Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2015, 10:24 AM
Banned

So basically a mini tv show version of what they did with the Avengers. Ok.

I also see that you are campaigning for DareDevil board. While the show is awesome I can't say it needs it's own board. What I mean is what about a Marvel Board. To discuss all Marvel shows that netflix will air and etc in the marvel universe. I would hate to tear people away from here or the Sci-Fi board if it is discussed there. Still, a place where we could talk not only about DareDevil but Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, etc... Once those shows start to appear.
Old 04-20-2015, 12:00 PM
Moderator Support Team

I just finish it.. And I'm waiting for second season.. Ugh.. I really want more of it.. Plus the show are so good..

[sigh in frustration]

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 04-20-2015, 12:21 PM
Master Fan

the show was very good
Old 04-20-2015, 12:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think the avengers board definitely seems to double as a marvels general board?

X
Old 04-20-2015, 07:56 PM
Moderator Manager

Tammi, I think that they will air JJ, LC, IF and The Defenders too (since that's the plan) so we might have to wait out longer for S2 which really sucks. Love that gifset you posted.

Steph, same here and I feel empty now and I wish I have not watched any of the eps yet.

Michael, there was a campaign before to have a general Marvel board but Marvel is a vast haven for comics, discussions, TV shows and movies. Some fandoms are popular like The Avengers & X-Men which, imo, need their own board. Others like The Fanstastic Four (which will be rebooted) is not as popular as The Avengers or X-Men (at least here on FF). The comics can be discussed on the C&C board but I know some the Marvel-related boards here have a comics thread. There is also a campaign for a Guardians of the Galaxy board so while it may be ideal to have them all on one board, I think some of them deserve their own board because of all the discussions and movies that have been released. For X-Men alone, that franchise already has 7 movies since 2000 and they're making 5 more. As for people not posting here once the board for a particular TV show is up, it happens. But there are some posters who are more adapted to posting on just one thread so this board will work for them versus some of us who are more comfortable to jump around and post on multiple threads about the show.

Witness the magical sprouting of the Purple Acorns
As hopes turn into reality

Old 04-20-2015, 08:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Charlie says here that Defenders will be shot the end of next year or the year after. Which means....we probably won't get Defenders for two years? I sincerely hope that that doesn't mean we aren't getting more Daredevil until after. two years is long time.
Old 04-21-2015, 07:06 PM
Banned

Daredevil - Renewed for second season in 2016

I'll respond more later but I thought everyone would want to know this ASAP.
Old 04-21-2015, 07:08 PM
Elite Fan

A whole new season on Netflix. That would be great.
Old 04-21-2015, 07:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

in 2016 too!
Old 04-21-2015, 07:26 PM
Elite Fan

The wait is not so great.
Old 04-21-2015, 08:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
I think some of them deserve their own board because of all the discussions and movies that have been released. For X-Men alone, that franchise already has 7 movies since 2000 and they're making 5 more.
Yeah, I thought about that. Marvel is huge...and now it is owned by Disney I believe. Which means Disney owns Marvel and StarWars. What I guess I would want more than just a board for Daredevil is a place to talk about Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, and Luke Cage. I assume most if not all who like Daredevil will watch those shows as well. Are they all members of The Defenders? I know little about them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
As for people not posting here once the board for a particular TV show is up, it happens. But there are some posters who are more adapted to posting on just one thread so this board will work for them versus some of us who are more comfortable to jump around and post on multiple threads about the show.
I know that. Even now sometimes on "show specific" boards I find my posts lost/ignored in some cases. Due to the volume of posts that is has. I prefer I don't know if smaller is the right word but it's the only one I can think of right now boards. Those tend to have a more personal touch IMO that posters can form with each other. For example while I was here when Roswell and the shipper wars were crazy. I think I would have found myself so lost on the OTH board when the show was on the air.

Static Waves -Thanks for the gifs. They would make some great avatars. Know of any good image hosting sites? If I wanted to start making avatars again?
Old 04-21-2015, 10:35 PM
Moderator Manager

Good news for the show and for us not having to wait too long! YES!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subject (View Post)
Yeah, I thought about that. Marvel is huge...and now it is owned by Disney I believe. Which means Disney owns Marvel and StarWars. What I guess I would want more than just a board for Daredevil is a place to talk about Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, and Luke Cage. I assume most if not all who like Daredevil will watch those shows as well. Are they all members of The Defenders? I know little about them.
I know little about them too. But we'll see once the rest are out. And yes they are all the members of The Defenders. And I'm assuming that those who watched DD will watch the rest too.

Quote:
I know that. Even now sometimes on "show specific" boards I find my posts lost/ignored in some cases. Due to the volume of posts that is has. I prefer I don't know if smaller is the right word but it's the only one I can think of right now boards. Those tend to have a more personal touch IMO that posters can form with each other. For example while I was here when Roswell and the shipper wars were crazy. I think I would have found myself so lost on the OTH board when the show was on the air.
I know what you mean. Some posters though, they want to talk more about a certain ship so having a board for a show will work as compared to having just a thread where we can (of course) still talk about a ship but it would be better if we talk about the show as a whole, especially on a board like this. It's different for everyone. I prefer a board over a thread because I tend to talk about a lot of things when I like a show so much and I like to post on a lot of threads.

Witness the magical sprouting of the Purple Acorns
As hopes turn into reality

Old 04-22-2015, 10:44 AM
Master Fan

fantastic news
Old 04-22-2015, 11:01 AM
Moderator Support Team

So happy that it renewed!

[sigh in frustration]

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 04-22-2015, 01:17 PM
Supreme Fan

Hi

love, love, LOVED this. It's been a while since I so thoroughly enjoyed a show from episode to episode. Charlie Cox as DareDevil is just great to watch. He had me hooked from the very start. I cannot wait for another season of this. DAMN you cruel Netflix for pretending to be nice and giving us a whole season in a oner but then making us have to wait even longer for the next

It's all good..
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top