Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2020, 03:14 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

Well...here’s the answer it’s being moved to another streaming service: it’s down to Netflix and Hulu.

Old 05-28-2020, 03:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the update
Elle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 04:55 PM
Elite Fan

Not sure how I feel about this.

On one hand, it's great for the show. The show is so underrated and it needs a platform that would be willing to advertise it more then what YT has. Also, it gets snubbed every award season, when William Zabka should have been nominated already for an emmy. I am guessing it being on YT, people don't wanna take it seriously. So the move to Netflix would help that. On the other hand, I am so use to it being on YT and I don't have Netflix or Hulu, so that is the downside for me. Guess I'll have to get them if it moves.
"pacey I love you, you know that and it's very real." ~ Joey to Pacey 6x24 (dawson's creek)
***BLONDIE*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 07:31 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

I think a move to Netflix would definitely broaden the brand too. I think even more people would watch it.
Old 05-28-2020, 09:42 PM
Elite Fan

Oh for sure for the show, it would be a great move. I said it needed to be somewhere other then YT, just because YouTube didn't seem to care about promotion for it at all. I am just hoping it don't some how mess things up with upcoming seasons. I know Ralph, William and the creators all said they will keep going for many seasons, but I just hope it doesn't end up Netflix and gets canceled for some reason. Maybe not.
"pacey I love you, you know that and it's very real." ~ Joey to Pacey 6x24 (dawson's creek)
Old 05-29-2020, 10:17 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

Well...in the article it does mention all that.

Quote:
On the heels of a record-setting Season 2 premiere of Cobra Kai, YouTube in April 2019 ordered a third season. I hear YouTube remained committed to airing the completed third season but notified its Sony TV partners that they won’t be commissioning a fourth season.

Looking to secure a future for the show beyond Season 3, Sony TV asked for permission to shop the upcoming season to an outlet that, in success, would order additional seasons. Negotiations between the two sides ensued. They are nearing a successful conclusion but YouTube would not formally release the series until a new home has been secured, we hear.
So yeah...Sony TV was able to find a new home because YT is not going to order anymore seasons since they are moving away from scripted fare.
Old 05-29-2020, 08:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for that

Would love to see Netflix pick it up
stlavin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 09:02 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken crown (View Post)
Well...in the article it does mention all that.

So yeah...Sony TV was able to find a new home because YT is not going to order anymore seasons since they are moving away from scripted fare.
You tube is insane for not promoting that show more.

I hope when it relocates it gets all the love it deserves. The show is amazing. It totally flipped the script with Johnny and turned him into a root worthy character, that you want good things for. Miguel had to fill Ralph's shoes and IMHO, he has done an outstanding job, compared to the others who have tried to step in them and I love seeing where Daniel is now and seeing how he handles things without Miyagi (which isn't always the best) and I love seeing the love/hate bromance between Johnny and Daniel. Also, the soundtrack is amazing. Perfect blend of 80s and modern.

Hopefully with the move, it would be taken seriously by emmy voters, because It deserves some Emmy's IMO.
Old 05-29-2020, 09:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It seriously does, but other shows get ignored by the Emmy's when they deserve them sadly
Old 05-31-2020, 11:00 PM
Elite Fan

That is true. Jon said he would be surprised if Cobra Kai doesn't drop before the Summer is over. I mean, I guess that's his way of saying we might see the series before the end of August, but honestly, I don't wanna wait much longer. Even though I know we have too.
Old 06-01-2020, 03:32 AM
Fan Forum Legend

That's true
Old 06-01-2020, 08:43 PM
Elite Fan

I still wonder why they haven't released the trailer yet. It's completed has nothing to do with the move and more then likely will premiere on YT weather it stays there or not. And I would be extremely surprised if the show didn't get picked up by someone else. So I don't know what that delay is.
Old 06-01-2020, 09:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hopefully we get a trailer soon or at least know why we aren't
Old 06-01-2020, 10:09 PM
Elite Fan

hopefully. I am just really anxious to see what is going on with Miguel. I'm still not over that ending.
Old 06-02-2020, 12:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Me neither
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top