Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2016, 12:38 AM
Passionate Fan

Game of Thrones (HBO) #5: "The past is already written. The ink is dry."

WELCOME TO THE 5th GAME OF THRONES DISCUSSION THREAD

+

This will be the new home for the Game of Thrones discussion due to the board closure. If you have any questions or comments, you can contact the mods of the Television board via their PMs. Thank you!

Season 1

1x01: Winter is Coming | 1x02: The Kingsroad | 1x03: Lord Snow | 1x04: Cripples, Bastards and Broken Things | 1x05: The Wolf and the Lion | 1x06: The Golden Crown | 1x07: You Win or You Die | 1x08: The Pointy End | 1x09: Baelor | 1x10: Fire and Blood

Season 2

2x01: The North Remembers | 2x02: The Night Lands | 2x03: What is Dead Never Die | 2x04: Garden of Bones | 2x05: The Ghost of Harrenhal | 2x06: The Old Gods and New Gods | 2x07: A Man without Honor | 2x08: The Prince of Winterfell | 2x09: Blackwater | 2x10: Valar Morghulis

Season 3

3x01: Valar Dohaeris | 3x02: Dark Wings, Dark Word | 3x03: Walk of Punishment | 3x04: And Now His Watch Has Ended | 3x05: Kissed By Fire | 3x06: The Climb |3 x07: The Bear and the Fair Maiden | 3x08: Second Sons | 3x09: The Rains of Castamere | 3x10: Mhysa

Season 4

4x01: Two Swords | 4x02: The Lion and the Rose | 4x03: Breaker of Chains | 4x04: Oathkeeper | 4x05: First of His Name | 4x06: The Laws of Gods and Men | 4x07: Mockingbird | 4x08: The Mountain and the Viper | 4x09: The Watchers of the Wall | 4x10: The Children

Season 5

5x01: The Wars to Come |5x02: The House of Black and White | 5x03: High Sparrow | 5x04: Sons of the Harpy | 5x05: Kill the Boy | 5x06: Unbowed, Unbent and Unbroken | 5x07: The Gift | 5x08: Hardhome | 5x09: The Dance with Dragons | 5x10: Mother's Mercy

Season 6

6x01: The Red Woman | 6x02: Home | 6x03: Oathbreaker | 6x04: Book of the Stranger | 6x05: The Door | 6x06: Blood of My Blood | 6x07: The Broken Man | 6x08: No One | 6x09: Battle of the Bastards | 6x10: The Winds of Winter

Main Cast

House Stark
Ned Stark: Sean Bean (1)
Catelyn Stark: Michelle Fairley (1-3)
Robb Stark: Richard Madden (1-3)
Talisa Stark: Oona Chaplin (2-3)
Sansa Stark: Sophie Turner (1-6)
Arya Stark: Maisie Williams (1-6)
Bran Stark: Issac Hempstead Wright (1-4,6)
Rickon Stark: Art Parkinson (1-3,6)
Jon Snow: Kit Harington (1-6)

House Bolton
Roose Bolton: Michael McElhatton (2-6)
Ramsay Snow: Iwan Rheon (3-6)
Walda Bolton: Elizabeth Webster (4-6)

House Lannister
Tywin Lannister: Charles Dance (1-4, 5 cameo)
Cersei Lannister: Lena Headley (1-6)
Jaime Lannister: Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (1-6)
Tyrion Lannister: Peter Dinklage (1-6)

House Tully
Brynden Tully: Clive Russell (3,6)
Edmure Tully: Tobias Menzies (3,6)
Roslin Tully: Alexandra Dowling (3)

House Frey
Walder Frey: David Bradley (1,3,6)
Stevron Frey: Colin Carnegie (1)
Lothar Frey: Tom Brooke (3), Daniel Tuite (6)

House Arryn
Lysa Arryn: Katie Dickie (1,4)
Robin Arryn: Lino Facioli (1,4-6)

House Tarly
Randyll Tarly: James Faulkner (6)
Melessa Tarly: Samantha Spiro (6)
Talla Tarly: Rebecca Benson (6)
Dickon Tarly: Freddie Stroma (6)
Samwell Tarly: John Bradley (1-6)

House Targaryen
Viserys Targaryen: Harry Lloyd (1)
Daenerys Targaryen: Emilia Clarke (1-6)
Aemon Targaryen: Peter Vaughan (1,3-5)

House Baratheon
Robert Baratheon: Mark Addy (1)
Stannis Baratheon: Stephen Dillane (2-5)
Renly Baratheon: Gethin Anthony (1-2)
Selyse Baratheon:
Shirleen Baratheon:
Joffrey Baratheon: Jack Gleeson (1-4)
Myrcella Baratheon: Aimee Richardson (1-2) Nell Tiger Free (5)
Tommen Baratheon: Callum Wharry (1-2) Dean-Charles Chapman (4-6)

House Tyrell
Olenna Tyrell: Diana Rigg (3-6)
Mace Tyrell: Roger Ashton-Griffiths (4-6)
Alerie Tyrell:
Margaery Tyrell: Natalie Dormer (2-6)
Loras Tyrell: Finn Jones (1-6)

House Greyjoy
Balon Greyjoy: Patrick Malahide (2-3, 6)
Alannys Greyjoy:
Euron Greyjoy: Pilou Asbæk (6)
Victarion Greyjoy:
Aeron Greyjoy: Michael Feast (6)
Rodrik Greyjoy:
Maron Greyjoy:
Yara Greyjoy: Gemma Wheelan (2-4, 6)
Theon Greyjoy: Alfie Allen (1-6)

House Martell
Lewyn Martell:
Doran Martell: Alexander Siddig (5-6)
Elia Martell:
Trystane Martell: Toby Sebastian (5-6)
Oberyn Martell: Pedro Pascal (4)

House Reed
Howland Reed:
Jyana Reed:
Meera Reed: Ellie Kendrick (3-4, 6)
Jojen Reed: Thomas Brodie-Sangster (3-4)

House Mormont:
Jeor Mormont: James Cosmo (1-3)
Maege Mormont: Elizabeth Barrett (1)
Jorah Mormont: Iain Glen (1-6)
Lyanna Mormont: Bella Ramsey (6)

Free Folk (Wildlings)
Ygritte: Rose Leslie (2-4)
Gilly: Hanna Murray (4-6)
Morag: Deirdre Monaghan (4)
Osha: Natalia Tena (1-3, 6)
Rattleshirt: Edward Dogliani (2-3), Ross O'Hennessy (5)
Loboda: Zachary Baharov (5)
Craster: Robert Pugh (2-3)
Styr: Yuri Kolokolnikov (4)
Karsi: Birgitte Hjort Sørensen (5)
Orell: Mackenzie Crook (3)
Tormund: Kristofer Hivju (4-6)
Mance Rayder: Ciarán Hinds (3-5)

Night's Watch
Eddison Tollett: Ben Crompton (2-6)
Pypar: Josef Altin (1, 3-4)
Grenn: Mark Stanley (1-4)
Alliser Thorne: Owen Teale (1, 4-6)
Jaremy Rykker: Jeffrey O'Brien (1)
Waymar Royce: Rob Oslere (1)
Gared: Dermot Keaney (1)
Will: Bronson Webb (1)
Rast: Luke McEwan (1, 3-4)
Karl Tanner: Burn Gorman (3-4)
Bowen Marsh: Michael Condron (5-6)
Othell Yarwyck: Brian Fortune (1, 4-6)
Janos Slynt: Dominic Carter (1-2, 4-5)
Locke: Noah Taylor (3-4)
Dennys Mallister: JJ Murphy (5)
Qhorin: Simon Armstrong (2)
Yoren: Francis Magee (1-2)

Previous threads: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8,
"I wish I was the monster you think I am" ~ Tyrion Lannister
"I'm no lady" ~ Brienne of Tarth
Old 12-09-2016, 01:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the new thread!
Old 12-09-2016, 06:59 AM
Passionate Fan

You're welcome.

Bringing on some of the discussion on previous thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y
Ugh that sucks. But he's still alive right?
Hmmm, No idea. However, he is still alive in books. I don't know if they will do the same in TV show or they will just never mention him. I mean, House Reed is supposed to be House Stark bannerman and when Sansa and Jon went to recruit House Stark bannermen they never mentioned Howland Reed, I don't recall if they even mentioned the house itself. We won't know but if Meera by some miracle abandoned Bran and went back to her house and I don't think this will happen

Quote:
I love their first meeting in S1, when the Lannisters came to Winterfell and Tyrion's speech to Jon that he too is a bastard in his father's eyes cause he's a dwarf. Very telling scene of how similar they both can be and it's the scene I started to like Tyrion
Exactly..Both have similarities. I forgot to mention that scene tho it's important. In that scene you can see how close they are. Both were treated like scum, unwanted..They felt alone and strangers among their own families. Both had nasty nicknames being called to piss them off or to shame them. I'd liked how Tyrion advised Jon in this scene and later to take this offence and make it as a shield. Yep! after watching this scene I had decided to mark Tyrion and Jon my beloved characters. How can I not

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95
Looking forward to Jon and Tyrion being reunited again.
That will be awesome..Now Jon is not the bastard..He is the KITN and was LC and he was dead and came back What a journey.. Tyrion too has changed much, he was accused falsely of killing hsi nephew and was sentenced to death, escaped by a miracle ( aka Jaime and Varys ) and killed his own father. His sister loathed him and wanted his head. Even his brother Jaime would kill him if he saw him ( I doubt it to be honest but he is angry ) and now had joined Dany to defeat his sister and the Lannisters to put Dany on the throne. So yeah I'll wait to see that scene eagerly.

An interview with Finn Jones ( Loras Tyrell ) talking about his role season 6

and he mentioned how he thinks the war should play out..

Quote:
I think the Iron Throne will be dissolved, both physically and ideologically. A Small Council will be set up — not to take power, but to give power back. Hopefully, a more democratic and more progressive era will arise on Westeros.”
That's what we were just talking about posts ago..A new system should be set and the wheel should be broken.

And Twitter had announced that Game of Thrones was the top trending television show over the past 12 months.

Game of Thrones was the top trending TV show on Twitter for 2016
Quote:
As we near the end of 2016, organizations are starting to put together their lists of top things for the year. Twitter is one of them. According to the company’s year-end stats, Game of Thrones was the top trending television show over the past 12 months.

Game of Thrones topped both AMC’s The Walking Dead and ABC’s Grey’s Anatomy to nab to the #1 spot.

Top Trending TV Shows

#GameOfThrones
#TheWalkingDead
#GreysAnatomy
#DescendantsOfTheSun
#MasterChefbr (MasterChef Brasil)
#OITNB (Orange is the New Black)
#StrangerThings
#Empire
#TheVoice
#Bbb16 (Big Brother Brasil)
It deserves that. Best TV show I have ever seen
Old 12-09-2016, 07:33 AM
Extreme Fan

It's going to be so weird seeing characters together that have either never met or have been separated most of the show. I can't wait to see how they interect.
Old 12-09-2016, 08:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

It's just such a long time to wait. But I'm sure it will be awesome.
Old 12-09-2016, 02:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinky-Cousin (View Post)
It's going to be so weird seeing characters together that have either never met or have been separated most of the show. I can't wait to see how they interect.
Yeah I'm looking forward to it as well.
Old 12-09-2016, 09:33 PM
Moderator Manager

TFTNT Valeerena. Great start btw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valeerena (View Post)

Hmmm, No idea. However, he is still alive in books. I don't know if they will do the same in TV show or they will just never mention him. I mean, House Reed is supposed to be House Stark bannerman and when Sansa and Jon went to recruit House Stark bannermen they never mentioned Howland Reed, I don't recall if they even mentioned the house itself. We won't know but if Meera by some miracle abandoned Bran and went back to her house and I don't think this will happen

I think you're right, they might not mention him at all plus it will be easy to find out Jon's parentage through him if he was around. Plus I prefer Bran telling Jon too.

Quote:
Exactly..Both have similarities. I forgot to mention that scene tho it's important. In that scene you can see how close they are. Both were treated like scum, unwanted..They felt alone and strangers among their own families. Both had nasty nicknames being called to piss them off or to shame them. I'd liked how Tyrion advised Jon in this scene and later to take this offence and make it as a shield. Yep! after watching this scene I had decided to mark Tyrion and Jon my beloved characters. How can I not
Dany in S1 was kind of like them too. Viserys treated her like scum and he was family.

Quote:
An interview with Finn Jones ( Loras Tyrell ) talking about his role season 6

and he mentioned how he thinks the war should play out..
I like that Finn really does watch the show and have time to watch S7 as I'm sure he'll be done with shooting for Iron Fist that time.

Quote:
And Twitter had announced that Game of Thrones was the top trending television show over the past 12 months.

Game of Thrones was the top trending TV show on Twitter for 2016
It deserves that. Best TV show I have ever seen
I agree. And I expect the same for S7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinky-Cousin (View Post)
That's the beauty of the show. Some of these characters have been separated for so long that a reunion will feel so surreal. And because GoT rarely gives us happiness, reunions on the show are scarce.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 12-09-2016, 11:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I prefer Bran telling Jon as well.
Old 12-10-2016, 08:22 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
It's going to be so weird seeing characters together that have either never met or have been separated most of the show. I can't wait to see how they interect
Same..I can't wait either. It will be so exciting for all the fans.
Quote:
It's just such a long time to wait. But I'm sure it will be awesome.
I think we will get our new season in late May or early June so still 6 months left..Half a year it's long, I know but news, teasers trailers and in my case spoilers keep us attracted and excited
Quote:
TFTNT Valeerena. Great start btw
Thanks, Lindsay It's my first time to start a thread so I'm glad it went well..
Quote:
I think you're right, they might not mention him at all plus it will be easy to find out Jon's parentage through him if he was around. Plus I prefer Bran telling Jon too.
Quote:
I prefer Bran telling Jon as well.
I agree. Bran will be the one to tell Jon and i like it this way. In a recent interview with Ellie Kendrick (Meera) she herself doesn't know about her father but from books so D&D won't involve Howland Reed backstory in the TV show
Quote:
Kendrick also touches on the backstory narration she did for the Blu-ray/DVD release of season 6 for the Great Tourney at Harrenhal.

Of the side stories, I’m really intrigued by Meera and Jojen’s parentage. Who the crannogmen are, who Howland Reed is — because we haven’t really seen him. I’ve got no idea, but I hope we get to a place where we can find out more about their backstory. It’s so mysterious. And in the books, Meera has a trident and a net — that’s how she fights people — and they eat frogs, they’re like these crazy kind of characters in the books. I want to find out about the crannogmen and the weirdness going on with them.
Interview link

Quote:
Dany in S1 was kind of like them too. Viserys treated her like scum and he was family.
Yeah! Her brother abused her and she has no other family but him. Dany recovered now. She is powerful. Her dragons are her family now. She overcame being abused much better than Jon and Tyrion Thanks to her dragons.

Quote:
I like that Finn really does watch the show and have time to watch S7 as I'm sure he'll be done with shooting for Iron Fist that time
He is a big fan. He read the books and he likes the whole world. When actor likes the story itself, not just doing what's in the script, he will understand more about the character he is doing and thus he will do it perfectly.

More photos of the cast

AND KIT

Fans who live in Belfast are very lucky
Old 12-10-2016, 02:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for posting that link.
Old 12-10-2016, 09:08 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Thanks, Lindsay It's my first time to start a thread so I'm glad it went well..
Oh my gosh, really? Then I'm glad that I asked you btw. I'm a bit tired of starting threads, especially on HP where half of the threads there I probably started.

Thanks for this. I'm a bit weary reading GoT articles lately because of spoilers but thanks for quoting a part of the interview instead.

Quote:
Yeah! Her brother abused her and she has no other family but him. Dany recovered now. She is powerful. Her dragons are her family now. She overcame being abused much better than Jon and Tyrion Thanks to her dragons.
She did. Once Viserys was gone, it was much easier for her. Granted there were still a lot of pricks along the way but Viserys was the one who I think made a deeper impact on Dany emotionally cause he was her brother.

Thanks for all the photos. I also love this one with Zach Braff and his caption.

Quote:
Winter came so hard.

Old 12-10-2016, 09:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I love Zach Braff
Old 12-11-2016, 06:39 AM
Passionate Fan

^ Winter did come hard indeed . I liked the photo
Quote:
Oh my gosh, really? Then I'm glad that I asked you btw. I'm a bit tired of starting threads, especially on HP where half of the threads there I probably started.
... Feel free to ask me anytime then
Quote:
Thanks for this. I'm a bit weary reading GoT articles lately because of spoilers but thanks for quoting a part of the interview instead.
Quote:
Thanks for posting that link.
You are welcome..Don't worry usually Actors interviews don't contain spoilers and I'm trying to be careful not to spoil any thing for any one.
Quote:
She did. Once Viserys was gone, it was much easier for her. Granted there were still a lot of pricks along the way but Viserys was the one who I think made a deeper impact on Dany emotionally cause he was her brother.
Yep..He was her only family left and he just sells her like a whore and he beats her but still she has loved him because he was what she had only got. She got free and now Tyrion too after being valued by Dany and became Hand of the Queen. Jon just proved to every one he is not just Ned's bastard , he is more, he is a leader. He is the only one who can face the danger coming
Old 12-11-2016, 03:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It did haha
Old 12-11-2016, 08:15 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
... Feel free to ask me anytime then anytime then
Okay, yay! #toohappy

Quote:
Yep..He was her only family left and he just sells her like a whore and he beats her but still she has loved him because he was what she had only got. She got free and now Tyrion too after being valued by Dany and became Hand of the Queen. Jon just proved to every one he is not just Ned's bastard , he is more, he is a leader. He is the only one who can face the danger coming
The trouble is the WWs looks like they're heading for The Wall and Edd/Ghost are there. Bran & Meera seems to be heading there too.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top