Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2017, 12:58 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
whether it's the handmaid's tale or feud, much has been made of these shows' relevance in today's political climate. How would they have landed differently if hillary clinton were president?

Jessica lange (feud: Bette and joan, fx)
we started shooting in september, before the election, and ryan [murphy, the showrunner] said he was thinking, "well, we'll make this piece about misogyny, sexism, ageism, all of this, but come the beginning of the year, it might just be ironic." but of course …

moss it wasn't …

lange no, we took a different turn, and i think it's more relevant now than it could have possibly been at any other time. I don't think we've ever seen this much misogyny, this much sexism, and i think the fact that we have this story that is set in a particular period, but obviously hollywood in the 1960s, is just a microcosm of the greater atmosphere that we are all living through now.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

L i N d $ @ y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 06:34 PM
Master Fan

LightYears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 08:56 PM
Moderator Manager

I hope both Susan & Jessica get Emmy nods for their roles on this show.

Old 06-23-2017, 09:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm sure that they will.
stlavin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 11:52 PM
Moderator Manager

Congrats on the TCA nomination!

Old 06-24-2017, 12:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Well deserved
Old 06-26-2017, 08:54 PM
Moderator Manager

I wouldn't be surprised if the show gets some Emmy noms.

Old 06-30-2017, 08:30 PM
Moderator Manager

OMG.

Quote:
On the eve of her 101st birthday, Olivia de Havilland is serving FX with a gift of her own — a lawsuit.

The actress is suing the network, along with Ryan Murphy Productions, over her portrayal in “Feud,” saying that it paints her in a false light, according to court documents obtained by Variety. The lawsuit claims that “Feud” “puts words in the mouth of Miss de Havilland which are inaccurate and contrary to the reputation she has built.”

Catherine Zeta-Jones portrayed de Havilland in the anthology series. The lawsuit argues that de Havilland has built a reputation of integrity for herself, and refrains from gossip. The series, however, paints an opposing picture.

While de Havilland remains the only person alive who experienced the events surrounding the titular feud — Bette Davis and Joan Crawford died in 1989 and 1977, respectively — the suit says that no one consulted her for the series. The documents point to the opening scene of the series, which depicts an interview with de Havilland where she gossips about Davis and Crawford, noting that FX “promoted and advertised that ‘Feud’ was intentionally designed to look as if it was reality.”

“In fact, all statement made by Zeta-Jones as Olivia de Havilland in this fake interview are completely false, some inherently so; others false because they were never said. Such an interview never occurred,” reads the suit, accusing the production of putting “false words” into de Havilland’s mouth.

It also points to “Feud’s” portrayal of de Havilland’s relationship with her sister, Joan Fontaine, “again demeaning her reputation for being a lady in the face of unfair and untrue personal attacks.”

“For example, in the fifth segment of ‘Feud,’ ‘And the Winner Is… (The Oscars of 1963),’ Zeta-Jones’ Havilland refers to Joan Fontaine as her ‘bitch sister,’ an offensive term that stands in stark contrast with Olivia de Havilland’s reputation for good manners, class, and kindess,” it says, maintaining that the actress “did not, and does not, engage in such vulgarity.”

She is suing for common law right of publicity, statutory right of publicity, unjust enrichment, and invasion of privacy. In addition to emotional distress damages, she is seeking profits gained by FX for the use of her likeness, and for a permanent injunction barring FX from continuing to use her likeness.

FX had no comment. Variety has reached out to reps for Murphy and Zeta-Jones along with the studio.

Old 06-30-2017, 09:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Interesting news Wonder if it will actually go to court or not.
Old 07-04-2017, 07:20 PM
Moderator Manager

Overall I like the show. It started out really slow for me but picked up towards the middle and from then on, I liked all the episodes especially that wonderful finale.

Old 07-05-2017, 12:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

^ I felt it got better as the show went on too.
Old 07-05-2017, 09:01 PM
Moderator Manager

Crossing my fingers for an Emmy nom for Jessica Lange.

Old 07-06-2017, 12:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

She definitely deserves one When do they get announced?
Old 07-06-2017, 07:48 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
She definitely deserves one When do they get announced?
Next week, Thursday. Good luck to her!

Snippet:

Quote:
When Jackie Hoffman got the part of Mamacita, Joan Crawford's (Jessica Lange) maid on Feud: Bette and Joan, she had a few concerns.
"Of course I'm an actress and I think about petty things like screen time and a limited role and how many episodes will I be in and how long will I be in L.A. Do I rent?" Hoffman tells TVGuide.com with a laugh. "I said to my agent early on, 'I'm gonna be sitting on my ass for three months and I'll say, 'Yes, ma'am,' and open a door.' And they said, 'Probably!'"

She did those things -- and more. A living embodiment of the ol' "There are no small parts, only small actors," the longtime character actress made maximum impact with minimal screen time as Joan's tightly wound right-hand woman. Stern, loyal and as quick with a zinger as she is with a curt reply, Mamacita was an indispensable part of Joan's life -- and as it soon became apparent to Ryan Murphy & Co. during production, to the show as well.

Hoffman, who previously appeared in Murphy's The New Normal and is currently starring in Broadway's Charlie & the Chocolate Factory, wasn't originally supposed to be in all eight episodes. But they liked Mamacita and Hoffman's plainspoken, deadpan performance so much that it was expanded. "They were gonna give her an arc," she says. "And I said, 'I don't want an arc if it ends early. I'd rather have a straight line and just do it all!'" She got the best of both worlds, appearing in the whole season and getting a storyline, too -- one involving some far-flung vases.

Old 07-06-2017, 08:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Thanks for that, I'm sure she will get nominated.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top