Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2018, 10:45 PM
Moderator Manager

Did you all prefer that ending though or would've preferred Walt dying of cancer?

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

L i N d $ @ y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 12:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

For sure that one because his fate was in his hands. Cancer taking him would have felt too easy somehow? Like it sort of excused his actions because he knew he was dying. IDK. I liked how it happened a lot. I thought it was a pretty perfect final episode.

I agree that I loved every episode and everything about the show was so well thought out and explained. So many shows have loose ends, plot holes, cheesy SL's or just things that dont make sense. I dont feel like breaking bad really did. They just knew their show and covered their tracks well. I wish other shows would take note.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 12:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
Did you all prefer that ending though or would've preferred Walt dying of cancer?
The ending we got, him dying of cancer wouldn't have felt enough for me and that would have been too easy.
stlavin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 10:23 PM
Moderator Manager

At first I thought I wanted him to die of cancer because it was back, I think was that in S5? But then him dying that way, and also in a way protecting Jesse, was perfect as well because either way (even if he does die of cancer), there's nothing for him anymore. His family hates him, Jesse hates him, he's got nothing. He might as well die. It's the bittersweet ending I wanted for Walt.

Old 02-05-2018, 11:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I thought he died of cancer. How did he die?
Old 02-06-2018, 02:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethally Floral (View Post)
He got shot when he was taking down the Neo-Nazis.
Old 02-06-2018, 02:08 AM
Moderator Manager

ETA: There you go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethally Floral (View Post)
He was accidentally shot by that remote-activated machine gun in the car which was ironically his contraption.

Old 02-06-2018, 02:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Hahah
Old 02-07-2018, 11:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
ETA: There you go.

He was accidentally shot by that remote-activated machine gun in the car which was ironically his contraption.
I'm not sure it was an accident, I think he knew his life was over but he wanted to take revenge on Todd and company by taking them out with him and in the process he saved Jesse, the ending was perfect I think other shows have a hard time pulling that together and even if they think it was perfect then they don't really understand their audience
desmondluverbrotha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 07:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by desmondluverbrotha (View Post)
I'm not sure it was an accident, I think he knew his life was over but he wanted to take revenge on Todd and company by taking them out with him and in the process he saved Jesse, the ending was perfect I think other shows have a hard time pulling that together and even if they think it was perfect then they don't really understand their audience
Yeah, I was always thought that he deliberately planned for it to happen that way.
Old 02-07-2018, 09:12 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by desmondluverbrotha (View Post)
Oh so he deliberately wanted to kill himself since he knew there was nothing for him? Oh god. That just made me really depressed.

Old 02-07-2018, 10:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

well and he knew he was dying anyways right? plus it was all catching up to him. i think he knew it was impossible to get away with it, especially after hank's death, i think he realized how far gone it was at that point.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 12:51 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
well and he knew he was dying anyways right? plus it was all catching up to him. i think he knew it was impossible to get away with it, especially after hank's death, i think he realized how far gone it was at that point.
Yep, he probably wanted to die on his own terms too.
Old 02-08-2018, 05:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I just think he knew he probably would not make it out of there and he was willing to die to get revenge. He really did not have anywhere else to go and he was dying and knew it. I am glad he got to save Jesse though and yes it seems he got to go out on his own terms, very much sticking to his character.
desmondluverbrotha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 01:12 AM
Moderator Manager

Yeah I think Hank's death was the turning point too. He didn't want that and once the rest of the family found out, there was no going back. I think even if he & Jesse worked it out, he's lost his family and that's quite ironic because we started out hoping that Walt will be able to triumph after all of this is over but realistically, how else will the family react knowing he's a drug lord?

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top