Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2019, 08:20 PM
Elite Fan

Disappointed TV Fans #2 - Why did they have to do that?!

Are there any shows that you first loved but then stopped watching? Or just stopped loving that much?
Because... they changed some actors or some actor left the show, or maybe the show became too cheesy or something like that...
Tell us: name(s) of show(s) and the reason.
Old 05-20-2019, 12:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Grey's Anatomy. Came back for it's seventh season and the writers had forgotten how to write.

Leigh Tumblr
BlondieLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 12:55 PM
Elite Fan

Grey's Anatomy : Even though I wasn't really obsessed with this show, I stopped watching after they messed with the ship I liked never watched it again.

Law & Order: SVU: stopped watching after it became the Benson show which I can't stand Olivia now.

Sons Of Anarchy: I hated the way the writers made Gemma into a psycho character in the last few seasons also hated that Gero didn't get their happily ever after ending like they should have.

That's all I can think of now right now..

Last edited by 80s90sIsTheBest; 05-20-2019 at 05:08 PM
80s90sIsTheBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 05:05 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

The ones that come to mind for me are

Scandal: Started off BRILLIANTLY, then literally got worse season after season. Along with very predictable and repetitive. I was so sick of the cast acting like the show is so shocking when it wasn't, and they always wimped out when it came to killing off main characters. They only killed guest and recurring characters. The last season they tried to act like Quinn was dead when everyone knew better and of course, she wasn't dead. Shocker, not zzz. I only liked Jake/Olivia by the end of it but they made Liv so fickle and unlikable I thought he deserved better than her. After seeing how SR wrote the show made me adamant to not watch another show by her.

The Boondocks: S4 was a waste and pointless.

Charmed: Once Prue is killed off, the show gets crappy and childish. It was a much better, mature show when she was around.

Those are all I can think of, everything else I watched I usually liked it till the end.
Butterfly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 11:05 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Ghost Whisperer - Melinda spent the first seasons very clear that her job was to help spirits pass to the other side, that she couldn't let them stay no matter how much she wanted to. As soon as her husband dies, he possesses another person that was dying and she let him stay. It was completely OOC for her to be so accepting of this, and it's not as if she had never lost someone she loved before (her grandmother and best friend). I stopped at that point, but apparently in later seasons it may as well never have happened.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 05-25-2019, 03:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieLeigh (View Post)
Ghost Whisperer - Melinda spent the first seasons very clear that her job was to help spirits pass to the other side, that she couldn't let them stay no matter how much she wanted to. As soon as her husband dies, he possesses another person that was dying and she let him stay. It was completely OOC for her to be so accepting of this, and it's not as if she had never lost someone she loved before (her grandmother and best friend). I stopped at that point, but apparently in later seasons it may as well never have happened.
I love the first few seasons as well but agree this is super OOC for her!

Big lights will inspire you
lizzybug57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 12:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It completely messed up the show for me. A shock value plot twist that sacrificed Melinda's integrity.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 05-26-2019, 12:50 PM
Elite Fan

Law & Order: SVU: I'm disappointed that they put Tamara Tunie back down to reoccurring status and worse the show isn't an ensemble one anymore like it once was that's why I stopped watching it years ago.
Old 05-26-2019, 01:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That's one of the few shows I have no complaints for On the Dick Wolf theme though -

Chicago Med - Can we pretend season 4 never happened? Because it shouldn't have.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 05-26-2019, 01:47 PM
Elite Fan

I used to watched Chicago Med, but quit after like season 2 I guess I just lost interest in it. I only really watched for S, Epatha Merkerson, but she's not used much well I guess that counts as a disappointment.

As for SVU yeah I've complained about it for a while just haven't really posted much about my disappointments with it.
Old 05-26-2019, 01:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Season 3 of med was amazing. Season 4 was so bad it should never have been aired.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 05-26-2019, 03:24 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Season 3 of med was amazing. Season 4 was so bad it should never have been aired.
Ah I've only watched one episode of season 4 and that's because Goodwin was apart of the episode for quite a lot. Didn't watch any of season 3 I don't think.
Old 05-26-2019, 04:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Season 3 was ridiculously strong. I don't understand what happened.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 05-26-2019, 05:25 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Season 3 was ridiculously strong. I don't understand what happened.
oh well I wouldn't know, but I believe it. I liked seasons 1 & 2 best I think.
Old 05-27-2019, 03:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I actually prefer 3. 1 and 2 were good, but there was way too much Will/Natalie melodrama for me.

Leigh Tumblr
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top