Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2012, 04:22 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cress (View Post)
Did you guys hear? CBS picked up the show for a full season. That means it gets 22 episodes for season 1.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/10/elem...season-orders/

Thanks for the news and for the interviews, guys!

Quote:
You know I sure this is far down the line. But I've been reading a lot of Sherlock stories lately. And the last few I read had Mary in them. So I wonder would they have Mary be a Mary and have Joan explore that route. Or will Mary become a Mark or a Matthew.
Do you mean if Joan is going to be portrayed as a lesbian? I doubt it. She had a male ex, so I'm guessing she's hetero. I don't think CBS is willing to alienate any more Sherlock fans. There have been a lot of protest already when they made Watson female.

Quote:
And two I love seeing a friendship between a woman and a man that we know isn't going to lead to romance.
This. ITA I hate seeing posts on Tumblr saying they ship characters just by seeing them for one episode simply because they shared a scene together. It's just too superficial and, for lack of a better word, stupid. I also love that they're platonic - we need more opposite sex BFFs on TV.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:22 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Did you guys hear? CBS picked up the show for a full season. That means it gets 22 episodes for season 1.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/10/elem...season-orders/

Quote:
You know I sure this is far down the line. But I've been reading a lot of Sherlock stories lately. And the last few I read had Mary in them. So I wonder would they have Mary be a Mary and have Joan explore that route. Or will Mary become a Mark or a Matthew.
Do you mean if Joan is going to be portrayed as a lesbian? I doubt it. She had a male ex, so I'm guessing she's hetero. I don't think CBS is willing to alienate any more Sherlock fans. There have been a lot of protest already when they made Watson female.

Quote:
And two I love seeing a friendship between a woman and a man that we know isn't going to lead to romance.
This. ITA I hate seeing posts on Tumblr saying they ship characters just by seeing them for one episode simply because they shared a scene together. It's just too superficial and, for lack of a better word, stupid. I also love that they're platonic - we need more opposite sex BFFs on TV.
Old 10-25-2012, 10:25 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
That's a good interview. Yeah I hope we learn more about Gregson as the show goes on.
It was a good interview wasn't it

Right now I just wanna know what his name is - Tobias or Thomas

I have a dream that we'll find out in tonights episode - Maybe when Watson goes to him for help - Here's my scenerio -

Watson - Captain Gregson you have to help me find him...

Gregson - Of course, of course ; But please call me ( fill in the blank ) heehee

Last edited by GoodWifeObsessed; 10-25-2012 at 10:45 AM
Old 10-25-2012, 10:26 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by winchesterboyz (View Post)

Good point, your right Joan will probably stay hetro. Making Mary into a Mark or Matthew.

Quote:
Exactly where they love each other, but are not in love with each other. That really bothers me too, where people instantly pair two people together. Yeah, it's 2012, it would be nice to see some opposite gender BFF friendship that doesn't lead to the bedroom.
Old 10-27-2012, 05:27 AM
Master Fan

Forgot to post here last Thursday.

OMG I love Gregson so much!!! That last scene with him and Sherlock actually made me cry a little - mainly because of Jonny’s impeccable acting. Seeing Sherlock vulnerable and humble like that tugged at me. It’s something else when he’s out of his element and when he’s forced to admit that he was wrong.

I love that Gregson gave/is giving Sherlock a chance and that he never betrayed him or turned him over or refused his help - he even asked for it. He’s such a good friend and it’s pretty obvious Sherlock realized it too when Gregson admitted he knew about Sherlock’s problem.

First 2 minutes in and I was laughing so hard already! The writing in this ep was so funny! All the one-liners, the sarcastic remarks, the “good work, Watson” - LMAO! Perfect episode is perfect!

I loved that Sherlock noticed the hair up/hair down thing. Some men aren’t as perceptive, but that is a thing with women - at least with me and Joan. LOL

Aww, Donna the secretary! (Suits!) That actress was in The Shield. I love her.

Aww, I liked Joan’s date! He reminded me so much of Sebastian Stan for some reason.

Detective Bell is sexy. I wish there was an ep that focused on him - maybe a case that hits close to home or something? Is he married? Single?

Sherlock’s line about the Wall Street thugs was priceless!!! I hope someone gif’d it already

So is that why Sherlock habitually picks locks? LOL

Ugh I love Joan’s wardrobe on this show. Seriously. So many cute stuff! And her bags too! And aww, she has the new iPod! (I have to buy that)
Old 10-27-2012, 07:33 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Forgot to post here last Thursday.

OMG I love Gregson so much!!! That last scene with him and Sherlock actually made me cry a little - mainly because of Jonny’s impeccable acting. Seeing Sherlock vulnerable and humble like that tugged at me. It’s something else when he’s out of his element and when he’s forced to admit that he was wrong.

I love that Gregson gave/is giving Sherlock a chance and that he never betrayed him or turned him over or refused his help - he even asked for it. He’s such a good friend and it’s pretty obvious Sherlock realized it too when Gregson admitted he knew about Sherlock’s problem.

First 2 minutes in and I was laughing so hard already! The writing in this ep was so funny! All the one-liners, the sarcastic remarks, the “good work, Watson” - LMAO! Perfect episode is perfect!

I loved that Sherlock noticed the hair up/hair down thing. Some men aren’t as perceptive, but that is a thing with women - at least with me and Joan. LOL

Aww, Donna the secretary! (Suits!) That actress was in The Shield. I love her.

Aww, I liked Joan’s date! He reminded me so much of Sebastian Stan for some reason.

Detective Bell is sexy. I wish there was an ep that focused on him - maybe a case that hits close to home or something? Is he married? Single?

Sherlock’s line about the Wall Street thugs was priceless!!! I hope someone gif’d it already

So is that why Sherlock habitually picks locks? LOL

Ugh I love Joan’s wardrobe on this show. Seriously. So many cute stuff! And her bags too! And aww, she has the new iPod! (I have to buy that)

I also didn't get a chance to post after Thursday's episode - and what an episode it was - I LOVED it!!

The show just keeps getting better week by week...

Molly Price ( Donna the Secretary ) was a great guest star - EVIL woman - She's another one I would like to see Sherlock spar with again.

Joan's concern for Sherlock when she went to see Gregson was so sweet - They really have the makings of WONDERFUL partners and friends and already look out for each other so much...

The case was pretty interesting as well - I kind of knew it was Donna early on but that doesn't matter - I don't think the point of the show is to hide the perp or guilty party until the episode's end but instead to watch Sherlock unravel and uncover their motivations.

Finally that end scene with Sherlock and Gregson was FANTASTIC - Gregson showed us that he's a pretty saavy and also fair, sensible and sensitive fellow and Sherlock's vunerability and shame was almost heartbreaking... - I look forward to seeing their relationship develop more.

The potential Joan boyfriend was quite interesting - Very good actor - Equal parts sexy,somewhat sweet but also sort of sinister - Strange vibe - I wonder if we'll see him again

I also quite lust after Joan's wardrobe - Loved that ethnic looking t-shirt thingy she was wearing in the first few scenes

p.s - Hilarious that we still don't know Gregson's first name - I'm guessing we won't truly know what it is until the Callie Thorne episode - As she plays his ex-partner she's bound to utter it at least once

Last edited by GoodWifeObsessed; 10-29-2012 at 07:16 AM
Old 10-29-2012, 07:09 AM
Loyal Fan

Sorry accidental double post...

Last edited by GoodWifeObsessed; 10-29-2012 at 07:16 AM
Old 10-29-2012, 10:03 AM
Master Fan

She'll probably call him Tobias.

I don't know who that actress is, but I'm looking forward to a, what is shaping up to be, a Gregson-centric ep.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:30 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
She'll probably call him Tobias.

I don't know who that actress is, but I'm looking forward to a, what is shaping up to be, a Gregson-centric ep.
Or she might just call him HEY YOU - Too funny!!

Did you ever watch the show Rescue Me - Callie played Shelia - Very twisted character but I quite liked her anyway - Good actress - Very New York

I'm really looking forward to that episode - I think it airs on Nov. 15 - Title is pretty wicked as well - Other Ways To Get Off or One Way to get off - Not sure which it is

Last edited by GoodWifeObsessed; 11-02-2012 at 07:31 AM
Old 11-01-2012, 09:47 PM
Absolute Fan

Was there a new episode tonight? My Tivo didn't record!
Old 11-02-2012, 07:25 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Was there a new episode tonight? My Tivo didn't record!
Yes there was - I believe the episode was titled Lesser Evils -
We met some people from Joan's ( or Joanie's ) medical past - A female colleague named Carrie - Played by Anika Noni Rose!!

Found out that Joan was quite the doctor - Very good instincts Watson

Pretty good episode - I liked the case, love the developing relationship between Sherlock and Joan , Detective Bell had some more screen time and more to do,

My only complaint not quite enough Captain ( please tell me his first name ) Gregson for my liking - He's a fave of mine so finding out more of his backstory will be very appealing for me ( can't wait until episode 7 - which sounds like it might be Gregson heavy )

You should be able to watch last nights episode online on the CBS site or somewhere else....
Old 11-02-2012, 08:17 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodWifeObsessed (View Post)
Or she might just call him HEY YOU - Too funny!!

Did you ever watch the show Rescue Me - Callie played Shelia - Very twisted character but I quite liked her anyway - Good actress - Very New York

I'm really looking forward to that episode - I think it airs on Nov. 15 - Title is pretty wicked as well - Other Ways To Get Off or One Way to get off - Not sure which it is
No I didn't watch that show, sorry.

LOL this scene!

~

WATSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNN!!!!

LMAO that part! Anika Noni Rose’s reaction! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I figured out right on that David Costabile was the angel because… well, he’s Hardman. I wasn’t expecting the second killer.

Yay! Lots of Watson stuff! Aww, they called her Joanie! And Holmes called her Joanie!

I want him to call her that all the time now.

And aww… she had pictures! :’(

So Sherlock really did do that - beat up and choke corpses to test for bruising and stuff? How gross! I mean, I get that it’s for science, but still… eww.

LOL @ Sherlock for burning Det. Bell. Again. He can’t get a break, that guy! I hope the bit about his grandma was true, though and not just an interrogation tactic. Because yay! Character development! Or at least a slight backstory.

Joan’s outfits! Seriously!!! I need to raid their wardrobe trailer! All her outfits are freaking awesome! And in this ep I had another favorite: the striped long-sleeved shirt and navy blue jacket ensemble. Ugh! So cute!!! I just bought new clothes but I want THOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This show is so ****ing perfect, I can’t even.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:50 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
No I didn't watch that show, sorry.

LOL this scene!

[WATSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNN!!!!

LMAO that part! Anika Noni Rose’s reaction! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I figured out right on that David Costabile was the angel because… well, he’s Hardman. I wasn’t expecting the second killer.

Yay! Lots of Watson stuff! Aww, they called her Joanie! And Holmes called her Joanie!

I want him to call her that all the time now.

And aww… she had pictures! :’(

So Sherlock really did do that - beat up and choke corpses to test for bruising and stuff? How gross! I mean, I get that it’s for science, but still… eww.

LOL @ Sherlock for burning Det. Bell. Again. He can’t get a break, that guy! I hope the bit about his grandma was true, though and not just an interrogation tactic. Because yay! Character development! Or at least a slight backstory.

Joan’s outfits! Seriously!!! I need to raid their wardrobe trailer! All her outfits are freaking awesome! And in this ep I had another favorite: the striped long-sleeved shirt and navy blue jacket ensemble. Ugh! So cute!!! I just bought new clothes but I want THOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This show is so ****ing perfect, I can’t even.
I think you'll like Callie Thorne's acting - She's pretty good

I didn't guess the killer right away - I kept waffling between a few of them

Really enjoyed getting a bit more Watson backstory - Seems like she was a really GREAT doctor actually - / Yup I jones after her wardrobe as well

I too felt sorry for Detective Bell - Give the guy a break Sherlock - he needs time to get used to your particular type of tourette's - Loved that line from Watson....

Can't wait for more backstory on all the characters - In particular Captain Gregson - Quinn's a fave of mine and I want to know more about Gregson!! LIKE HIS FIRST NAME

So yup all in all it's a pretty darn perfect show
Old 11-02-2012, 02:49 PM
Master Fan

I'm sure Gregson's going to get his day in the sun
Old 11-02-2012, 11:45 PM
Absolute Fan

Yeah I got to watch the episode from CBS's website, but it's annoying because the screen's not big like on my TV. I don't know what's wrong with my Tivo, because it only records this show sometimes.

It was a good episode, and I liked her friend calling her Joanie. I also liked the Bruce guy in the morgue.

Quote:
Yeah that was in the first book A Study in Scarlet. Watson hasn't met Holmes yet, but his friend Stamford (another doctor) has met Holmes at the local hospital. Holmes beats the corpses in the morgue to test for bruising. Stamford introduced Watson to Holmes because they both need to rent an apartment and get a roommate.