Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2017, 03:08 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachelspicy (View Post)
I think the reason there's a lot of Sam is because she was new on the show. It's not the first time they've done this with a new character. Doesn't it remind you of Abby in season 7?
Definitely. I guess usually they easy in the character a bit the season before, like Abby in S6 and Pratt in S8, but yes. Season 7 they really focused on Abby, and Luka, to build the foundation for their characters, and did it real good. The same of Sam in S10.

I remember liking Sam the first time I watched, and as I said, I think they do a good case of building her story in S10 and her story with Luka, it is a good story told. Need to see S11 to elaborate on that, but I think after she broke up with Luka in S12 her story got less interesting actually, they forgot a bit about her. (Was not that into her jail bound hubby coming back).

Quote:
Looks like you are one of the few who thinks Carter and Kem are a good match. I never really believed in it. I have nothing against Thandie Newton but she never made me feel like her character was truly in love. And the story felt a little forced for me. Guess it's also because in my mind I imagine Carter's 'dream girl' more perkier and positive.
Hmm, I really think they are, and she seems quite positive to me (compared to Abby :

Quote:
This is the first season Abby doesn't have any personal drama and that's refreshing.
You are right, that is nice!!!

Quote:
Season 7 is indeed a solid season but it's one of the most depressing ones and I don't get much joy watching it.
I remember enjoying all storylines that season. The buildup of both Lukas and Abbys characters. Also Carter and Abbys friendship. Mark and Elisabeth and his first brain tumor scare. Benton and Cleo had some interesting stuff. Weaver coming out and having her first relationship. Romano not being at his worst all the time. Yeah, liked it.

S8 second half is great, but hated first half with the Nicole storyline which was hard to watch. S9 was quite interesting from Lukas point of view, but not as a whole as I remember it. S12 has a brilliant first half with new chief nurse Eve and Luby, but I think the second half slumbered with Clemente and Jodie story, a bit too much in Africa, a rather boring ep with James Wood. S13 had great episodes mixed with more plain ones, mostly remember Luby and Neela and Ray, and Archie and Hope were great of course. S14 I merely like for Abby and then Luby parts.
Old 03-20-2017, 08:26 PM
Elite Fan

Great News! ER is coming back to TV on March 25th at 1pm [et] starting with the Pilot [according to what my TV says, but I guess it's starting Monday the 27th at 3pm (et) according to what PopTV twitter account says. Either way I think you'll be able to watch it both days, Can't wait! Didn't know PopTV had the rights to the show, but I'm glad they do.

Old 03-21-2017, 05:16 PM
Elite Fan

I don't have PopTV but great news for anyone who does. Still wish this would make its way to streaming though.
Old 03-21-2017, 07:10 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayrey (View Post)
I don't have PopTV but great news for anyone who does. Still wish this would make its way to streaming though.
I have the channel thank goodness so I'll definitely be watching..that's too bad that you don't and yeah streaming the show would be great, I wonder why it's not there.
Old 03-21-2017, 07:54 PM
Elite Fan

I've heard the rights to the show are expensive especially considering there are so many episodes. Not sure how accurate that is though because I think it's played on few networks since it ended.
Old 03-22-2017, 12:16 PM
Extreme Fan

More ER on tv is always great news! Thanks for sharing, Erin!
We are lucky enough to have reruns every day where I live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toralil (View Post)
but I think after she broke up with Luka in S12 her story got less interesting actually, they forgot a bit about her. (Was not that into her jail bound hubby coming back).
I like what they did with her character in seasons 12, 13, 14, 15. She got more mature and what she went through with her son was believable. I've always felt like Luka brought out the worst in her. Once she was single she seemed more relaxed and had more space to grow. Even if she didn't have much to do in season 12, like you said.

Season 7: Yeah, a lot happened in it. I understand why anyone would like it.
Season 8: The only thing I didn't like about the Nicole storyline is that she got pregnant.
Season 9: A lot of people complain about Abby's family drama in it but I like it! Just like Luka's dark days.

Quote:
S12 has a brilliant first half with new chief nurse Eve and Luby, but I think the second half slumbered with Clemente and Jodie story, a bit too much in Africa, a rather boring ep with James Wood.
Hey, you stole my line!! I also think the first half is great to watch but I'm disappointed with the second half, because of the things you mentioned amongst others.
Season 13 is nice and season 14 is still good even if I get a little bored with it at times (I miss Luby when I watch it).

Could I just turn and stare in icy silence ♫
Old 03-25-2017, 06:46 AM
New Fan

Quote:
We are lucky enough to have reruns every day where I live.
No reruns in Sweden, ever! I have my DVD's though, so I'm good!

Quote:
Season 8: The only thing I didn't like about the Nicole storyline is that she got pregnant.
I love Julie Delpy, but this was an awful role for her. I just hated the character, so overbearing. The fact that she got a job in the hospital supply was one thing, but then she was suddenly in nurses' aid training... It just felt forced. I really hated the whole part. But at least the storyline had a purpose.

The purpose was of course to build Lukas character further. He is one to protect and help women in distress and he would do anything in a relationship if a baby is involved. (I hated the pregnancy too, but I guess it was needed to tell us that about Luka). We also learned that he never says no to sex and hopefully he learned something about contraceptive.

Also it actually managed to do good things for Abby and Luka, bringing them closer together instead of further apart as one might have thought. That made it bearable, the fact that Luka confided in Abby and it actually became the beginning of their friendship.

Quote:
Season 9: A lot of people complain about Abby's family drama in it but I like it! Just like Luka's dark days.
I like Luka's dark days too. Sometimes a bit hard to watch, but I love how they delve into his character. I didn't mind the Abby family drama, it was OK.
Old 03-26-2017, 04:52 AM
Extreme Fan

Is PopTV a USA channel? They can have rights if they are connected/owned by TNT.
TNT stopped re-runs in 2010. I heard 11th season was the last one in syndication. Sadly. dramas like ER are only doing good in re-runs when new episodes still air. Hopefully it's a hit on Pop (even despite the fact no one have it, lol). Now it's time for NETFLIX.
Sam story was only interesting with Luca, her story with Stamos character was awful. He pretty much ruined the show for me.
Abby/Luca were boring. They were "safe" in my opinion and I read that they were supposed to be endgame from the start (Maura said she knew producers are planning they'll reconect, just didn't know when), so I kinda disliked that they used Sam for some drama even if I really liked those episodes.
Old 03-26-2017, 05:34 AM
Master Fan

I dislike Abby and Abby & Luka; Abby ruined ER

Carter deserved a happy ending
Old 03-26-2017, 07:19 AM
Elite Fan

I caught an episode yesterday but not sure if it was on POP. Regardless it was great to see the characters I loved for so long. Clooney and Margulies are so YOUNG!! Forgot how much I enjoyed the friendship between Clooney and Edwards. Loved Jerry and he was in this ep along with Dr. Benton. Eric LaSalle went on to direct and guest star in some of the Under the Dome episodes. He also became a successful author.

"You're gonna' miss me so bad when I'm gone."
Old 03-27-2017, 01:10 AM
New Fan

Funny how we perceive things differently.

Regarding Abby and Luka, not only can't I recall anytime they are both in a scene and it is boring, I actually think how they developed and let these characters grow during their 9 season on the show is the bes character development of two persons I've seen on TV. Brilliantly told.

I think Sam had an interesting story with Luka, even if they were not good as a couple, which was the whole purpose of the storyline. How you end up in relationship sometimes for the wrong reasons. Sometimes I guess it can work out anyway, but in this case definitely not.

I actually liked Sam and Tony Gates (John Stamos), I think they were great together. Gates went after Neela first cause she was pretty and he was attracted to her, but it was all wrong, again, they got together for the wrong reasons. Neela wanted to get over Michael. Sam and Tony was a much better match.

I'm rewatching S11 now and I thought I would not like it so much, but I do. It's great to see Abby being a doctor finally, and love Neela, Abby and Ray stories. The ep An Intern's Guide to the Galaxy was great. I love having Susan navigating as the new chief of ER. I was sad about Elizabeth Corday leaving, but her exit words were perfect "It's been lovely". And I like Dr Dubenko who is taking over in Surgery.

I like Carter trying to get over his loss. He does reconnect with Kem later, right. I like them together and I'm thinking they finally had another baby. Chen's story is getting really depressing, but now I actually feel for her, having to care for her dad. And she brought out the best in Pratt. Always liked them together.

I will start from the beginning later and watch S1-S6 which I have not since it aired, it's like 20 years ago. I don't remember that much of the storylines, but I can't wait to reconnect with them.

Last edited by toralil; 03-27-2017 at 02:37 AM
Old 03-27-2017, 09:46 AM
Extreme Fan

Oh god, I hate Kem.
They story was SO forced, like writers decided they need to kill John's baby for some drama. It was so unnatural. The reason why Elizabeth left was also forced and just messy... I agree about Chen's story, though. Sad that they got rid of her, she had so much potential and was really good with Pratt.
Old 03-27-2017, 12:14 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERussia (View Post)
Oh god, I hate Kem.
They story was SO forced, like writers decided they need to kill John's baby for some drama. It was so unnatural.
The problem when inviting famous guest stars is that they need a reason to leave, and having the baby die was one I guess. The story did come a little bit forced. But I did like Kem and them together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERussia (View Post)
The reason why Elizabeth left was also forced and just messy...
Yeah, I remember that she was not happy about her contract not being renewed. I liked her. And that story was forced. How they gave her a reason to leave. Thought her last words were still great though
Old 03-27-2017, 11:13 PM
Absolute Fan

All the episodes I have watched of the show were really good and sometimes funny.
I definitely think the earlier seasons were the best.

And the stabbing of Lucy and Carter is still the most shocking TV sequence/ death I have ever seen.
Old 03-28-2017, 12:42 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookiepookie (View Post)
And the stabbing of Lucy and Carter is still the most shocking TV sequence/ death I have ever seen.
Yes, mine too!!! I'll never forget it, when I (and Carter) saw Lucy on the floor!
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top