Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2006, 11:23 AM
Banned

Best and Favorite TV opening themes/theme songs

I was recently looking on youtube.com and retrojunk.com for opening themes and theme songs for tv shows. Some tv shows have had classic memorable theme songs and opening themes. Hill Street Blues, The A-Team, Bewitched, I Dream of Jeanie, The X-Files, MacGyver, Cheers, Matlock, and the CSI shows are good examples of cool intros and theme songs. I really would like to see VH1 or E! to do a countdown of the best TV show theme songs and opening intros. That would be awesome to see. Some more recent shows' opening themes/theme songs that I like are The Office, Prison Break, Everwood, Rescue Me, Angel, and Cold Case.

So what your favorite tv show theme songs and intros? Are there some that you just can't miss when you watch your favorite show?
Old 04-22-2006, 01:52 AM
Banned

Well, the classics will always be classics. Of the recent shows these are some of my favorite: The O.C. - Nip/Tuck - Rescue Me

Especially The O.C., I think that is one of the best theme songs that fits a show. It justs gets stuck in your head and takes you to that place. Much like the Cheers theme song.

I love the VH1 shows. So I think it would be wonderful for them to do a countdown.
Old 04-22-2006, 10:12 AM
Banned

The Dukes of Hazzard would have to be considered an all time classic when it comes to theme songs. I forgot to mention that one earlier.
Old 04-22-2006, 01:33 PM
Master Fan

• NYPD Blue - never really watched the show a whole lot but I really love the theme song, the pounding drums are areally cool. It really fits with the show
  • Third Watch - it's Crystal Method, its really different then anything else.
  • Grey's Anatomy - I like it because it never really describes the show.
  • Desperate Housewives - I dont watch it anymore, but its become so instantly recognisable now.
  • Without a Trace - it feels frantic and in a hurry like the show always is.
Old 04-22-2006, 08:39 PM
Supreme Fan

I absolutely adored the themes from Angel, Hill Street Blues, and Night Court. As for shows on the air now, Without a Trace was the first one to pop into my mind, so I'll go with that one.
Old 04-22-2006, 10:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh, I love this thread topic. I seriously love opening sequences of shows, I thought it was just me, lol. And if they have great theme songs, even better!

I think a great one is Friends, that song is just perfect, and I loved how each season they'd change the moments in the opening.
Old 04-22-2006, 10:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Friends was a good one for me. I loved the theme song to Night court and friday the 13th: the series.

Couples
GO BLUES Julie
Old 04-23-2006, 01:32 AM
Total Fan

One of my favorite classic theme songs is for "laverne and shirley"

I also like the one for Gilmore Girls. It really just describes the whole mother/daughter relationship concept of the show, but it also represents many other friendships and relationships of the show and the community of Stars Hallow.
A storm approaches. It's still over the horizon, but there is lightening in the air. Are either of them aware of the gathering turbulence? Can they feel that crackle of electricity in the wind, or are they aware of only the power they generate between themselves?
Everything Happens Eventually
Old 04-23-2006, 02:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ4EVER
One of my favorite classic theme songs is for "laverne and shirley"
Oh, I so agree there. I love them skipping down the sidewalk and the theme song, too perfect. I also like Happy Days and Charles in Charge.
Old 04-23-2006, 02:18 AM
Total Fan

oh yeah happy days i forgot about that!!! ITA
A storm approaches. It's still over the horizon, but there is lightening in the air. Are either of them aware of the gathering turbulence? Can they feel that crackle of electricity in the wind, or are they aware of only the power they generate between themselves?
Old 04-23-2006, 03:34 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I like those catchy, fun to sing to theme songs like those we just mentioned.
Old 04-23-2006, 08:40 AM
Total Fan

yep me too, something that can get stuck in your head.
Old 04-23-2006, 12:23 PM
Banned

That is so true about theme songs. If it is a really good one, it will get stuck in your head. The Laverne and Shirley theme song was poked fun at in the Wayne's World movie by Wayne and Garth. I have to agree with Charles in Charge being a classic one.
Old 04-23-2006, 01:02 PM
Dedicated Fan

My fav themes were/are definately Dark Angel, Veronica Mars, Third Watch (actually they brought up my obsession with TCM) and Las Vegas. Ah yeah and Prison Break has some wicked & genius sound, I so want it.
Old 04-23-2006, 01:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob1983
I have to agree with Charles in Charge being a classic one.
I am constantly singing to that one.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top