Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2015, 12:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

i just read that the writers were gonna kill him off. oh jeez. guess I'm glad it was cancelled. what a crap ending though
Alexa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 01:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by tell me a lie (View Post)

i just read that the writers were gonna kill him off. oh jeez. guess I'm glad it was cancelled. what a crap ending though
I think they knew the show was dunzo. I laughed that the network gave them an extra 100K just to cancel it. I'm sorry but you can't have Dallas without Bobby's kid (albeit adopted).
Old 12-27-2015, 08:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I still think it sucks they left it as a cliffhanger. And some of the shows that TNT has debuted afterwards didn't exactly do well in the ratings. They should have given Dallas at least one more season or a wrap up movie.

I find it hard to believe that Christopher was for real gone. But maybe they thought they'd use it to shift the focus from Christopher vs. John Ross to Bobby vs. John Ross.
Old 12-28-2015, 12:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

i think its dumb they wanted to kill him off, they said he was really the only option to create good shock value. they werent allowed to kill the old cast members and john ross was too much of a focus as well. i think they probably narrowed it down to either elena or chris.
Old 12-28-2015, 12:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by tell me a lie (View Post)
i think its dumb they wanted to kill him off, they said he was really the only option to create good shock value. they werent allowed to kill the old cast members and john ross was too much of a focus as well. i think they probably narrowed it down to either elena or chris.
they should gave knocked off elena.
Old 12-28-2015, 01:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

i would have preferred that!

did they ever say who her baby daddy was?
Old 12-28-2015, 08:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

No they didn't.

And I agree, they should have absolutely knocked off Elena.

But saying they were aiming for shock value over long term story value says a lot about why this show faltered at times.
Old 08-30-2023, 06:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Wow! I just read through this whole thread! I mean, it was only 3 pages, so it didn't take me that long.

But I still stand by being a JRE shipper & that John Ross was the father of Elena's baby.

Of course, they probably were gonna make Christopher the father & Elena was gonna be a single mother, raising her child w/o a father, but enter John Ross into their life to help them out & turn his life around & become a father to Christopher's baby. That would have been totally epic!

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Always & Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2023, 06:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Chris was def. the father lol.

I am sure they would have reunited JR and Elena, especially if they killed off Chris. So I am not sad it was cancelled.

I don't think I will ever rewatch this show lol.
Old 08-31-2023, 02:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)

I am sure they would have reunited JR and Elena, especially if they killed off Chris. So I am not sad it was cancelled.

Neither am I. I didn't like JRE.
Old 09-10-2023, 05:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Quote:
Your opinion. You can choose to believe that, I choose to believe it was John Ross.

Quote:
I hope that they would have, but it would have taken them a long time to get back to where they were in Season 1. Their relationship & pretty much their friendship was tarnished by the end of Season 3, so there wasn't going to be an engagement anytime soon, but maybe if the series had gone on for 2 or 3 more seasons... So, I wasn't sad it was cancelled because of that, either.

Quote:
I would rewatch Season 1 over & over again, but I don't think I could watch the other 2. I couldn't stand John Ross & Rebecca/Pamela and Chris & Elena. Not that the show revolved around couples, but they had a lot to do with it.

Anyway, I've been rereading through the John Ross & Elena thread on the Couples board and I'll just relive the "good ol' days" of the show in that thread.

Old 09-10-2023, 05:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

She wasn't even with JR at all near the end was she? Its been a while so I dont remember.

I never thought JR and Elena were ever shown to be that good of a couple tho... i mean even if you ship them it was clear they always had issues and Elena still had feelings for Chris. I dont think I could enjoy that in one of my ships lol.
Old 09-11-2023, 01:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

People can ship who they want but she hadn't had sex with him in a long time. People assume thst one time they talked she got knocked up. He was all embroiled in his messy triangle and that baby was either the guest stars or Chris's. Jre were set up as wrong for each other. The show messed up but they even tried to parallel Pamela and Bobby from the original.
Old 09-11-2023, 05:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

She slept with John Ross shortly before the series ended, so it was still possible that the baby could have been his.

And I disagree (obviously) about how JRE was set-up. I think they intended for them to become a Jock/Miss Ellie type or even a JR/Sue Ellen-type, where despite their differences, there was always gonna be love & sexual chemistry & heated passion between them & the writer of the show even said that she intended to keep them together, but when they filmed Season 1, they didn’t know if the show was coming back for Season 2, so she threw Christopher & Elena back together, but that didn’t even work out in the end, so it all just became a hot mess after Season 1. But I think Elena truly had fallen in love with John Ross over the 2 years they were together & what she was “feeling” for Christopher was a “what could have been?” feeling. Christopher perused her more throughout the season more than she him, because she was working with & falling in love with John Ross. IMO. (Mind you, it’s been YEARS since I’ve watched the whole first season, so I could be remembering some things wrong)

But, like ds44 said, people are gonna ship who they’re gonna ship and everyone sees ships differently. Some see the chemistry & passion between couples & some don’t. To each their own. And, unfortunately, with this show, we’ll never know who the father is & if Christopher really died (but let’s be real, he probably did ), & just who was gonna end up with who by the end.

So, I guess there’s really no point in arguing/debating over this show anymore, because we’ll probably just never know. But it is fun to speculate.

Last edited by Always & Forever; 09-11-2023 at 05:25 PM
Old 09-12-2023, 01:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

I really dont remember feeling like she was falling for John Ross. imo JR was like a distraction to what she really felt for Chris. Her and Chris ended abruptly and never got a proper shot to work through it. What came after that is another story, but in the beginning it was pretty obvious she wasn't having deeper feelings for JR. I do think she cared for him, maybe even loved him but I dont think it was the same level at alll.

Chemisty is one thing, but a storyline is a complete other. There haev been ships where i saw zero chemistry (naley for example) but the writing was more than obviously favoring them. its not like id go around saying oh haley really loved chris keller because it simply wasnt true and wasnt shown.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top