Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2013, 10:04 PM
Elite Fan

Cult #1 - Reality vs. Tv where's the line?

Investigative journalist Jeff Sefton (Matt Davis, “The Vampire Diaries”) has learned to live with his younger brother Nate’s relentless string of obsessions, especially his latest rant that a hit TV show intends to harm him. However, when his brother mysteriously disappears, Jeff takes Nate’s paranoia seriously, and in the process uncovers the dark underworld of the TV show “Cult” and its rabid fans.

The fictitious show, centered on the cat-and-mouse game between a charismatic cult leader and the detective who was once a cult member, has become an obsession for its viewers – and now some of its devotees seem to be taking their fixation to deadly extremes in the real world.

In the parallel worlds of the show-within-a-show, the cult’s leader, Billy Grimm, is played by actor Roger Reeves (the double role of Billy/Roger is played by Robert Knepper, “Prison Break,” “Shameless”). Roger plays Billy as a compelling but ruthless leader, a man whose primary agenda is winning back his former follower and lover, Kelly Collins, played by actress Marti Gerritsen (the double role of Kelly/Marti is played by Alona Tal, “Supernatural,” “The Killing”). Since escaping from the cult, Kelly has become an LAPD detective. When her sister is kidnapped, Kelly finds herself drawn back into an investigation of the group’s activities, and she struggles to keep Billy at a safe distance, knowing he would stop at nothing to get her back. As the television show grows in popularity, cast members Roger and Marti feel the effects in their “real” lives – Roger isn’t sure who he can trust, and Marti is beginning to realize that being the star of this particular show may have truly dangerous consequences.

The only person who seems willing to help Jeff with his investigation into this double world is Skye Yarrow (Jessica Lucas, “Melrose Place,” “Cloverfield”), a young research assistant for “Cult” who has also started to grow suspicious of the increasingly dark happenings surrounding the show. Jeff and Skye are both driven by personal reasons to uncover the mysteries surrounding “Cult.” Jeff is focused on finding Nate, the brother he raised following the death of their parents, while Skye is searching for answers about her father, who went missing 10 years ago and is presumed dead. All Skye knows is that her father was investigating Steven Rae, the reclusive executive producer/writer who created “Cult.” In fact, she took the job on the show in order to make contact with Rae and see if he will answer her questions. Jeff and Skye are practically strangers to each other, but they are united by the common goal of finding out what happened to their family members.

Jeff will need all of the investigative skills he honed as a journalist to make sense of the treacherous world he and Skye have entered. It soon becomes clear to Jeff and Skye that the gruesome plot twists on this television show are much more than fantasy for some very unfortunate people. The hardcore fans of “Cult” would kill to see what happens next…

The series stars Matt Davis (“The Vampire Diaries”) as Jeff Sefton, Jessica Lucas (“Melrose Place,” “Cloverfield”) as Skye Yarrow, Alona Tal (“Supernatural,” “The Killing”) as Kelly Collins and Robert Knepper (“Prison Break,” “Shameless”) as Billy Grimm.

CULT is from Fake Empire and Rockne S. O’Bannon Television in association with Warner Bros. Television and CBS Television Studios, with executive producers Rockne S. O’Bannon (“Farscape,” “V”), Josh Schwartz (“Chuck,” “Gossip Girl”), Stephanie Savage (“Hart of Dixie,” “Gossip Girl”) and Len Goldstein (“Hart of Dixie”).

Fan List -
1. AtomicEmpress
2. KOUAT12
3. lulu-144

"One must always be careful of books," said Tessa,"and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us." -Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
[ICON CREDIT: sourburst]

Last edited by AtomicEmpress; 02-25-2013 at 12:41 AM
AtomicEmpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

Tftnt! I'm not sure about this show yet. Going to check out the pilot first.
nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Simon Spier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:31 PM
Elite Fan

I already watched it. Found it posted on hulu. It was really intriguing.
-Pammie

"One must always be careful of books," said Tessa,"and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us." -Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
Old 02-16-2013, 03:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

Watched the pilot last night! It was a bit slow but the show seems pretty interesting. Reminds me of "The Following".
nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Simon Spier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:40 PM
Addicted Fan

Gonna check it out Tuesday and see if I like it or not. Not sure if I want to get hooked on another show, but might as well check it out
Old 02-16-2013, 07:37 PM
Elite Fan

Well yeah this show had the unfortunate place of being shown after the following so a lot of people will probably say that but I think the tv aspect is what is interesting about this show. Also I think its important to note that sometimes shows or movies of similar topics come out around the same time, but these two seemed to be in production at the same time.
-Pammie

Old 02-17-2013, 01:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

the promos reminded me of the following too.

ALONA TAL. ROGER REEVES. MATT DAVIS.

dont really like jessica lucas, but well see.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I may try this one.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:04 PM
Part-Time Fan

Excited to try this show out. Not only for Matt Davis, Roger Reeves, & Alona Tal, but the storyline/promos have looked very interesting so far. Willing to give it a shot
KyLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

I will also check this show out to see if I like it or not!
Old 02-19-2013, 12:40 PM
Elite Fan

Comes on tonight!
-Pammie

Old 02-19-2013, 08:08 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphyboy11 (View Post)
Tftnt! I'm not sure about this show yet. Going to check out the pilot first.
Me too. Is it like The Following?
Old 02-19-2013, 08:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Anyone watch? How was it?
Stay to the Lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:58 PM
Elite Fan

I saw the priemere on hulu before hand. I liked it but thats obvious.

It has a cult like the following but the cult is based around a tv show called Cult that airs on the CW and stars Alona Tal's character and Robert Knepper's character. Matt Davis' character Jeff, his brother looks into the 'mystery' of the tv show and this weird cult behind the show go after him and he vanishes, leaving clues and Jeff goes to the set to find answers and meets Jessica Lucas' character and they work together to find his brother. The mystery of the cult and the real vs. tv show is really intriguing and interesting.
-Pammie

Old 02-19-2013, 10:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

It definitely sounds different to anything else around right now lol.
Stay to the Lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top