very end so I got a bit sad. For an episode titled "Dragonstone", we got very little of it in this ep though.

"You go to school dances with someone that,
you know... someone that you like."

dw | dd | st | kh
Old 07-16-2017, 09:16 PM
Watchtower

Dude!!! What a great season premiere!!
Totally worth the waiting

I LOVE the opening with the Freys and how Arya totally destroyed them, and what a perfect speech!! She really is getting the so deserved payback that the Starks need.
I was so surprised to see Ed Sheeran in a cameo That was so cool!
Gotta confess that I'm a bit disappointed that Arya is heading South first before going North to reunite with the family (she did say she was going home last season ), but just knowing she'll go after all the people in her list makes me smile a bit

Lindsay, I'm pretty sure Ed Sheeran was part of the Lannister's soldiers.

Jon is perfect as KITN! I love how he has so much of Ned's way of thinking, not punishing the whole family for what they had done (just like he didn't want Robert to kill Daenerys just because she was a Targaryen) He's a fair person, which to me makes him the perfect person to lead people.
And I get it that Sansa does have a point in some of the things, but IDK she feels like a "Cersei in training" with some of her speech, so maybe not the best person to be in charge. I do like that apparently she is not falling for Little Finger's manipulation.
Lyanna Mormont is AMAZING!! I so want more scenes with her this season, because they're priceless

I like that the Hound is with Thoros and Beric... really curious to see how that storyline is gonna go this season And it's great to see more depth in the Hound showing that he has a good heart, he's just not very cuddly.

Cersei and Jaime's scenes were also amazing. I was wondering if Jaime would just follow after her without questioning, and I like how he was the one to mention Tommen and how Cersei is sort of mad.
I like Euron He is awful, but had great lines... and he really seems like a real threat, so joining forces with Cersei (which is what he wants) turns him into a very dangerous person for everybody.

Daenerys arriving at Dragonstone was amazing! the scene was so simple, and yet so intense! And having her end the episode with the "Shall we begin?" was icing on the cake!!

So, obviously, I LOVED the episode
Old 07-16-2017, 10:08 PM
Extreme Fan

and Ed Sheeran makes an appearance!

PS - ive never heard of any song by him, but i hope him well
Old 07-16-2017, 10:41 PM
Moderator Manager

ETA: I forgot about Meera/Bran at the Wall with Edd and Jorah in Oldtown! I'll talk more about them at a later post. And I also need to talk more about The Hound/Thoros/Beric scenes.
Also, I forgot to mention all the shade Euron threw at Jaime, OMG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si_Crazy (View Post)
Gotta confess that I'm a bit disappointed that Arya is heading South first before going North to reunite with the family (she did say she was going home last season ), but just knowing she'll go after all the people in her list makes me smile a bit
Unless something distracts her in the North and she eventually heads there. I'm disappointed that Arya is "reunited" with Ed Sheeran and not Gendry though. What's up with that?

Quote:
Lindsay, I'm pretty sure Ed Sheeran was part of the Lannister's soldiers.
Thanks. That's also why they laughed when Arya said she's going to kill the Queen.

Quote:
Jon is perfect as KITN! I love how he has so much of Ned's way of thinking, not punishing the whole family for what they had done (just like he didn't want Robert to kill Daenerys just because she was a Targaryen) He's a fair person, which to me makes him the perfect person to lead people.
And I get it that Sansa does have a point in some of the things, but IDK she feels like a "Cersei in training" with some of her speech, so maybe not the best person to be in charge. I do like that apparently she is not falling for Little Finger's manipulation.
Lyanna Mormont is AMAZING!! I so want more scenes with her this season, because they're priceless
THIS THIS THIS. Nothing more to add. Sansa is definitely some sort of toned down version of Cersei right now. I need to re-watch that row with Jon again and while it pains me to see them both fighting like this, they both do have points and they really need to communicate better with each other. I love Lyanna too. OMG. Can she just be the one to sit on the Iron Throne?

Quote:
I like that the Hound is with Thoros and Beric... really curious to see how that storyline is gonna go this season And it's great to see more depth in the Hound showing that he has a good heart, he's just not very cuddly.
I think I have my new OT3: The Hound, Thoros & Beric.

Quote:
Cersei and Jaime's scenes were also amazing. I was wondering if Jaime would just follow after her without questioning, and I like how he was the one to mention Tommen and how Cersei is sort of mad.
I like Euron He is awful, but had great lines... and he really seems like a real threat, so joining forces with Cersei (which is what he wants) turns him into a very dangerous person for everybody.
I kind of want a marriage alliance just cause Cersei has gone mad and Euron will love it. I was like YUCK when he was flirting with Cersei. He does have a lot of army and Cersei will need him to fight off Dany. Question is, do they know Dany has dragons?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CONDEMNED666 (View Post)

The minute I heard singing, I knew it was him.

dw | dd | st | kh
Old 07-17-2017, 12:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by CONDEMNED666 (View Post)

Really? Will look for him when I watch tonight.
Old 07-17-2017, 08:15 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
LOL moment with Tormund & Brienne. And LF is still whispering to Sansa but she's not budging. Way to go Sansa!
I always love the way Brienne eyes him.
Old 07-17-2017, 10:05 AM
Moderator Support Team

^ Same here.. He always have like heart-eyes whenever he sees her and she was like sigh..

The best part was Ayra.. That was badass.. I can't wait to see more of her..

I'm looking forward to see how Daenerys going..

Plus the one scene of Cersei talked to that guy and that guy willing to kill his own brother and the way he told her that he will feel the same way if she did that which that sound foreshadowing that happen between her and Jaime..
time after time

Steph/credit: Si_Crazy
Old 07-17-2017, 04:16 PM
Extreme Fan

FINALLY, WINTER IS HERE

It's not as good as I expected it'll be but

JORAH IS IN OLD TOWN

ARYA IS AWESOME..

DANY IS HERE AT LAST.. YAHOOO.. "Shall we begin?" of course, My Queen..We've waited like 6 seasons for that.

I loved Hound/BHWB scene. The hound had genuinely changed and If you noticed the Gravedigger theory from the book. I liked what he saw in the flames tho it's not believable for the Hound to suddenly see or read the flames but any way, I felt goosebumps when he was saying the lines.

AND THAT WWs SCENE WITH THE GIANTS ..OMG

Also, I had liked Jaime/Cersei scenes but what bothered me that he is not angry. I think he's wary and surprised, he begun to notice she'd changed but as we expected he'll be at her side.. And that Euron speech

Plus, Jon/Sansa scene didn't turn out bad as I had expected. Thanks GOD. Well, she's got a point on how he needs to counsel her. She knows these people well and he needs to listen to her more however, I'll add my voice to his when he made that decision to give Umbers and Karstarks another chance They're just little kids. Sansa still trusts Jon and I liked that and now she knows exactly what LF wants and she'll start to play the game with him.

LYANNA WAS PERFECT..I'M IN LOVE WITH HER ..See how Brienne looked at her

And Brienne leaving Tormund picking Oathkeeper to talk to Sansa

Ed Sheeran cameo was useless and unnecessary. The whole scene was meh.
"I wish I was the monster you think I am" ~ Tyrion Lannister
"I'm no lady" ~ Brienne of Tarth
Old 07-17-2017, 06:15 PM
Extreme Fan

Skit, from FX's Atlanta

*black guy identifies as 35 year old white guy*

"Hey, do you watch the game of the thrones?"

Old 07-17-2017, 06:56 PM
Watchtower

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
ETA: I forgot about Meera/Bran at the Wall with Edd and Jorah in Oldtown! I'll talk more about them at a later post. And I also need to talk more about The Hound/Thoros/Beric scenes.
Also, I forgot to mention all the shade Euron threw at Jaime, OMG.

Unless something distracts her in the North and she eventually heads there. I'm disappointed that Arya is "reunited" with Ed Sheeran and not Gendry though. What's up with that?

Thanks. That's also why they laughed when Arya said she's going to kill the Queen.

THIS THIS THIS. Nothing more to add. Sansa is definitely some sort of toned down version of Cersei right now. I need to re-watch that row with Jon again and while it pains me to see them both fighting like this, they both do have points and they really need to communicate better with each other. I love Lyanna too. OMG. Can she just be the one to sit on the Iron Throne?

I think I have my new OT3: The Hound, Thoros & Beric.

I kind of want a marriage alliance just cause Cersei has gone mad and Euron will love it. I was like YUCK when he was flirting with Cersei. He does have a lot of army and Cersei will need him to fight off Dany. Question is, do they know Dany has dragons?
Ohh yeah, Meera and Bran! I'm so happy that they're at the Wall and I would like to see them talking a bit more with Edd
And Jorah that was so sad (I had seen in the trailer) but still hearing his voice and having him wondering if Dany has arrived made me feel so sorry that he wasn't there with her.
I'm here to talk about the Hound/Thoros/Beric! I didn't think I was going to like them, but I found their dynamic really great!!! on the OT3

I'm divided because in a way I really wanted her to go North to reunite with Jon and Sansa (and probably Bran soon), but at the same time I've been waiting for her to finish her vengeance list for so long.... I'm confused as to what I want for Arya

I found that it was a great scene to have the soldiers being nice to Arya, because so far even to us we have been thinking about how awful the Lannisters and their army is, and that showed that they fight because they don't have a choice or a say in it, and in the end all they want is to go home. I imagine that will make Arya think a bit harder before just killing people on the other side which will make her more compassionate.

I support Lyanna sitting in the Iron Throne! She ROCKS!!! I want her to have more scenes
I really hope Jon and Sansa talks more, because if they actually work together they would be a force to be reckon with.
As for Sansa being more like to Cersei, I don't really dig, I mean, I like that she is not as gullible as she was in the beginning, but IDK the change doesn't appeal to me because she is getting colder towards people.

They know she has dragon Cersei once said in the small council that it was only small dragons and then Varys said that they were growing strong, and since she already knows that Tyrion is her Hand, she probably knows that the Dragons are super strong.
But yeah, mad couple Cersei/Euron would be so interesting And that way Jaime would finally be free of Cersei and try to do something good with his life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyls (View Post)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly me to the moon (View Post)
^ Same here.. He always have like heart-eyes whenever he sees her and she was like sigh..

The best part was Ayra.. That was badass.. I can't wait to see more of her..

I'm looking forward to see how Daenerys going..

Plus the one scene of Cersei talked to that guy and that guy willing to kill his own brother and the way he told her that he will feel the same way if she did that which that sound foreshadowing that happen between her and Jaime..
Ohh I LOVE Tormund and Brienne sharing scenes!!! Gimme more of that

Arya was perfect! Definitely my favorite in the episode (I'm a bit biased since she is one of my favorite characters of the show )

Daenerys arriving really set up the season for HUGE events! I'm so excited about that!

I got that too, and I'm worried about Jaime because I really wanted him away from Cersei, but I don't think I'll get that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valeerena (View Post)
AND THAT WWs SCENE WITH THE GIANTS ..OMG

Also, I had liked Jaime/Cersei scenes but what bothered me that he is not angry. I think he's wary and surprised, he begun to notice she'd changed but as we expected he'll be at her side.. And that Euron speech
Ohhh the WW with the Giants Now I'm even sadder that Wun Wun is dead He would be helpful in the Big War

Yeah, I was hoping Jaime would be angry with Cersei, and it was disappointing that even though he wasn't completely on her side he didn't show any signs that he would abandon her
Old 07-17-2017, 10:03 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Plus, Jon/Sansa scene didn't turn out bad as I had expected. Thanks GOD. Well, she's got a point on how he needs to counsel her. She knows these people well and he needs to listen to her more however, I'll add my voice to his when he made that decision to give Umbers and Karstarks another chance They're just little kids. Sansa still trusts Jon and I liked that and now she knows exactly what LF wants and she'll start to play the game with him.
He should listen to what she has to say, definitely, but she shouldn't be challenging him for the whole room to hear.

Quote:
I loved listening to his voice and song, but I would have been happy if they'd just had her ride past and us hearing him sing.

Last edited by Kyls; 07-17-2017 at 10:10 PM
Old 07-17-2017, 11:20 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
It was hilarious! I mean we already have this:

# when bae checks you out

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly me to the moon (View Post)
YESSSSSSSSSS.

Quote:

I loved Hound/BHWB scene. The hound had genuinely changed and If you noticed the Gravedigger theory from the book. I liked what he saw in the flames tho it's not believable for the Hound to suddenly see or read the flames but any way, I felt goosebumps when he was saying the lines.
I guess Thoros can maybe will him to see something in the flames but yeah, it was quite easy for The Hound to see something in the flames. I guess this changes his mind and makes him go with the BHWB to fight with the Northerners.

Quote:
I think he's mostly scared but yes he wasn't angry. I laughed at all of Euron's shades at Jaime, OMG. He even changed himself up a bit for Cersei. I wonder what gift he has in mind? Maybe one of the Sand Snake's heads?

Quote:
It's either you forgive them or kill them and Jon thinks that even if they technically turned their back on the Starks, he still needs them for the battle with the WWs. If the WWs weren't around, I'm more inclined to go with Sansa's decision. I'm not saying she's wrong as she has a point too, but the North needs men/women and a huge army and A LOT of dragonglass right now.

Quote:
Same. It kind of threw me away from the tone/mood of the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si_Crazy (View Post)
I'm here to talk about the Hound/Thoros/Beric! I didn't think I was going to like them, but I found their dynamic really great!!! on the OT3
It's great to finally see a "good side" to Sandor. I mean he's "good" and has done some horrible but he's nothing like Gregor, for example, who's just plain savage.

Quote:
I'm divided because in a way I really wanted her to go North to reunite with Jon and Sansa (and probably Bran soon), but at the same time I've been waiting for her to finish her vengeance list for so long.... I'm confused as to what I want for Arya
Personally I want Jaime to kill Cersei. And for Arya to kill LF. I'm already reading some insane theories about Arya right now which I'm not going to mention here as they're all specs. Which reminds me, with the Freys out of the picture, this makes Edmure the heir to the Twins. Cersei will kill him.

Quote:
I found that it was a great scene to have the soldiers being nice to Arya, because so far even to us we have been thinking about how awful the Lannisters and their army is, and that showed that they fight because they don't have a choice or a say in it, and in the end all they want is to go home. I imagine that will make Arya think a bit harder before just killing people on the other side which will make her more compassionate.
While I found the scene unnecessary, it did show a side that some of the Lannister soldiers are just trying to survive. For a minute, Arya was contemplating on killing them but they were nice and it surprised her too.

Quote:
As for Sansa being more like to Cersei, I don't really dig, I mean, I like that she is not as gullible as she was in the beginning, but IDK the change doesn't appeal to me because she is getting colder towards people.
Even her sass towards LF, it's such a Cersei thing to say. I don't like that she's getting colder towards people. And these were kids too! They need a home and shelter and their lands.

Quote:
They know she has dragon Cersei once said in the small council that it was only small dragons and then Varys said that they were growing strong, and since she already knows that Tyrion is her Hand, she probably knows that the Dragons are super strong.
But yeah, mad couple Cersei/Euron would be so interesting And that way Jaime would finally be free of Cersei and try to do something good with his life.
Ah yes, I forgot about this. Thanks! I also found that remark to Euron about killing his brother a bit off. I mean, Cersei, if she can, would have killed Tyrion a long time ago. I'm worried for Jaime this season.

dw | dd | st | kh
Old 07-18-2017, 03:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I loved listening to his voice and song, but I would have been happy if they'd just had her ride past and us hearing him sing.
Didn't really see the point tbh, it's like they had him cameo just for the sake of it.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread