Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2015, 02:59 PM
Moderator Support Team

Battle Creek - Sundays on CBS

Sundays @ 10pm CBS
BATTLE CREEK stars Josh Duhamel and Dean Winters in a drama about two mismatched law enforcement officers whose polar opposite views of the world and crime-solving breed frustration, disdain, humor and possibly a grudging respect as they clean up the hardscrabble streets of Battle Creek, Mich. Det. Russ Agnew, a good but gruff, hard-boiled detective, has his world upended when strikingly handsome, charismatic Special Agent Milton Chamberlain opens an FBI field office at the police station and chooses Russ to be his partner. Milt’s polished sophistication and access to unlimited state-of-the-art equipment is impressive to his new co-workers in the absurdly underfunded department. As Russ and Milt work long hours together in the economically distressed city of Battle Creek, the question is: will it be Milt’s charm and endless supply of high-end resources or Russ’s old-fashioned cynicism, guile and deception that prove to be the keys to catching the bad guys in his beloved hometown? Janet McTeer, Kal Penn, Edward Fordham, Jr. and Aubrey Dollar also star.

cast
Josh Duhamel ... Special Agent Milton Chamberlain
Dean Winters ...Detective Russ Agnew
Janet McTeer ... Commander Guziewicz
Kal Penn ...Detective Fontanelle
Aubrey Dollar ... Holly
Grapevine ...Detective Aaron Funkhauser
Damon Herriman ...Detective Niblet
Liza Lapira ...Jacocks
Jessee Foudray ...Connie the Clerk
Meredith Eaton ...Meredith Oberling

twitter accts
https://twitter.com/kalpenn
https://twitter.com/thedeanwinters
https://twitter.com/joshduhamel
https://twitter.com/aubreydollar
https://twitter.com/lizalapira
https://twitter.com/EdGrapeVine

official sites
https://twitter.com/battlecreek
https://www.facebook.com/BattleCreek
Battle Creek - CBS.com

anyone watch the premiere of this last night? what did you think? discuss the show here

Last edited by My Kind Of Crazy; 03-02-2015 at 03:08 PM
My Kind Of Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 03:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

who watched?
Old 03-03-2015, 03:36 PM
Moderator Support Team

i did. i really liked it.
Old 03-19-2015, 01:17 PM
Part-Time Fan

03-01-15 "The Battle Creek Way" 1.01
You could tell the contrast between Detective Russ Agnew(Mayhem,L&O:SVU) and FBI Agent Milton Chamberlain. Russ used the old way, beat the bushes and a lot of foot work. Milt used machines and tests. I was surprised that Milton's boss looked relieved to get rid of him on his transfer.

Detectives wise I like Detective Fontanelle White. I think he is a good partner to Agnew, or a 3rd Detective. Detective Aaron Funkhauser is cool, but he reminds me of the cop shows of the 70's. Or a flashback show that tries to be the 70's stereo type. Commander Kim Guziewicz fits as a boss usually does. With Detectives Niblet, Erin Jacocks and Holly Dale I need more time to see if the team jells. But it isn't a bad start.

I do see some sparks between Russ and Holly. She seems to care for him a lot. I just hope she isn't drawn to Milt. She did say he looked good(distracting), and Niblet agreed. Also everyone likes Milt's donuts(eclairs) better then Russe's. Who knows if things will mesh.

The episode and case itself was a little bit all over the place. Between Teddy the Snitch and Omar we could have some good reacquiring snitch/bad guys. It was funny how both guys(Agnew/Milt) think so different on interrogation. Ricky shot the couple over drugs.

I will definitely stick around. But I can't see dropping a show after only 1or 2 episodes anyway.

I to really miss The Good Guys! But I miss CSI in that spot at 10 also
webruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 01:19 PM
Part-Time Fan

03-08-15 "Syruptitous" 1.02 Eddie's wife Neysa Floss could not drown him and then strip and carry him to the woods to look like he died a different way. So it had to be dad Phil. Since we see Eddie beat her.

I liked the snide remarks back and forth between Russ and ME Meredith Oberling. I like Meredith Eaton as an actress. Russ complained about her office being outfitted for little people instead of her standing on a box. I laughed at that. Yes Russe's snide remarks might be mean but she gave it right back to him. Then he complained about them not getting working tasers and other equipment. She automatically liked Milt. He ofcourse sided with her.

I figured at the scene when Russ was giving his thoughts on the murder that Milt would show up. later to his ideas of going with actual syrup for the sting instead of water in the drums was good. I thought at first that when they talked to wife Neysa Floss and her father Phil, that maybe he had something to do with Eddie's death. Then as they do sometimes is let him disappear into the back ground. Then with Neysa coming to see Holly to get her hubbies ring back and then she seeing the make up mistakes pointed to abuse and Neysa doing it. Wasn't sure if she was trying to get it to hock it, or to hide how she got her bruises? But Eddie said no to the syrup cartel leader Julio McFarland. Liked him in Cagney and Lacey, but since he usually plays bad guys. He wasn't locked up this time, but he must have his fingers in other businesses.(Yes it was a pun). The shootout with the motorcycle shootist was good, he only made leaks in the 55 gal. drums. Would it have been better to have them full of water?

I thought after suspended Russ, came to Milt with his ideas on the killing that it was nice he paid him a buck to consult. Also the problem of Judge Walters not helping them is interesting. Wonder what will be done about that? Also liked when Russ went over McFarland's fence and his 2 "Daring Dobermans"(It was a movie),went after him. Then they got to the meat of the subject by biting him. I also liked where Russ talked to Larry Meade who took the fall for Julio, at the bar.

At the end Russ and Font went on a call and didn't ask Milt. We see him in his office, does he feel he is being left out? Or does he feel he is helping them have more confidence on calls? Or did I totally not get the scene?

The Budtender seemed to know his business when Detective Fontanelle White was trying to get the free pot. But he finally went "Up In Smoke"(Cheech and Chong movie reference) when Milt arrested him for showing a video in his Medical Pot Store.
webruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 06:33 PM
Moderator Support Team

love this show. glad we got some more backstory on milt
Old 03-23-2015, 05:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I want more backstory on everyone.
Old 03-23-2015, 09:17 AM
Moderator Support Team

so do i
Old 05-08-2015, 05:49 PM
Moderator Support Team

CBS Cancelled Shows 2015: ‘Battle Creek,’ ‘Stalker’ | TVLine

i am so pissed they canceled this show. i really enjoyed it

Last edited by My Kind Of Crazy; 05-09-2015 at 08:51 AM
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top