Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2020, 10:47 AM
Sailor Scout Wannabe

Moderator of ...
The Witcher
Henry Cavill

yeah i know theories are not the same.

for some reasons it didn't bother me... kids are probably an easy target as Noah is posing as priest. but why boys who knows.
MsPerfectionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 11:34 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
theories arent real answers though lol.
We all know, but at least we can able to use the theories.. I mean, that's fine..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
fly me to the moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 11:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by quin0611 (View Post)
I have to watch more episodes.
How much have you watched?
stlavin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 09:06 PM
Sailor Scout Wannabe

Moderator of ...
The Witcher
Henry Cavill

Watch all 3 of Noah's timeline videos here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRsl...R2WyhvVo6snj4w
Old 09-15-2020, 02:34 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for that
Old 09-15-2020, 03:58 PM
Moderator Support Team

Thanks for that video..

is that what you want?

Old 09-15-2020, 06:18 PM
Sailor Scout Wannabe

Moderator of ...
The Witcher
Henry Cavill

you're welcome.

thanks to Netflix for making them.
Old 09-16-2020, 06:51 PM
Moderator Support Team

And I'm going to miss this cast..

is that what you want?

Old 09-16-2020, 07:47 PM
Sailor Scout Wannabe

Moderator of ...
The Witcher
Henry Cavill

same here. it's such an outstanding series.
Old 09-17-2020, 04:53 PM
Moderator Support Team

I agree...

is that what you want?

Old 09-19-2020, 01:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

It really is
Old 04-17-2023, 02:13 AM
Master Fan

Alexa, I decided to continue our discussion in the Everwood board here as it is about the show. And this way we won’t spoil people over there .

Quote:
they didnt explain a few things:

-why they targeted young boys... especially when they had another time travel device.
At the core of the show is the concept of time loop. So there are few things that come into play here:

1. Noah and Helge did have part of The Unknown’s (Jonas/Martha’s kid) book. So they knew which kids to take and when to take them as this was written in the notebook
2. Taking the boys was important as it was trigger for few events:
2.1. Taking Mads made Ulrich decide to become police officer
2.2. Taking Eric/Yasin was what made Charlotte dig deeper and find about time travel
2.3. During Eric and Yasin in the 50s was what made Egon arrest Ulrich
2.4. Arresting Ulrich in the 50s was what made Egon and Hannah meet and have Silja

Overall it was less important on minor things on how happened, it was more important that certain events would happen in terms of certain people being born. As Eva was very interested to keep her son and her world, she would use her son to make sure that events happened the way they needed them to happen. Jonas on the other side was interested in making sure things happened in a way where he would always be born as this would be the only way for him to be able to end the time loop.

So yes we never know why the first time they decided to take those boys but that is a bit of the chicken/egg problem. Is there a first time if this is time loop. I think this was part of the show premise and I personally did struggle with it till the middle of Season 2 as I wanted to know the origin. In the end I realised there is no origin, just like you do not have starting point in a circle.

I can see how this does not work for everyone though.

Quote:
-why did martha see a version of herself in the forest and what is the black substance? /Why did Jonas see his father?
That indeed was never fully answered. I can explain for myself Jonas seeing his father, but not why Martha saw Eva. In terms of Jonas I think he just hallucinated his father as he was still dealing with his suicide. Why Martha saw Eva is a bit more of a mystery to me. At that point she did not know about Eva. Though Jonas had met her and had mentioned to her that there was another world and there was Eva. So maybe because of this.

Quote:
-How did Claudia discover the origin world?
Once Claudia killed her counterpart in the other world, she was switching between both words. She realised that both words were part of time loop. There was no beginning or end. Throughout the third season it is also shown that Eva’s world had influenced Adam’s world by sending their son. Claudia realised that she needed to know why the two words even existed and were created in the first place. As they were part of infinite loop, she realised that the answer must be somewhere else - outside of both words. This is how she thought about the original world. Granted it is not fully shown in details, it is only implied that this was her thought process. Also remember she had the pages of the notebook about Charlotte and her being given to Tanhaus. And Taunhaus’ book was what inspired Claudia about time travel and yet she was the one that taught him how to create time travel machine and basically to write the book itself. Here again was loop and the answer was to be searched for somewhere else.

Quote:
-How did Silja get the scar?/How did Woller lose his eye? (though the second one is more of a joke I presume.)
Woller’s eye situation was indeed running joke in the show as the actor himself had an incident before the show. Silja’s scar was not explained in the show. My assumption is the same I have about Elizabeth as well as she had scars too. I assume it is part of this post apocalyptic world. And those scars were part of the battle they have been going through.

Quote:
-What happened to Agnes?
This was not explained indeed but it was implied that once Agnes killed Noah she joined Claudia’s mother. Claudia did tell Agnes that her mother loved her and would want to be back with her. I guess Agnes’ role ended once she killed Noah and then she went to her love basically.
Old 04-17-2023, 03:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for making a good attempt at the lingering questions. I have forgetten about the details of this show and everything that happened haha but maybe sometime I'll rewatch and itll make me feel better to have some sort of explanation here! haha.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2023, 05:56 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Thanks for making a good attempt at the lingering questions. I have forgetten about the details of this show and everything that happened haha but maybe sometime I'll rewatch and itll make me feel better to have some sort of explanation here! haha.
Welcome! Also let’s be honest it is not like the writers have given direct answers to your questions! It is mostly about some hints or assumptions.

Like I said I myself was also a bit frustrated in the beginning of the show as I did not like the idea of this circle being presented in terms of time. I needed some time for myself to process and accept this.
Old 04-17-2023, 04:54 PM
Moderator Support Team

I loved this show so much!
Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top