Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2013, 06:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

I`m glad that TPTB are keeping the info on Liam secret, because i want it to be slowly revealed until he enters the pictures.

Also here are some great new pics of Maia in Miabella Magazine along with some gifs of Stef/Lena and Wyatt/Callie.

Maia looks very stunningly beautiful and extra lovely in these pics. She is one of the ladies that you can`t help but fall for.

You have a friend?

What is Family?

I like know what everyone thinks of Wyatt and Callie? Personally i think that they have some potential as friends. While i`m a diehard Brallie shipper, i`m pretty open to seeing Callie spending some time with Wyatt, because it would be nice to see her with people that she feels comfortable enough to get out of the shell she`s usually in around the Fosters, although it looks like Wyatt could get Callie in some trouble. Plus there`s always the potential for Brandon being jealous, which would make it a lot of fun to watch.
Old 06-28-2013, 06:45 PM
Dedicated Fan

I accidentally missed three episodes of this show due to being busy with life/unintentionally forgetting about the series. I finally caught up last night by watching the three eps on On Demand. Each episode has deepened my love for the series. Not to mention that the notion of Liam captured my interest.

A few posters mentioned that they didn't see chemistry between Lena and Stef. I respectfully disagree. I think Lena and Stef have a tender and affectionate relationship (thus far anyway). That affection feels natural to me, but I agree with Hot Rod about Stef being restrained with Lena to an extent. Perhaps that will change as the show progresses.

I'm enjoying Lexi/Jesus and Callie/Brandon. It's so obvious that Brandon has feelings for Callie. Lexi/Jesus are very passionate and clearly infatuated with each other.

Jesus made a good point about Mariana's selfish behavior toward her moms in the quinceaƱera episode. Luckily Mariana apologized to Lena and Stef at the end and realized the error of her ways. I watched the sneak peaks of the fifth episode, and Mariana's selfish behavior is consistent. I totally understand why people find her character annoying, but I feel that she has her good moments from time to time too. Overall, I'd like to see her act less self-absorbed.

Jesus is incredibly selfless. I love his character so far. The same goes for Brandon. He's had some awesome character development. His argument with Stef showed that he's more than the golden son which was great.

As I've already mentioned, I'm interested in discovering more about Liam and his role in Callie's life and past.

I agree with Hot Rod about Wyatt. I can see him becoming Callie's friend and having a negative influence on her. Looks like we'll see more interaction between them in the next episode. And we'll see Jealous!Brandon too.

Fans of The Fosters: Please visit the Stef/Lena Appreciation Thread: Here

Icon by Fyeahthefosters tumblr.

Last edited by brighterthansunshine4740; 06-28-2013 at 07:32 PM
Old 06-28-2013, 06:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Taylor Swift

^ welcome
Old 06-28-2013, 07:32 PM
Dedicated Fan

Thank you very much.

Old 06-28-2013, 08:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

We`re very happy that you caught up on the show and love it even more than ever. My love for the show has also deepened with each episode.

In regards to Jesus/Lexi and Brandon/Callie, i love both couples and have enjoyed watching them, especially with the contrast between them. Jesus and Lexi obviously has liked each other for a while and all of the tension between has come out with their bathroom hookups, while Brandon and Callie has more of an innocence about it with them having some great moments like their jamming session. However it did taken a more torrid turn in the last episode, starting with the dance rehearsal, which is one of those perfectly done scenes where the actors` actions spoke volumes.

As for Mariana, i can understand people being unhappy with her selfishness and i`m among them. I think that TPTB has written her like this to show how a lot of girls at that age act. However we`ve seen some hints of depth with Mariana in the Pilot when she contacted and met her biological mother Ana. It`s pretty obvious that Mariana feels a pull toward Ana and wants to do what she can to help her. In contrast, Jesus still is very angry at her for abandoning him and Mariana. I hope that we`ll get to see the twins` relationship with Ana explored more, because i think that it has a ton of potential for some great emotional stuff and would greatly add a lot of depth with Jesus and Mariana.

I also love Brandon and Jesus`s selflessness, which is proof of their moms` great influence. Jesus` reason for taking the fall for Mariana obviously showed that he still has some emotional scars from the past and felt his protective instincts kick in. As for Brandon, i have enjoyed seeing how much he has developed. His argument with Stef showed that he`s not afraid to fight for what he believes in, which is something that we should keep in mind.

Also i can`t believe that i forgot to mention Mike in the last episode. It`s pretty obvious that he has a lot of sadness in his life as we saw with his conversation with Brandon. The divorce has slowly taken a toll on him and it`s starting to hit him more with Brandon getting older and getting closer to adulthood. I hope that we`ll get to see this explored. It would be nice to see more father/son moments with Mike and Brandon, especially if Brandon brings up Callie.

As for Liam, he has become that unknown character whose mysterious unseen presence has all of us very intrigued and wanting to know more about him. It`s very obvious from how Callie and Jude`s reactions whenever he is mentioned that things with him was very complicated to say the least. I really can`t wait to see it explored more, especially when Liam enters the picture down the road.

Lastly here`s a great new fanvid devoted to the cast.

Old 06-28-2013, 08:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Taylor Swift

Yes I love this show too.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:42 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Rod (View Post)
We`re very happy that you caught up on the show and love it even more than ever. My love for the show has also deepened with each episode.
Thank you! I'm glad that your love for the show has also deepened with each episode.

Quote:
In regards to Jesus/Lexi and Brandon/Callie, i love both couples and have enjoyed watching them, especially with the contrast between them. Jesus and Lexi obviously has liked each other for a while and all of the tension between has come out with their bathroom hookups, while Brandon and Callie has more of an innocence about it with them having some great moments like their jamming session.
Same here! Great point about the contrast between the couples. I feel the same way you do: Jesus and Lexi did have a lot of tension during the bathroom hookups and at Mariana's quinceaƱera. Although, they also had more of a tender moment toward the end of that episode when Jesus told Lexi that she wasn't going to leave the party without dancing with him first. I "awwed" during that scene. I agree about Brandon and Callie. Overall, their bond has a lot more innocent particularly during the scene that you mentioned. I like that about B & C because I can be a sucker for that dynamic.

Good point about the dance rehearsal. That scene was hot and the actors' actions and facial expressions contributed to that.

I agree with your reasoning for the way Mariana's character has been written. Your point about the hints at her depth is spot on. I like the contrast between her eagerness to get to know her birth mom and Jesus' anger. I find Jesus' feelings relatable. And I'm anxious to see more of Mariana's depth via her relationship with Ana. Then there are the scenes where she's sweet with her moms and Callie on occasion. I'd like to see more scenes with Mariana and Callie relating and getting along.

Quote:
I hope that we`ll get to see the twins` relationship with Ana explored more, because i think that it has a ton of potential for some great emotional stuff and would greatly add a lot of depth with Jesus and Mariana.
I'm with you about Brandon's development! You're right about how his fight with Stef showed that he stood up for what he believes in. I like your insights about Jesus' emotional scars as well.

I'd like to see Mike more frequently too, especially since we've seen glimpses of his emotional turmoil. I felt bad for Mike after Brandon told him that he couldn't move in with him, but Mike took it really well. David Lambert's acting during that scene was amazing! His eyes were glassy and it looked like he was really present/in the moment. So much emotion. I also want more father/son moments.

Yeah! There are hints that Liam's presence made Callie's life complicated. He left an impact on her that's for sure. Hence why I'm eager to learn more about him.

Old 06-29-2013, 09:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

I love how we can really go in depth in discussing and dissecting the show and it`s characters. I can`t wait to do more of it after Monday`s episode, which can`t get here soon enough.

Also ABC Family will have a marathon of the previous episodes on Monday, starting at 3 pm EDT. I hope that everyone will be sure to watch it, which i plan on doing. BTW i`ve watched the last episode for the third and fourth times yesterday and plan on watching it at least 3-4 more times this weekend. I`ve become so addicted to the show that is an obsession.

Lastly here are some great new gifs of Maia, Cierra and Bianca Santos (Lexi) on the set.

BALLIE FEELS

Old 06-29-2013, 09:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Some really great discussion going on here. I really like the contrast between the couples as well. I think Brandon/Callie have more to overcome because its pretty well known in counselling circles that inter-foster home dating can jeopardize a chance for a foster kid to be adopted and him some cases they are taken out of the home. So I can see Stef and Lena being against the union for that purpose and it will be interesting to see how the show works around this hurdle and I think it can provide some emotional poignancy. As for Jesus/Lexi they are a little more typical. They are kids that have known each other for ages and prob have had latent feelings for a long time. I'm glad that they aren't letting mariana's resistance stop them from being together. While Mariana is being selfish I can understand it because she is so young and in a way she sees Lexi as hers adn at that age there is a resistance to share, but like others have said she has shown moments of depth. Watching her grown will definitely be an interesting arc.

Another thing I loved about the last episode is how they addressed colorism in such a realistic fashion. Neither Lena nor her mother were seen as totally in the wrong because its a complex issue that affect african american women. Lena's mom went through a lot of hardships that Lena may not have experienced but on the otherside of the coin, she doesn't know whats its like to be a lesbian and to not really feel like you fit with black folks or white folks. Such an interesting and realistic way to deal with the issue with neither party looking like the villain.
Old 06-29-2013, 10:14 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I love how we can really go in depth in discussing and dissecting the show and it`s characters. I can`t wait to do more of it after Monday`s episode, which can`t get here soon enough.
I agree! It's fun to analyze and discuss this show. I can't wait to dissect the show more too and I'm equally as anxious for Monday.

By the way, what'd you think of David's acting in the scene where Brandon told Mike that he couldn't move in with him? Did you also think David's performance was great? Or did you have a different perspective on his acting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
Some really great discussion going on here. I really like the contrast between the couples as well. I think Brandon/Callie have more to overcome because its pretty well known in counselling circles that inter-foster home dating can jeopardize a chance for a foster kid to be adopted and him some cases they are taken out of the home. So I can see Stef and Lena being against the union for that purpose and it will be interesting to see how the show works around this hurdle and I think it can provide some emotional poignancy. As for Jesus/Lexi they are a little more typical. They are kids that have known each other for ages and prob have had latent feelings for a long time. I'm glad that they aren't letting mariana's resistance stop them from being together. While Mariana is being selfish I can understand it because she is so young and in a way she sees Lexi as hers adn at that age there is a resistance to share, but like others have said she has shown moments of depth. Watching her grown will definitely be an interesting arc.
Stef and Lena would definitely have issues with a Callie/Brandon union for the reason that you mentioned, especially if it jeopardized Callie's adoption if Stef and Lena changed their mind(s) and chose to adopt she and Jude after all. I like your thoughts about Jesus and Lexi. The same goes for Mariana's feelings. I can understand Mariana's feelings too. She clearly views Lexi as her friend and like you said, isn't eager to share her with Jesus. I'm also glad that that isn't stopping Lexi and Jesus from being together though. I can't wait to see Mariana grow too.

Quote:
Another thing I loved about the last episode is how they addressed colorism in such a realistic fashion. Neither Lena nor her mother were seen as totally in the wrong because its a complex issue that affect african american women. Lena's mom went through a lot of hardships that Lena may not have experienced but on the otherside of the coin, she doesn't know whats its like to be a lesbian and to not really feel like you fit with black folks or white folks. Such an interesting and realistic way to deal with the issue with neither party looking like the villain.
I loved that as well. I also thought the matter was addressed realistically and agree that neither Lena nor her mother were wrong. The moment that stood out to me was when Lena's mother told Lena that she couldn't relate to being a black woman in America. I questioned that to an extent. It's true that Lena's skin is lighter than her mother's, but there's still a chance that she experienced racism too since she isn't fully Caucasian. Being biracial sounds challenging in its own regard for reasons that Lena mentioned: she didn't feel fully accepted by either racial community. Good point about how her sexuality made Lena feel isolated as well.

Old 06-29-2013, 10:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

You make some excellent points there.

I agree with you on Brandon and Callie having a lot more to overcome. Along with the rules against foster siblings getting together, i can definitely see this causing internal torment with them. Brandon is the eldest brother and defacto man of the house and is look upon by Stef and Lena to set an example for his younger siblings. However we`ve seen that he`s not afraid to fight for what believes in, but at the same time, i can see him really struggling. The stakes are even higher for Callie, who wants to get herself and Jude some much needed stability in their lives, even if it means sacrificing her happiness with Brandon to do so.

As for Lena and her mother`s discussion, i touched on it earlier and thought that it was an excellent way to explore a very realistic topic that a lot of people can relate to. I love how intelligently it was done with both ladies making excellent points. Even though Lena and her mother`s struggles were different, but in a way are similar.

Quote:
By the way, what'd you think of David's acting in the scene where Brandon told Mike that he couldn't move in with him? Did you also think David's performance was great? Or did you have a different perspective on his acting?
David was absolutely amazing in that scene. He did such a great job of conveying Brandon`s internal struggle and showing the affects that his parents` divorce still has on him. It was also a very realistic topic that i think a lot of people who were caught in the middle with their parents after a divorce can relate to.
Old 06-29-2013, 10:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
As for Lena and her mother`s discussion, i touched on it earlier and thought that it was an excellent way to explore a very realistic topic that a lot of people can relate to. I love how intelligently it was done with both ladies making excellent points. Even though Lena and her mother`s struggles were different, but in a way are similar.
I totally agree. It was particularly poignmant for me as a multi-racial woman. My sister is much lighter than I am and that was a source of a lot jealousy growing up. It was nice to see some of the issues that I've dealt with depicted on TV.

Quote:
The moment that stood out to me was when Lena's mother told Lena that she couldn't relate to being a black woman in America. I questioned that to an extent. It's true that Lena's skin is lighter than her mother's, but there's still a chance that she experienced racism too since she isn't fully Caucasian. Being biracial sounds challenging in its own regard for reasons that Lena mentioned: she didn't feel fully accepted by either racial community.
I didn't totally agree with Lena's mother. It's what I loved about that moment. Both women were right just in different ways.

I thought David's acting was amazing in that scene where he told his father he wasn't going to move in. You saw how much he hated the idea of breaking his fathers heart.
Old 06-29-2013, 11:18 AM
Dedicated Fan

^ Great points about the struggles that Brandon and Callie would face by suppressing their feelings. You're dead on about Callie. She'd have to be self-sacrificing because of Jude and her realization that their stability is important as you said.

Quote:

David was absolutely amazing in that scene. He did such a great job of conveying Brandon`s internal struggle and showing the affects that his parents` divorce still has on him. It was also a very realistic topic that i think a lot of people who were caught in the middle with their parents after a divorce can relate to.
Heck yes! The topic of colorism was explored with a lot of intelligence and sensitivity.

Yay! I'm glad we're on the same page about David's acting. He (David) portrayed Brandon's internal struggle very well like you said. And I agree about how his emotions communicated the affects of Stef and Mike's divorce. Yep. A lot of people can relate to feeling caught in the middle of a divorce unless the child is emotionally closer to one parent. For instance, I'm closer to my mom, so I never felt caught in between my mother and my father before, during, or after their divorce. I just wanted to be away from fighting and yelling parents and to see my mom feel happy and calm.

Quote:
I totally agree. It was particularly poignmant for me as a multi-racial woman. My sister is much lighter than I am and that was a source of a lot jealousy growing up. It was nice to see some of the issues that I've dealt with depicted on TV.

I didn't totally agree with Lena's mother. It's what I loved about that moment. Both women were right just in different ways.

I thought David's acting was amazing in that scene where he told his father he wasn't going to move in. You saw how much he hated the idea of breaking his fathers heart.
It's good that that scene was poignant and meaningful for you because of your personal experiences. The situation that you faced while growing up sounded difficult.

Agreed. That's what I loved about the moment as well.

I know, right? You could see the pain and worry in his eyes and his facial expression.

Hot Rod, where can I find some Fosters icons? I'd like to change my avatar and I'm having a hard time locating Fosters icons online. I'd like an avatar of Lena and Stef.

Old 06-29-2013, 11:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

Here are some of the first icons for the show i`ve found, which includes a Stef/Lena icon. I hope you can resize it so that you can use it here. Plus i`ll be looking around for some more icons for the show and it`s actors. In fact here are some icons of Jake.
Old 06-29-2013, 11:30 PM
Dedicated Fan

Thanks for the links. I easily resized the Stef/Lena icon and now I'm using it. I liked the Jake icons too.

I rewatched the quinceaƱera episode earlier and caught some of the details that you guys mentioned that I hadn't noticed before. It's always fun to rewatch an episode of a show or a film and spot details that you didn't notice the first time. I also rewatched episode two with my mom so she'll be current with the episodes by the time Monday rolls around. She needs to finish the third episode though. We'll do that tomorrow. I'm glad that I'm getting my mom into this show!

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top