Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2017, 08:58 PM
Moderator Manager

Yeah, he gave up a lot to be with her. He loves her enough to do that. It can be intimidating and daunting marrying into the Royal family cause your life revolves around their rules.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 03-13-2017, 10:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes, it's a good point. They had a strong enough love to endure it.

Big lights will inspire you
Old 03-14-2017, 08:36 PM
Moderator Manager

And I'm sure they have had problems, especially early on in the marriage but it all worked out well in the end.

I also heard that if you're next in line to the throne, to secure the lineage, you must have a lot of children. So I feel like William & Kate won't stop at just 2 kids and they're both still young too. And I'm sure Harry is also pressured to get married and have a kid, just in case.

Old 03-15-2017, 07:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Interesting about having a lot of kids, but that makes a lot of sense. They have to ensure the lineage stays in the family.

Old 03-15-2017, 07:47 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
the crown's creator, peter morgan, is keeping details about the forthcoming second series as protected as the crown jewels, but has revealed that 'its soul is about prince phillip's complexity'.

Prince phillip is portrayed by matt smith, while claire foy makes a remarkable young queen elizabeth.

Speaking at the royal television society's the crown: Deconstructing the coronation in london last night, the writer of the award-winning netflix series explained: 'he's [prince philip] a strong flavour.

'i find him extraordinarily interesting - his childhood, again, you couldn't make it up. The soul of season two is about his complexity.'

on whether prince philip's infamous affair will be dramatised in the next series, morgan said: 'this is a spoiler-free chat! We're still in the cutting room and making all sorts of changes...'

what the writer and producer would say of the upcoming season was that it 'continues exactly where we left off, so the years that it travels are 1956 and 1964'.

'it takes claire foy and matt smith to the outer edge of where we can take them, with their ages, if we took it any further we would have to think about recasting,' he continued. 'there is no commitment of it going further at the moment, we're just focusing on this season up until 1964.'

when asked whether a third season has been commissioned, morgan replied diplomatically: 'we're talking [to netflix] all the the time but we just want to see how the second series goes.

'we're pretty swamped at the moment. I've started thinking about a third season - you have to be responsible, you can't say you'll do it and then suddenly go, 'actually i found out it's really dull'.

'i have done some preparatory work, i'd be happy to do it, but at the moment i'm swamped.'

golden globe-winning actress foy recently confirmed that the second series would be her last as queen elizabeth.

The crown series 2 is rumoured to be released on netflix in november.

Old 03-17-2017, 08:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for sharing! I can't wait for season 2 and love that we're picking up where we left off timing wise.

Old 03-17-2017, 10:33 PM
Moderator Manager

I do like that Peter Morgan really has set this show to 6 seasons so he has an end story in sight.

Old 03-18-2017, 07:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
I do like that Peter Morgan really has set this show to 6 seasons so he has an end story in sight.
That's always good IMO because then they have a vision and direction. So many shows go off course because there isn't a long-term plan.

Old 03-18-2017, 09:10 PM
Moderator Manager

I agree with you, Lizzy. For example, Lost. I don't know if you watch that show but I was a HUGE fan for the first 3 seasons. Then somewhere around S4, they just lost focus. Turns out the writers don't have an ending in mind as to why these things are happening the passengers of that doomed flight and Jack. Which explains why the last few seasons of the show were awful to me.

Peter will most likely just tell what we already have in history, put some drama into it like he already did in S1, so we'll just have to watch it. And also he's a wonderful writer. He should do more TV shows after he's done with this show (or maybe even during if he can be able to do that).

Old 03-20-2017, 08:32 PM
Moderator Manager

I'll post this here as well and also to bump this thread up in case anyone has just seen the show and wants to talk about it.

Old 03-21-2017, 08:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^That's awesome! It looks really cool and a wonderful behind the scenes photo. Thanks for sharing!

Quote:
I agree with you, Lizzy. For example, Lost. I don't know if you watch that show but I was a HUGE fan for the first 3 seasons. Then somewhere around S4, they just lost focus. Turns out the writers don't have an ending in mind as to why these things are happening the passengers of that doomed flight and Jack. Which explains why the last few seasons of the show were awful to me.

Peter will most likely just tell what we already have in history, put some drama into it like he already did in S1, so we'll just have to watch it. And also he's a wonderful writer. He should do more TV shows after he's done with this show (or maybe even during if he can be able to do that).
Direction is super important. That does explain why those last few seasons were so bad. The writers of The Crown do have help since they are telling a real story, but the direction is still important in exactly WHAT they want to tell.

Old 03-21-2017, 08:41 PM
Moderator Manager

Precisely. They have history to go by so they can never run out of things to show but it is important that they remain faithful to history and still give us the necessary drama when needed (like in S1 with Venetia which was all cooked up by Peter).

I never knew so much about the Royal family before watching this show and I have newfound respect and admiration for them after watching this show.

Old 03-22-2017, 11:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I never knew so much about the Royal family before watching this show and I have newfound respect and admiration for them after watching this show.
Oh my gosh-so true! My mom and i were talking again tonight about everything we looked up about the Royal family in between episodes. It's really quite fascinating.

Because The Crown sticks to the true story (as it should), it was really enjoyable to read further details about everything showcased on the show.

Old 03-23-2017, 08:03 PM
Moderator Manager

I had to look up some stuff too like Churchill's portrait. No one knew what happened to it but there are rumors that Clementine was the one who asked for it to be burned (as we see on the show).

I expect more of the same for S2. I really can't wait. I'm seeing that it will still be November but I won't be able to binge-watch that time cause I'll be having relatives over for 2 weeks and we'll be going away during their stay here.

Old 03-25-2017, 08:42 PM
Moderator Manager

This is an hour and 15 minutes long. I haven't seen this but it is new and I'll post it here in case we have time to watch it.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top