Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2015, 07:32 AM
Dedicated Fan

I really appreciate Sherri Shaum's hair in that photo and changed it. If we like something better later, just let me know...but at least Jude is in there now!

Watching: Longmire Season 4...YES!
Old 03-30-2015, 02:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

can you maybe add a

"The Fosters Appreciation Thread" to the intro, or even just "The Fosters"?

with the new photo it looks a little bare up there.

hopefully well get a new promo pic for the upcoming season.
Old 03-30-2015, 05:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The age of consent in California is 18. My friends would tell joke when we're 17 and if we or are significant others were just a year older would they get arrested. In all seriousness I do think it's innapropriate for someone in the mid twenties to date a sixteen year old. However, unfortunately thr Fosters is on a network where on a other show its otp is teacher/student
Old 03-30-2015, 09:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
However, unfortunately thr Fosters is on a network where on a other show its otp is teacher/student
Your talking about Pretty Little Liars I believe. I also find that issue troubling not just because of age but because of the position of power that a teacher would hold over a student.

Let's look at the position of power. One could say that Robert had no real power over Callie. Sure he is her father but never knew her. Then he was giving a choice when she came to him for help. Did he manipulate that situation? Did he use his new power over her to try and separate her from her potential foster parents? Or was he truly just trying to look out for both Callie and Steph in this legal matter?
Old 03-30-2015, 09:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

yeah and thats pretty gross.

bottom line, its wrong.

i just saw the finale, loved it. loved the jonnor stuff. the dance was kinda cheesey, as if m could do that all on her own.

but i liked that robert signed the papers. aww.
Old 03-30-2015, 10:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tell me a lie (View Post)
. the dance was kinda cheesey, as if m could do that all on her own.
I agree but it was great to see Marina pull it together over the other team. Sure she has been great at math but to pull this off. She must have had help. I mean before learning she was so smart we never really saw her take interest in computer science I believe.

Quote:
but i liked that robert signed the papers. aww.
I really felt bad for Robert. He just found his first daughter and she wants nothing to do with him. She would even go so far as to get herself emancipated to get away from him. If I was him I would be full on tears after that.
Old 03-30-2015, 11:10 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
The age of consent in California is 18. My friends would tell joke when we're 17 and if we or are significant others were just a year older would they get arrested. In all seriousness I do think it's innapropriate for someone in the mid twenties to date a sixteen year old. However, unfortunately thr Fosters is on a network where on a other show its otp is teacher/student
A friend of mine told me a few weeks ago about the 7 year rule as in divide your age by 2 and add 7 years and that is the lowest appropriate age to date. Since I'm 35 that would be 25. I don't think there is anything wrong with dating someone younger than that, I just wouldn't do as we are two different places in our lives.

When it comes to sex, I think it is up to the two people having it, regardless of age, gender or family status. If they both consent to the act, then I have no problem with it, which is why I have such an issue with the concept of "age of consent" because that varies a lot - from state to state, country to country but most importantly from person to person.

It's not that I have a problem with the law (AOC) or laws in general, but I think the application of them is wrong and illogical. I'll give you an example, Traffic Lights. They are there to direct traffic so we avoid as many accidents as possible. The law says (universal) that you can't run a red light, but is that always true? What if there is no other vehicles on the road at that time? Isn't it silly to just sit there because a red light is on? In the TV show "Last Man On Earth", the seemingly last guy finds another survivor - a woman - and she yells at him for running stop signs and red lights because of the law. Now we can agree that is pretty silly when there are literally no other people around.

The problem is that how to you judge when a law has to be enforced or not? That's why we have judges imo. To look at the individual case as judge based on that particular case with all it's context and not just follow a rule book.
Old 03-30-2015, 11:33 PM
Banned

The problem with consent is that we as a society can not agree on when children stop being children and start being adults. In the US it is very complex. I mean you can vote at 18 but not drink until 21. I mean you can die for your country before that country allows you to take a drink.

What age is right for sex? The answer is there is none. It isn't really about age, it's more about maturity. I mean years ago 13 year old girl were marrying 30 year old men. While this system was very sexist towards females. It holds true that we are still just animals based on those instincts to mate with the most fertile and most capable of protecting or providing for us.

Still we are not animals, we have made laws, civilization etc.. We just can't agree on a proper age. We say that girls become women when they have their periods. They step into womanhood. For man at what point is that?

Still this only applies to The Fosters when we think of the rape or possible rape in some minds of Brandon. We all agree that Callie was raped because she was forced.

It is that force that we all agree is wrong.
Old 04-01-2015, 01:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think rape is when someone forces you either physically or in supernatural shows by heart or mind. Or if a 30 dates a 13 year old

statuetory rape Is a bit complex. I think it's fine when your 16-17 to date a 18-19 year old. However, I don't think they should date people over 22 unless their cautious cause there's a big power dynamic. I think when your 18 you can date someone as old as you want.
Old 04-01-2015, 01:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

people shouldn't be allowed to have sex until they are 21.

considering sex leads to innocent babies being born there really should be a law about that.

your brain doesnt finish developing until your 20s so yeah.....
Old 04-01-2015, 02:36 AM
New Fan

Quote:
people shouldn't be allowed to have sex until they are 21.

considering sex leads to innocent babies being born there really should be a law about that.

your brain doesnt finish developing until your 20s so yeah.....
Sex can lead to "innocent babbies" but there is contraception and people can also abort the fetus as well if they are not emotionally/economically prepared to bare the burden of a child.

Also, June cannot come close enough! I need to see what they do with the Jude and Connor relationship. Are they going to be cliche with it or will they continue with a trend of actually making a relationship that mimics real life.

Too many times have I watched other shows, ruin a relationship by the most mundane and stupid actions of one person or the other. I honestly hope they keep these two actors together and allow their chemistry to grow with each other.
Old 04-01-2015, 05:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotgame911 (View Post)
Sex can lead to "innocent babbies" but there is contraception and people can also abort the fetus as well if they are not emotionally/economically prepared to bare the burden of a child.
Actually that is not true. At least not in the US. A female can choose to abort the fetus due to those reasons. A male still has no choice and can be held accountable no matter if he is prepared emotionally/economically to bare the burden of a child. Sometimes even if he is not even biologically the father of the child. A man in Michigan right now is in legal trouble because he owes child support to a child that has been DNA proven not to be his own.

I am not saying that a woman shouldn't have a right to her own body. I am just saying that there should be an option no matter what she chooses for a man to opt out if he is not emotionally/economically prepared to bare the burden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotgame911 (View Post)
Too many times have I watched other shows, ruin a relationship by the most mundane and stupid actions of one person or the other. I honestly hope they keep these two actors together and allow their chemistry to grow with each other.
Well, Connor said he was gay. Did Jude actually say that he was? I can't really recall if he identified as gay. Also remember they are children going through puberty. Their attraction can change. At some point Jude might find himself attracted to a female.
Old 04-01-2015, 12:45 PM
Ultimate Fan

Spoiler:

I also put this in the spoiler thread.
Old 04-01-2015, 04:24 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subject (View Post)
Well, Connor said he was gay. Did Jude actually say that he was? I can't really recall if he identified as gay. Also remember they are children going through puberty. Their attraction can change. At some point Jude might find himself attracted to a female.
It would be kinda weird if they did do that since Jude did say Connor is his boyfriend. It would be kinda odd to do a 180.
Old 04-01-2015, 08:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

i cant see jude being attracted to a female. he hasn't seemed to take any interest in any. which is why i was kind of hoping that connor would be bi and jude would be gay. but oh well.

Quote:
if birth control were accessible to people under 17 (is that the age they need to be?) then maybe. but a lot of teens are probably too scared to ask their parents for it and you need consent. condoms are fine but its better to be on the pill. and a lot of the time teenagers are not responsible enough to think about birth control period, or, a lot of males don't like to use condoms. so IMO they aren't mature enough to handle sex.

Quote:
I am not saying that a woman shouldn't have a right to her own body. I am just saying that there should be an option no matter what she chooses for a man to opt out if he is not emotionally/economically prepared to bare the burden.
i don't really want to get into an argument about this but honestly, if you are going to be having sex then you need to understand theres a chance you could conceive a child. every man should have to take responsibility for his kid. which is why i say it should be illegal to have sex until at least 18.

why does a man get to opt out but a women doesnt? having an abortion is a lot more traumatic on a women then it is for a guy just to walk away.

in either case, the consequence of having sex is getting pregnant, so if you don't want a baby then DONT HAVE SEX.

its easy to slip up. either not take your pills correctly, or in the heat of the moment (or too drunk to think straight) and you don't use a condom -and teenagers are probably even less careful.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top