Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2015, 01:00 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Eyes (View Post)
So I've just got the box set for my b'day and I've started my rewatch. I must say seeing the first ep even then the cinematography was stunning. I forgot what a crucial role it played in the show. I definately think I'm going to pick up on that sort of thing more on my second viewing, the first time round I was more focused on the story but this time I think I will pay more attention to the shots, angles, cinematography, writing etc. I'm watching with a friend and after 3 eps they were like 'it's a bit boring' I'm thinking hold on because we are just getting started!
Ha, I was hooked from ep one, it was just refreshing from all other shows, writing-wise especially!

I wish there was a show today that could get close to BB or all other classics.
Old 11-30-2015, 02:45 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Eyes (View Post)
So I've just got the box set for my b'day and I've started my rewatch. I must say seeing the first ep even then the cinematography was stunning. I forgot what a crucial role it played in the show. I definately think I'm going to pick up on that sort of thing more on my second viewing, the first time round I was more focused on the story but this time I think I will pay more attention to the shots, angles, cinematography, writing etc. I'm watching with a friend and after 3 eps they were like 'it's a bit boring' I'm thinking hold on because we are just getting started!
You must have been thrilled with the boxset gift!
Yes, it was captivating watching the pilot. I think the writing is truly gripping once you've stopped focusing on the cinematography. You really are spoiled for choice with this show. Haha, well I hope your friends will start enjoying it with you!

Yes, by far, Jesse is stronger character when he is sober. He's just a mess otherwise so it's great to see him clearly and more stronger individual when sober.
Poor Jesse spiralled out of control when Combo got murdered and then he went on this crazy drug fuelled bender with Jane.

Trying to dissolve the body was funny for you? Interesting lol
Old 12-01-2015, 12:42 AM
Loyal Fan

I know some people have said they prefer the later seasons and find the earlier seasons a bit slower/boring but you you have to view it as a whole from start to finish and although they do ramp up the tension a lot more in the later seasons the first two seasons have to be a bit slower as we see Walt slowly and then rapidly change. Looking back it is a masterpiece of television and I don't think anything else comes close.
Old 12-01-2015, 01:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Aaron Paul

Agreed. I know a lot of people said its better in the later seasons, but I think the first two seasons are just as good. They're just a different tone maybe.They're maybe not quite as tense (although they still had some really intense parts) or have as much ~action, but I think every season is a flawless 10/10
Old 12-02-2015, 01:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

yeah i made my ex boyfriend watch season 1 and he thought it was too slow too. the first 3 episodes were great but the it slowed down a lot.

we broke up so he probably will never watch more episodes but whatever, his loss. IN ALL AREAS.

i only need season 5 but i refuse to buy TWO dvds for one season. I'm waiting until they combine them. LOL.
Old 12-04-2015, 10:21 AM
Loyal Fan

Just watched 'Crazy Handful of Nothin' from S1 and the opening shot of the dust particles through the bullet holes and then later the shot of Walt through the red glass ...like I said the cinematography is ridiculously stunning. It's so much better than any other shows.

Walt's speech to his family about never having made any of his own choices with hindsight you can see how this fits in with his reasoning for why he was doing what he was doing.
Old 12-06-2015, 11:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

almost new thread, here are some ideas:

Breaking Bad #: "Cranston's shattering performance and the show's cinema-like execution make Bad truly good." - Us Weekly
Breaking Bad #: "Cranston and Paul are so good, it's astounding." - The New York Post
Breaking Bad #: Cranston's work was stunning in both its power and its control." - The Star-Ledger
Breaking Bad #: "Cheers to Bryan Cranston for blowing us - and Emmy voters - away with Breaking Bad." - TV Guide
Breaking Bad #: "It appears to be operating at a different level than just about everyone else." - The Hollywood Reporter
Breaking Bad #: "It continues to astonish. Thanks to Cranston's tour de force performance, Walt is a TV original." - Us Weekly
"You're a time bomb tick, ticking away. And I have no intention of being around for the boom."
Breaking Bad #: All hail the king.
Breaking Bad #: "There's a market to be filled. And currently no one to fill it."
Breaking Bad #: "We're cooking again."

the bolded one is my favorite.
Old 12-07-2015, 04:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Aaron Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by tell me a lie (View Post)
yeah i made my ex boyfriend watch season 1 and he thought it was too slow too. the first 3 episodes were great but the it slowed down a lot.

we broke up so he probably will never watch more episodes but whatever, his loss. IN ALL AREAS.
I can see why he's an ex-boyfriend

I like the bolded one too
Old 12-07-2015, 06:06 AM
Elite Fan

Alexa, your favourite quote from that list is a good one

My fave one is

Quote:
"You're a time bomb tick, ticking away. And I have no intention of being around for the boom."
Can we have another vote on the new title thread, please? anyone?
Old 12-07-2015, 07:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

All great!! I also love the bolded one but also Breaking Bad #: All hail the king.
Old 12-07-2015, 10:19 AM
Loyal Fan

My favourite one is the time bomb one too so that gets my vote.
Old 12-08-2015, 12:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I can see why he's an ex-boyfriend
srsly. what a loser!

its just a title but as of now there are two for the 'boom' one and two for the 'different level' one but i guess whoever starts can pick.
Old 02-01-2016, 06:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I like the different levels one But they are all so good. It is a shame that this show doesn't have its own board At least Aaron has one, I am excited he has so much going on with two movies coming out and a new show
Old 02-01-2016, 10:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

http://www.fanforum.com/f40/breaking.../#post84912112
Old 02-02-2016, 03:42 PM
Elite Fan

Thank you Alexa!

Closing this awesome thread now
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top