Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2016, 05:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Black Mirror (Netflix) #1 - The Future is Bright

Described by Channel 4 as "a hybrid of The Twilight Zone and Tales of the Unexpected", this series is made up of standalone episodes that offer a suspenseful and satirical look at the paranoia surrounding modern technology.

1x01: The National Anthem
A prime minister must deal with the kidnapping of a beloved member of the royal family.

1x02: 15 Million Merits
In the near future, the physically fit endlessly pedal stationary bikes for energy, while the overweight work menial jobs. One pedaler, Bing, falls in love with a co-worker's singing and spends all of his merits to get her onto the top talent show, Hot Shot.

1x03: The Entire History of You
Thanks to a revolutionary implant that lets anyone store and recall their memories, jealous husband Liam Foxwell sets out to determine if his wife Ffion cheated on him.

2x01: Be Right Back
A young woman, Martha, is offered a service that creates an AI duplicate of her dead boyfriend so that it can speak to her. However, the service soon offers an upgrade: a synthetic body to place the personality in.

2x02: White Bear
A woman named Victoria wakes up with no memory of who she is, and finds herself in a world where 90% of the population have been turned into mindless spectators by a mysterious "White Bear" signal.

2x03: The Waldo Moment
An animated talk show mascot, Waldo, becomes surprisingly popular when he begins attacking politicians. The show's owner decides to take Waldo worldwide, but the failed comedian providing Waldo's voice has second thoughts.

2x04: White Christmas
Joe Potter and Matt Trent work at a small, remote outpost in the middle of a snowy wilderness. Joe wakes up on Christmas Day and finds Matt preparing Christmas dinner, with "I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday" playing on the radio. Matt tries to get Joe to talk about why he accepted the job at the outpost, a topic they have never discussed in the five years they have worked together. Joe is reluctant to say anything, and instead asks why Matt took the job. Happy for the conversation, Matt begins his own story.

3x01: Nosedive
In the near future, society exists as an intricate system where people rate each other on everything. If your rating drops too low, then so does your life.

3x02: Playtest
An American, Cooper, goes on a worldwide trip to avoid facing his mother after the death of his father. He stumbles upon a unique playtest opportunity in England, but soon finds himself caught in a first-person horror game that is all too realistic.

3x03: Shut Up and Dance
Internet hackers access the camera of a laptop belonging to a teenager, Kenny, and blackmail him and others into complete an increasingly dangerous set of actions.

3x04: San Junipero
In the timeless town of San Junipero, California, an introverted young girl named Yorkie becomes romantically involved with a free-spirited party girl, Kelly.

3x05: Men Against Fire
A soldier in a European war zone fighting mutated "Roaches" suffers a series of glitches to his implant which threaten his ability to engage the enemy.

3x06: Hated in the Nation
When an online journalist cuts her own throat, the police investigate and discover a game where people vote on who is the most hated person in the country... and then the Automated Drone Insects spread throughout the UK home in on that person.

401: USS Callister
Captain Robert Daily presides over his crew with wisdom and courage. But a new recruit aboard the ship will soon discover nothing is what it seems.

402: Arkangel
Worried about her daughter’s safety, single mom Marie signs up for a cutting-edge decide that monitors the girls whereabouts… and much more.

403: Crocodile
Architect Mia scrambles to keep a dark secret under wraps, while insurance investigator Shazia harvests peoples memories of a nearby accident scene.

404: Hang the DJ
Paired up by a dating site that gives an expiration date for every relationship, Frank and Amy soon begin to question the systems logic.

405: Metalhead
At an abandoned warehouse, scavengers searching for supplies encounter a ruthless foe and flee for their lives through a bleak wasteland.

406: Black Museum
Anthology episode where a woman enters the Black Museum to find a proprietor who tells her stories relating to the artifacts.

Future Titles:

"Not everything that isn't true is a lie."
"This is Infinity. That’s what we’re all inside. That’s where all of this exists."
"Tell no one. We are watching."
"We’re so out of our minds with desperation, we don’t know any better."
"Show us something real and free and beautiful. You couldn’t. Yeah? It’d break us. We’re too numb for it."
"You aren’t you, are you? You’re just a few ripples of you. There’s no history to you."
"It will be much easier if you just comply."
"There’s no cure for the Internet. It would never go away."
"I am sorry, but I miss the normal you. Before this obsession, when we had conversations, remember? "
"A pitch-black satire that is the closest we’ve come to a Twilight Zone for the digital era."

started watching this because I've been hearing a lot about it and its really good. Really weird but interesting and each story is different so it keeps it fresh. Anyone else watching?

Last edited by Alexa; 01-29-2018 at 10:36 PM
Old 11-25-2016, 11:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I have only watched the first episode and I really enjoyed. Planning on watching the rest in the next couple of weeks.
Old 11-25-2016, 11:24 PM
Elite Fan

Haven't watched all of the new season yet but I love Black Mirror. It's such a mind**** but in a good way.
Old 11-25-2016, 11:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

From what I've seen it definitely is
Old 11-25-2016, 11:28 PM
Elite Fan

I randomly watched the pilot without really knowing anything about it and I almost quit after that.
Old 11-25-2016, 11:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Haha My sister's boyfriend told to watch that episode without saying what is was about.

Last edited by stlavin95; 11-25-2016 at 11:45 PM
Old 11-25-2016, 11:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah I didn't know what it was either and started watching and was hooked almost immediately. The 2nd episode was a lot weirder iMO. But I'm still intrigued. I like how they film it.

Kayrey give it a chance, Ive heard some episodes are a lot better than others. I personally like the first better than the second but there are gonna be different stories.

I find it interesting because its so weird and you don't really know whats gonna happen but theres always a bigger meaning/message, which I think is cool.
Old 11-25-2016, 11:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Dp

Last edited by lizzybug57; 11-26-2016 at 05:32 PM
Old 11-25-2016, 11:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, I liked it because it was interesting and bit weird, which is something I don't mind.
Old 11-25-2016, 11:49 PM
Elite Fan

Oh no, I kept going I'm just saying I almost quit. Apparently even just implied bestiality is a trigger for me. The only episodes I haven't seen yet are Shut Up and Dance and San Junipero, which I'm saving for last because everyone seems to be in love with that ep.

I'm with you I do like that each episode has a message or lesson that it tries to convey.
Old 11-25-2016, 11:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

oh good!

yeah ive heard a lot about those two episodes.

it would be nice to see some happier endings once in a while lol.
Old 11-25-2016, 11:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Dp

Last edited by lizzybug57; 11-26-2016 at 05:33 PM
Old 11-25-2016, 11:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That's true haha, but it's not the first show I've watched that implied bestiality occurring.

Last edited by stlavin95; 12-30-2017 at 09:05 PM
Old 11-25-2016, 11:59 PM
Elite Fan

What else do you watch that has that?

I've heard San Junipero is a happier/more optimistic episode, another reason I'm saving it for last.
Old 11-26-2016, 12:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

An episode of Rake (the Australian one, not the crappy American remake) haha
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top