Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2017, 01:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly me to the moon (View Post)
Dexter, How I Met Your Mother and one show that I can't remember the name..
Dexter's finale sucked and HIMYM's made no sense after season 2 imo.
Old 08-05-2017, 02:14 PM
Moderator Support Team

^ I was late to watch HIMYM.. I like it until I think S3 or S4, I was like eh..

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
Is anyone watching Better Call Saul? I plan to watch that now that I'm done with this show.
I did and it was getting better so far..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 08-05-2017, 02:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Is anyone watching Better Call Saul? I plan to watch that now that I'm done with this show.
Yes. I really enjoy it but it's a much different show than Breaking Bad in many respects. It's less high stakes. Personally, I don't see that as a bad thing but I know some have a tough time adjusting. And others like it more. S3 has taken a sharper turn towards BB territory, though.

As for Dexter and HIMYM---Dexter's ending was terrible but the final few seasons were kind of bad. I liked Barney and Robin but I didn't need Barney and Robin. The problem is that they established why Ted and Robin wouldn't work. Why they were different. And that they had moved on. Then they spent the last season building up B&R's wedding and Ted & the mother only to undo that in the final episode. It's like they finale was completely disassociated from the story they told in the last season.

They either needed to change the focus of the last season or change the finale. Either way would have been better than tacking that finale onto the final season. They were incongruent.
Old 08-05-2017, 09:47 PM
Moderator Manager

Okay I'm gonna watch it. I did enjoy Saul on the show. He was the funny one and did a lot of crazy so I'm glad his character wasn't killed off. There were plenty of times I thought he was gonna die.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 08-05-2017, 11:16 PM
Loyal Fan

BCS is great it's not BB but it has a lot of BB in it and certainly helps the void left by BB.
Old 08-06-2017, 02:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethally Floral (View Post)
As for Dexter and HIMYM---Dexter's ending was terrible but the final few seasons were kind of bad. I liked Barney and Robin but I didn't need Barney and Robin. The problem is that they established why Ted and Robin wouldn't work. Why they were different. And that they had moved on. Then they spent the last season building up B&R's wedding and Ted & the mother only to undo that in the final episode. It's like they finale was completely disassociated from the story they told in the last season.

They either needed to change the focus of the last season or change the finale. Either way would have been better than tacking that finale onto the final season. They were incongruent.
The only seasons of Dexter that I thought were bad was season 6 and 8 (with the latter been the worst), while season 5 and 7 being the easily the best out of the last 4.
That they spent 22 episodes of Barney and Robin's wedding only to break up them like 10 mins later and how they put Ted and Robin put back together without showing how it would be different this time were my biggest issues with the HIMYM finale.
Old 08-06-2017, 02:19 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Eyes (View Post)
BCS is great it's not BB but it has a lot of BB in it and certainly helps the void left by BB.
Oh yeah, I agree.. It's not the same..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 08-06-2017, 05:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

i just couldnt get into it.

its like when bb had its slower episodes... thats what better call saul feels like to me.
Old 08-06-2017, 09:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Okay I'm gonna watch it. I did enjoy Saul on the show. He was the funny one and did a lot of crazy so I'm glad his character wasn't killed off. There were plenty of times I thought he was gonna die.
I think the most surprising thing is how sweet Jimmy (that's Saul) is in this show. It's kind of uncomfortable thinking about how he turns out and how he must get there.
Old 08-06-2017, 10:56 PM
Elite Fan

It's so weird considering every Walt did but the thing that hurt me the most was him killing Mike. Mike called him out on his crap and whiny walts poor ego couldn't handle it and mike/his daughter in law will never know what happened to him.

That being said mike is really the only reason I watch BCS.
Old 08-06-2017, 11:21 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Eyes (View Post)
Okay, I think I'll see for myself and watch. I do need to take a break from BB for a bit. But I also kind of want to watch BCS right away just to fill that void since it's all fresh for me right now. Different showrunner for BCS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ropetuned (View Post)
It's so weird considering every Walt did but the thing that hurt me the most was him killing Mike. Mike called him out on his crap and whiny walts poor ego couldn't handle it and mike/his daughter in law will never know what happened to him.

That being said mike is really the only reason I watch BCS.
Mike turned out to be one of my favorite characters too. At the start of S5, I had this gut feeling that he will die. I just didn't see it to be under the hands of Walt.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 08-06-2017, 11:33 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah there really no way that a guy like mike and all the enemies he made that he'd survive the entire series

Watch BCS for Mike's storyline alone: ps in BCS they showed the moment that mike agreed to work for Gus in the finale
Old 08-06-2017, 11:44 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Okay, I think I'll see for myself and watch. I do need to take a break from BB for a bit. But I also kind of want to watch BCS right away just to fill that void since it's all fresh for me right now. Different showrunner for BCS?
Nope, same showrunner, still Vince Gilligan with the help of Peter Gould. In fact it has carried over most of the writers, camera crew, sound crew etc from BB.
Old 08-07-2017, 03:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ropetuned (View Post)
Yeah there really no way that a guy like mike and all the enemies he made that he'd survive the entire series

Watch BCS for Mike's storyline alone: ps in BCS they showed the moment that mike agreed to work for Gus in the finale
Yeah that's definitely true. I liked both of the main storylines in S3
Old 08-07-2017, 07:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Okay, I think I'll see for myself and watch. I do need to take a break from BB for a bit. But I also kind of want to watch BCS right away just to fill that void since it's all fresh for me right now.
Well, the cool thing about BCS is that the first two seasons have some BB elements but really are like a different world than BB. I actually like the non-BB stuff better, except for Gus, but really do enjoy both sides. So it's a semi-break from BB not a total BB.