Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2004, 09:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sorry if this was posted already.

Degrassi: The Next Generation - 'TNG' Season Sets start this Summer
Posted by David Lambert
3/02/2004

It's been a while since we checked in with a Degrassi update, and so we wanted to let you know the latest about Degrassi Junior High and Degrassi: The Next Generation.

Fans of the show, like Zach Harris (who has done an outstanding job of keeping us filled in on various Degrassi doings!), have written to property-owners Epitome Pictures and gotten a "form letter" response about the future availability of DVDs. The latest version of that response, with some actual plans mentioned, has now been made part of the official Degrassi Fan Pages FAQ:

Is Degrassi available on DVD or video?

The first three seasons of Degrassi: The Next Generation will be released on DVD and VHS in the USA in the Summer of 2004. Plans are also underway to release the first season of Degrassi: The Next Generation in Canada as well as releasing Degrassi Junior High and Degrassi High on DVD. There are no dates for release in other countries at this time. Stay tuned for updates!

Good news indeed, although it's a bit strange that D:TNG gets 3 seasons worth planned for the USA, but native Canada only gets the 1st. A head-scratcher, that one...but at least it's all Region 1, right kids?

"Stay tuned for updates!" they say in the FAQ. Hmmm, sounds like something we might say. Okay, then...stay tuned! We'll let you know more just as soon as we can.

Link to this page: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=1189 Degrassi: The Next Generation
Old 03-18-2004, 11:39 AM
Master Fan

*stomps and pouts*

Canada will only get season 1 DVD's while the US gets all 3 seasons??? [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

SO. NOT. FAIR.
Old 03-18-2004, 01:17 PM
Total Fan

^Heh I know, I'm gonna have to order it from Amazon.ca or pick them up when I go to the states! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 03-18-2004, 04:01 PM
Loyal Fan

I knew there was a reason why we get The O.C. on Mondays [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] At least we can still buy from the Internet and be able to watch them.

Edit to say been just looking at the pictures at degrassi.tv

It's really weird to see how much Cassie and Miriam have changed even just in two years.

to

And a much different Ashley

[img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] I can't wait to see them in gr.12 and how they've grown out to be. And I'll be in gr.11 or gr.12 by then [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

[ 03-19-2004: Message edited peachybubbles ]
Old 03-21-2004, 06:36 PM
Nab
Absolute Fan

Just moving us up a bit. Also, what was the last new episode to play on 'The-N'?

Humor is an affirmation of dignity.
Old 03-21-2004, 11:55 PM
Ultimate Fan

Holiday was the last new ep The-N aired [img]smilies/in_love.gif[/img]

ok, is it me, or The-N is reairing the prom avatar theatre? (sp?) cause i've seen every other one tonight, except the prom one [img]smilies/pout.gif[/img]
|| Manny/Craig
(degrassi) || Maria/Michael (roswell) || Meredith/Derek (ga) || PJ/Bobby (mb) || Rachel/Ross (friends) ||
Old 03-22-2004, 10:38 AM
Part-Time Fan

Have ya'll heard the N will be Ad Supported soon? I don't remember the exact date, but it is before summer I think. Maybe it will get rid of all those annoying 15 second commercials!
Old 03-22-2004, 02:34 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ¤}{îÖ¤:
<STRONG>Holiday was the last new ep The-N aired [img]smilies/in_love.gif[/img]

ok, is it me, or The-N is reairing the prom avatar theatre? (sp?) cause i've seen every other one tonight, except the prom one [img]smilies/pout.gif[/img]</STRONG>
I saw The Prom one the other night, I also saw the one where JT dances.
Old 03-22-2004, 04:53 PM
New Fan

Ha! I'm not sure how intelligent I can sound today, with the work crashing down on my head!

The N plans to show the new Degrassi episodes in the summer because they see rating spikes that that time. Although Degrassi has a fair amount of Gen X and Gen y-ers who watch, the biggest chunk of the audience is still younger and attends school during the day. By pushing the episodes out to the summertime, The N can capitalize on a larger available audience (which will have larger blocks of time to spend on the channel without homework, extra curriculars, etc). Also, if you look at Degrassi's ratings on The N, they do not suffer when there's a long break between episodes. Despite the 'net fan outcry over not getting to see the episodes NOW, the ratings will not reflect any sort of punishment for The N.

I'm very interested to see what will happen when the network is ad supported. Not only should this cut down on the self-promotion, it will probably also affect the "be yourself" messaging the channels shows. And, also, most important to Degrassi fans, it could further affect the content of the programming. As you know, advertisers can threaten to pull their schedules - hurting The N's revenue - if they aren't comfortable with a show's content. I'm looking at you, Manny Santos.
Old 03-22-2004, 09:44 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by willapopgurlie:
<STRONG>And, also, most important to Degrassi fans, it could further affect the content of the programming. As you know, advertisers can threaten to pull their schedules - hurting The N's revenue - if they aren't comfortable with a show's content. I'm looking at you, Manny Santos.</STRONG>
I get the feeling that the Marco/Dylan scenes are doomed to be edited. Like, a lot.
Old 03-23-2004, 07:56 AM
Loyal Fan

Aww, last night's episode for Canada was so cute! I can't wait for you guys down south to get to watch it. The serious episodes are obviously good, but this one was like a feel-good thing. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 03-23-2004, 05:09 PM
New Fan

azuline: having seen "it's raining men," i agree that they'll most likely do some editing. however, i think "accidents will happen" will run into bigger problems.
Old 03-24-2004, 09:12 AM
Addicted Fan

*sigh* Still waiting for Season 3 to hit Australian screens.

Man we are so far behind...
Old 03-25-2004, 05:35 PM
Nab
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by azuline:
<STRONG>

I get the feeling that the Marco/Dylan scenes are doomed to be edited. Like, a lot.</STRONG>
It will be. The-N has younger viewers and they'll think it's not posh or something. I guess I can understand that, but the same kids that watch The-N, can go over to another network and watch 'Queer as Folk' or something.

Humor is an affirmation of dignity.
Old 03-27-2004, 10:22 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by willapopgurlie:
<STRONG>As you know, advertisers can threaten to pull their schedules - hurting The N's revenue - if they aren't comfortable with a show's content. I'm looking at you, Manny Santos.</STRONG>
[img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img]
|| Manny/Craig
(degrassi) || Maria/Michael (roswell) || Meredith/Derek (ga) || PJ/Bobby (mb) || Rachel/Ross (friends) ||
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top