Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2012, 02:58 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocte Obducta (View Post)
Sure, but there isn't a bigger story behind it like the show is suggesting. That's what I meant with nothing special.

Oh, to anyone who is interested in the books, Amazon is offering the Kindle Edition of The Complete Sherlock Holmes Collection for $1.16:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...cm_cr_asin_lnk
Just a wee bit of confusion for me in the last episode - Episode 2 - While Your Were Sleeping - I could have sworn that Captain Gregson's PI friend called him Tommy ( twice actually ) - I thought Gregson's first name was supposed to be Toby (Tobias to be more formal) have they changed it I wonder or is was that just a a goof in filming and editing - No real concern or big deal just curious!!

Come on Sherlock losen up call your pal by his first name help the viewers out here

Also found this little scene between Holmes and Watson hilarious -

Watson - " I want to know about Captain Gregson. "
Holmes - " He's married - quite happily actually..."

He's such a brat - Makes me laugh!!

We need to start a fanlist of his best one liners in each episode - too funny!!
Old 10-08-2012, 03:04 PM
Loyal Fan

EEEKKK help me board moderators I've gotten a quadruple post or something - the board wouldn't post my comment so I went and tried to post it again and then it just went mad.... - I hate that we can't delete our unintentional posts OR can we and I just don't know the procedure - But if I remember correctly at Fanforum it has to be a moderator that removes or deletes posts doesn't it?

Last edited by GoodWifeObsessed; 10-08-2012 at 04:12 PM
Old 10-09-2012, 12:04 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
I could have sworn that Captain Gregson's PI friend called him Tommy ( twice actually ) - I thought Gregson's first name was supposed to be Toby (Tobias to be more formal)
Yeah I wondered about that too. He should be Toby, not Tommy. Don't know why they changed it.
Old 10-09-2012, 05:17 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodWifeObsessed (View Post)
Just a wee bit of confusion for me in the last episode - Episode 2 - While Your Were Sleeping - I could have sworn that Captain Gregson's PI friend called him Tommy ( twice actually ) - I thought Gregson's first name was supposed to be Toby (Tobias to be more formal) have they changed it I wonder or is was that just a a goof in filming and editing - No real concern or big deal just curious!!

Come on Sherlock losen up call your pal by his first name help the viewers out here

Also found this little scene between Holmes and Watson hilarious -

Watson - " I want to know about Captain Gregson. "
Holmes - " He's married - quite happily actually..."

He's such a brat - Makes me laugh!!

We need to start a fanlist of his best one liners in each episode - too funny!!
Ooh I like that idea of a fanlist

Don't worry about the posts... Alexa will delete it. Maybe you can PM her too.

What does it say in IMDB?
Old 10-09-2012, 05:37 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by winchesterboyz (View Post)
Ooh I like that idea of a fanlist

Don't worry about the posts... Alexa will delete it. Maybe you can PM her too.

What does it say in IMDB?
Which one is Alexa

Yeah a fanlist would be fun / Maybe a few character appreciation threads or something too

IMDB has the character listed as Tobias I think or Toby - I actually kind of like the name it's rather uncommon!!

Wondering now what our Captain Gregson's first name is supposed to be though - Tommy apparently - I ADORE Aidan Quinn so they could call him MUD and I wouldn't complain
Old 10-10-2012, 01:36 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Which one is Alexa

Yeah a fanlist would be fun / Maybe a few character appreciation threads or something too

IMDB has the character listed as Tobias I think or Toby - I actually kind of like the name it's rather uncommon!!

Wondering now what our Captain Gregson's first name is supposed to be though - Tommy apparently - I ADORE Aidan Quinn so they could call him MUD and I wouldn't complain
Alexa's the mod Her username is bad reputation.

We can't really have any appreciation threads unless Elementary gets its own board I'm not sure if there's a campaign thread out there, but I'll check

Yeah Aidan Quinn's a good choice for that role. I love him too. He's very underrated.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:38 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Alexa's the mod Her username is bad reputation.

We can't really have any appreciation threads unless Elementary gets its own board I'm not sure if there's a campaign thread out there, but I'll check

Yeah Aidan Quinn's a good choice for that role. I love him too. He's very underrated.
Thanks for the info.

I was wondering about that as well - That we might not be able to start any seperate thread and such until the show had it's own board

Yeah Quinn is a good choice - I like how he's handling this role as well - Even though we haven't seen him in action too much yet - A episode that more showcases his character would be very welcome by me
Old 10-10-2012, 02:18 PM
Master Fan

Actually she changed her username to Liam's curls.

Like a case tied to him? That would be interesting... but I think we need more Sherlock/Joan stuff first - backstories and stuff before we explore other characters

There's no campaign yet, but we can start one if you want: http://www.fanforum.com/f50/new-requ...12-a-63031614/
Old 10-10-2012, 03:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

i think i have to put this on hold... but ill be viewing the thread to see what everyones thinking!
Old 10-10-2012, 05:52 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam's curls (View Post)
i think i have to put this on hold... but ill be viewing the thread to see what everyones thinking!
Sounds good

winchesterboyz and I got a little over excited for a moment

Coming here and chatting about the show is nice - a friendly and respectful place -Elementary has garnered it's share of hositlity on some boards!! That inevitable comparision to the BBC version I guess!!
Old 10-12-2012, 10:01 PM
Master Fan

Yeah - I was shocked too. Instead of celebrating it, people just went ahead and bashed it. Some of them haven't even seen an episode!
Old 10-13-2012, 01:07 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yeah - I was shocked too. Instead of celebrating it, people just went ahead and bashed it. Some of them haven't even seen an episode!
That pissed me off, they wouldn't even give it a chance. My mother always says, "Try something once, before you pass judgement."

I admit that I mainly started watching it because I have always loved Jonny Lee Miller and find him great in all he does. And I'm a Sherlock Holmes addict, so it just means more for me to love.

My favorite Holmes has been and always will be the late great Jeremy Brett. But doesn't mean I can't appreciate other versions.
Old 10-14-2012, 02:55 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrios (View Post)
That pissed me off, they wouldn't even give it a chance. My mother always says, "Try something once, before you pass judgement."

I admit that I mainly started watching it because I have always loved Jonny Lee Miller and find him great in all he does. And I'm a Sherlock Holmes addict, so it just means more for me to love.

My favorite Holmes has been and always will be the late great Jeremy Brett. But doesn't mean I can't appreciate other versions.
Bravo! Thanks for saying that

And I think Arthur Conan Doyle would be HAPPY that there are 3 versions (+ RDJ's) of his work out here today. That's supposed to be celebrated and not compared or bashed. Everybody has a different take on something, like they have differing opinions and IMO they should be respected, if not liked.
Old 10-14-2012, 03:56 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Bravo! Thanks for saying that

And I think Arthur Conan Doyle would be HAPPY that there are 3 versions (+ RDJ's) of his work out here today. That's supposed to be celebrated and not compared or bashed. Everybody has a different take on something, like they have differing opinions and IMO they should be respected, if not liked.
Agreed - Wonderfully said cheerios

Really just seems like sour grapes doesn't it!!

Oh well the show is doing quite well in the ratings and viewing polls and the like

So perhaps the constant whining of the naysayers is falling on deaf ears!!
Old 10-14-2012, 04:40 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Agreed - Wonderfully said cheerios

Really just seems like sour grapes doesn't it!!

Oh well the show is doing quite well in the ratings and viewing polls and the like

So perhaps the constant whining of the naysayers is falling on deaf ears!!
I sure hope so. It's too good of a show to set aside. If not for Elementary, I wouldn't have even watched BBC Sherlock. I was curious why people loved it so much and now I do too