Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2018, 04:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieLeigh (View Post)
Not actually transitioning, more in the establishing identity stage. Mum is supportive, dad doesn't seem to be.
Thanks for clarifying but it's great that an issue like that is being shown in a series. To help more understand.
Old 10-15-2018, 05:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
Thanks for sharing your experience, Stephanie. I'm enjoying the show a lot. Did they mention a series 2? I'm going to assume there will be another season for the show.
You're welcome.

I saw someone on the FB group tweet to ask and as of now there are no plans yet for a season 2. But I hope so! The second book is my favorite.

Quote:
It's been doing well in ratings.
Oh good! This gives me hope!
Old 10-16-2018, 11:04 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehrItAll (View Post)
You're welcome.
I saw someone on the FB group tweet to ask and as of now there are no plans yet for a season 2. But I hope so! The second book is my favorite.
At least it'll be available in the U.S. by January. I recommend to watch it especially since you've read the books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourburst (View Post)
I'm up to date with the first 5 episodes, but I'm not too keen on it yet. I'm hoping it gets better, atm it just feels like Twilight with maybe 2% better acting?
My problem is Teresa's American accent. I think Alex Kingston does a better job and she has less screentime on the show. But overall I like it but agree on the Twilight comparisons. It's hard to get on-board Diana & Matthew because they fell in-love so fast. I just want their life in peril because I enjoy mayhem & angst every once in a while.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 10-17-2018, 01:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi||iê Måë (View Post)
Thanks for clarifying but it's great that an issue like that is being shown in a series. To help more understand.
It is And I loved his sister's comment. She was asked if Max was her brother and she said no. When the bullies walked away she said "I didn't say that to disown you, I said that because I don't see you as a brother, I see you as a sister."

Leigh Tumblr
Old 10-17-2018, 06:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^^ That's a lovely way to recognize his choice to be her.
Old 10-17-2018, 11:28 PM
Moderator Manager

Old 10-18-2018, 01:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the news!
Old 10-18-2018, 01:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
^^ That's a lovely way to recognize his choice to be her.
It's had a very beautiful beginning in general. My only issue is that the father walked out on the family due to being unable to accept Max's gender identity to a point where he got violent, but he has now moved back in to give her a proper support system, but still seems to not accept it.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 10-19-2018, 02:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
My problem is Teresa's American accent. I think Alex Kingston does a better job and she has less screentime on the show. But overall I like it but agree on the Twilight comparisons. It's hard to get on-board Diana & Matthew because they fell in-love so fast. I just want their life in peril because I enjoy mayhem & angst every once in a while.
This is basically me, I need a bit of drama.

The Cry has gotten so good, I think she's going to go down for what happened.

Strangers episode 6 was good too!

Great British Bake Off made me laugh as always.

I am so stoked Sam has been cast in Peaky Blinders!!!

And I can't think of any other British shows atm
Old 10-21-2018, 12:52 AM
Moderator Manager

I agree about The Cry. Tbh, I was really angry at first but then after watching ep 2 and that ending, I was on-board. I'll watch the final ep later.

Old 10-21-2018, 01:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The Cry isn't airing here, at least not yet, so I hope it pops up on my Netflix like a lot of BBC style shows seem to do.
Old 10-21-2018, 02:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I agree about The Cry. Tbh, I was really angry at first but then after watching ep 2 and that ending, I was on-board. I'll watch the final ep later.
There's 4 episodes overall. Final episode hasn't aired yet.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 10-21-2018, 08:41 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
The Cry isn't airing here, at least not yet, so I hope it pops up on my Netflix like a lot of BBC style shows seem to do.
I'm hoping our local Netflix picks it up too. The trouble with UK shows (on our local Netflix) is that sometimes we don't get it and sometimes we do but we'd have to wait out until all the eps air in the UK.

Old 10-22-2018, 02:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

The Cry! OMG we never liked him from the off anyway, but argh! I can't believe that ending? how he let her blame herself. Jenna was amazing acting in this project.

I caught up with episode 5 of A Discovery of Witches last night and I wasn't too keen on it because it was very Twilight 1, but the promo for the next episode looks promising. Looks very action based so hopefully, this is where it picks up. EDIT: Oh never mind! I just saw episode 6 is out. Watching it now.

I'm starting to like this series of Doctor Who. Last nights episode was so fresh and something new and it actually played off well. Glad I never gave up after an awful first couple of episodes. I have more hope of sticking this series out.

Last edited by sourburst; 10-22-2018 at 02:32 AM
Old 10-22-2018, 04:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I'm hoping our local Netflix picks it up too. The trouble with UK shows (on our local Netflix) is that sometimes we don't get it and sometimes we do but we'd have to wait out until all the eps air in the UK.
Well we got "Bodyguard" like 2 weeks after it aired, so maybe the same will be for "The Cry".

Thanks for the news, that looks interesting.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top