Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2019, 08:11 AM
Moderator Support Team

^ I mean, I have to bec it just gross me out.. Ugh..

Same here about the credit even tho it still long..

[sigh in frustration]

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 04-20-2019, 12:12 AM
Moderator Manager

Well yes in modern day world it is gross but GOT it happens (although still taboo at Westeros). Dany's father & mother are actually brother and sister. They do this to maintain the purity of their blood line. So technically Jon is born of a non-incestuous marriage. If they marry, they're also solidifying the Targaryen blood line which I expect to happen and especially if Dany is pregnant. But I'm mostly curious as to how Jon will take this. He's raised a Stark and probably doesn't agree to incest. But if Dany is pregnant, I can see Jon saying yes to the marriage because that's how he is. Family to him is everything.

Btw, I'm not a fan of any incest on this show but I can see this happening so that the end will be both Jon/Dany ruling the 7 Kingdoms. I do prefer a different ending but we'll see.

Witness the magical sprouting of the Purple Acorns
As hopes turn into reality

Old 04-20-2019, 08:24 AM
Moderator Support Team

Dany's father and mother are brother/sister?!?!?!?

Do you know what?? I don't need to know who are relate or not bec I just can't get past by it.. But do Jon really want to get marry?? I feel like he just focus on what he needs than looking for settle down..

[sigh in frustration]

Old 04-20-2019, 09:45 AM
Elite Fan

Yes. It's a Targaryen tradition that they marry within their bloodline. While incest is frowned upon for everyone else, the Targaryens were considered to be above the rules. Dany's parents are far from the only instance of it and Dany was brought up believing that she'd marry Viserys.

Not saying I condone incest in real life but for me personally, I always try not to apply real world morals to fiction, especially if (like GoT) it takes place in a universe that's far removed real life, because they're just different things. Some things are relatable but some things aren't, a lot happens in fiction that doesn't reflect reality.

As for Jon and Dany, while I'd expect Jon to more likely have a problem with the incest factor, it seems to me that the bigger issue they're setting up here is how this affects claim to the throne. Because I don't think Dany would be as willing to bend the knee as Jon was. But I also, and I swear I'm not basing this on anything other than my own opinion, wouldn't be surprised if one of them dies. If that were to happen, marriage wouldn't be an issue
Old 04-21-2019, 12:19 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly me to the moon (View Post)
Do you know what?? I don't need to know who are relate or not bec I just can't get past by it.. But do Jon really want to get marry?? I feel like he just focus on what he needs than looking for settle down..
Yes, I feel like he'll want to defeat the Night King first before even thinking of settling down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue winter roses (View Post)
As for Jon and Dany, while I'd expect Jon to more likely have a problem with the incest factor, it seems to me that the bigger issue they're setting up here is how this affects claim to the throne. Because I don't think Dany would be as willing to bend the knee as Jon was. But I also, and I swear I'm not basing this on anything other than my own opinion, wouldn't be surprised if one of them dies. If that were to happen, marriage wouldn't be an issue
Same. It's an alternate ending I also have in mind apart from the usual one of Jon/Dany getting married and ruling together. (Personally I think Jon will die. I've always thought his character is a tragic one even without the dying and going back to life part.)

Old 04-21-2019, 10:12 AM
Moderator Support Team

^ Yeah.. That's right..

Quote:
Yes. It's a Targaryen tradition that they marry within their bloodline. While incest is frowned upon for everyone else, the Targaryens were considered to be above the rules. Dany's parents are far from the only instance of it and Dany was brought up believing that she'd marry Viserys.

Not saying I condone incest in real life but for me personally, I always try not to apply real world morals to fiction, especially if (like GoT) it takes place in a universe that's far removed real life, because they're just different things. Some things are relatable but some things aren't, a lot happens in fiction that doesn't reflect reality.

You are totally are right that I always keep it in my mind that I always keep apart from the show and the reality, but still gross to knowing now after both you and Lindsay say about Targaryen.. Very, very interesting.. Hmm..

But yeah, I'm w/ you about Jon part since I just have feeling that he wouldn't go that far for her.. I mean, let see how it play out.. I really hope..

[sigh in frustration]

Old 04-21-2019, 11:53 AM
Loyal Fan

It's not real. I don't have a problem with it. haha
Old 04-21-2019, 11:00 PM
Moderator Manager

I like the ep. It's slow yes but I think that'll be the last ep we'll see everyone alive.

That scene with Jaime was wonderful. He was close to being torched by the dragons, I think. I expected Dany to be furious with him of course. And good thing Tyrion knows that no Lannister army is coming. Speaking of Jaime, I love all his scenes in this ep: Bran forgiving him and all his scenes with Brienne & Tyrion.

Good to know that Edd, Tormund and Beric came just in time to warn Jon that the WWs are very near. It was sooooo good to see Ghost in a scene with Edd, Jon & Sam.

That scene of Tyrion, Brienne, Jaime, Pod, Davos & Tormund was really good. Just all of them drinking wine and spending what was going to be, I'm sure, the last night that they can just chill and relax. I love that Jaime knighted Brienne.

Arya & Gendry though! I did not expect that but what a way to spend your night if that's gonna be the last night you'll be alive so THUMBS UP for me.

Sansa asking "What happens to the North?" and Dany not giving an answer but just releasing her hold on her was frustrating because the show has been giving us all these throwaway and unanswered questions since the 1st ep and all we can do is just speculate about it.

Jon avoided Dany all the time in this ep, as expected. He did tell her eventually at the crypt and Dany's reaction was expected. The ep ending with the WWs and the Night King arriving was an ARGH moment really. I also felt like they didn't prepare so much? But alas everything is rushed so okay. I can't wait for the next ep already.

Old 04-22-2019, 01:02 AM
Total Fan

Loved the reunion between Jon, Sam, Edd, and Ghost. Those crow bros have come such a long way. Glad they remembered Pyp and Grenn too.

The fireplace drinking party scenes were all great! So many good moments with that unlikely group of characters. After watching those The Cast Remembers videos on YT, I imagine it must've been emotional for the cast too.

Happy we got to see Lyanna and Jorah interact. Nice moment between Jorah and Sam too, with the sword and the talk about Jeor. I'd love to see Lyanna and Arya meet.

Podrick can fight now! And he looks hot! And Daniel got to sing! The only way the Podrick/Tyrion reunion could've been better is if Bronn was there too.
Old 04-22-2019, 09:04 AM
Elite Fan

I loved Brienne vouching for Jaime, then Jaime later knighting her. But I can't help it, Tormund with Brienne always makes me laugh too.

It's been a long time since I've been excited over a ship, I was just hoping for maybe more explicit flirting for Arya/Gendry. Just gonna enjoy this while I can...

Ghost!

I'm glad Dany heard the truth about Jon's parentage, even if she's questioning it right now. I can understand that, at the moment she's only hearing it, but I knew that conflict was going to be about claim to the throne above all else. I'm also really glad Sansa had earlier pressed the issue about the North.

Last edited by blue winter roses; 04-22-2019 at 12:06 PM
Old 04-22-2019, 01:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

After last nights events. I think Jamie Lannister is going to die. Why?

Because:

He's finally welcomed at Winterfell amid concerns, plus he sees Bran and is forgiven for what he did and then he Knights Brienne who he pledges to fight under. So I feel like he's going to die now that he's in essence, redeemed himself. He can die knowing he did right at the end.
Old 04-22-2019, 02:19 PM
Total Fan

I like the theory that Jaime is the Valonqar, so I hope he manages to see Cersei one last time before he dies.
Old 04-22-2019, 11:30 PM
Moderator Manager

I forgot to mention Davos and seeing that little girl. Of course who else will she remind us of?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mori (View Post)
Happy we got to see Lyanna and Jorah interact. Nice moment between Jorah and Sam too, with the sword and the talk about Jeor. I'd love to see Lyanna and Arya meet.
Where was Lyanna going? Or was she just preparing to fight (she was wearing armor)?

Quote:
It's been a long time since I've been excited over a ship, I was just hoping for maybe more explicit flirting for Arya/Gendry. Just gonna enjoy this while I can...
I love how Arya was showing off her knife throwing skills.

Quote:
I'm glad Dany heard the truth about Jon's parentage, even if she's questioning it right now. I can understand that, at the moment she's only hearing it, but I knew that conflict was going to be about claim to the throne above all else. I'm also really glad Sansa had earlier pressed the issue about the North.
Sansa asking the real questions now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi||iê Måë (View Post)
After last nights events. I think Jamie Lannister is going to die. Why?

Because:

He's finally welcomed at Winterfell amid concerns, plus he sees Bran and is forgiven for what he did and then he Knights Brienne who he pledges to fight under. So I feel like he's going to die now that he's in essence, redeemed himself. He can die knowing he did right at the end.
This is what I feel about Theon too. All these great redemption arcs but only for them to die anyway. Plus there's also Bran's "How do you know if there's an afterwards?" question to Jaime was eerie and made me scared for his Jaime's fate.

Old 04-23-2019, 12:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Xo, Kitty

I dont even watch this show but GENDY/ARYA YASSSSSS. I ship it. lol.

I need to start this show from the beginning. I did watch season 1 was back in the day but I didnt pay much attention to it. I need to give it another chance.
Old 04-23-2019, 04:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Watching the episode right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
I dont even watch this show but GENDY/ARYA YASSSSSS. I ship it. lol.

I need to start this show from the beginning. I did watch season 1 was back in the day but I didnt pay much attention to it. I need to give it another chance.
Hopefully you can watch the show soon
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top