Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2017, 12:11 PM
Graphics Team

Baby Daddy #6 ~ "It's my turn to destroy their dreams. It's what a good mother does." - Bonnie

Baby Daddy
APPRECIATION THREAD #06

FANS:
tell me a lie
JenR

PREVIOUS THREADS:
01 | 02 | 03 | 04 | 05

FUTURE TITLES:
"I dont know, I don't speak baby!" - Tucker
"This is going to be the mother of all 'I told you so's!" - Bonnie
"I can take care of my own kid. Wait... where is she?" - Ben
"You just made every stupid thing I've ever done, a little less stupid." - Ben
"Are you happy now? We broke the baby!" - Riley
"Why do women keep having babies and not telling me about them?" - Ben
"I will babysit for the next month." / "She's your baby!"

Last edited by chaos blues; 03-19-2017 at 12:46 AM
chaos blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 12:25 PM
Graphics Team

I honestly don't know why they keep throwing these random girls at Ben... I really liked him with Zoe last season and I couldn't care less about this Elle chick. If they wanted him to settle down I don't know why they didn't just stick with Zoe to be honest. It's just unrealistic that every girl he meets is the one and it's also quite shallow. Though I guess Ben is quite shallow in general.

I also don't see how him sleeping with every girl he meets to get to "Elle" is indicating any kind of character growth as the creator suggested.
Old 03-18-2017, 04:31 PM
Moderator Support Team

^ I'm w/ you and yet, I just wish that he can focus on being father and focus on his own business or whatever it is he truly want for himself than just sleeping around until he find the one.. Sigh..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
fly me to the moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 12:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

thanks for the new thread, you can delete the used title from the list
Old 03-19-2017, 12:50 AM
Graphics Team

Yeah that's what I'm saying. They should make up their minds. Either let him be single or get him into a committed relationship. I don't really care. Plus it just goes to show how immature he is that he thinks he needs to sleep with a girl to tell whether or not she's the one.

I have nothing against him having fun tbh, but wanting to find love and sleeping with everything that moves don't go together if you ask me.
Old 03-19-2017, 12:56 AM
New Fan

One problem with the premiere is that if Danny knows he and his mother share the same doctor,, that doctor should know they're not husband and wife. After all Bonnie is still Mrs. Wheeler, but she's been only been married recently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos blues (View Post)
I honestly don't know why they keep throwing these random girls at Ben... I really liked him with Zoe last season and I couldn't care less about this Elle chick. If they wanted him to settle down I don't know why they didn't just stick with Zoe to be honest. It's just unrealistic that every girl he meets is the one and it's also quite shallow. Though I guess Ben is quite shallow in general.

I also don't see how him sleeping with every girl he meets to get to "Elle" is indicating any kind of character growth as the creator suggested.
No it isn't. Personally I think the creator is extremely cynical, Though I can't rule out hatred, since he insists on treating Ben like a dog. Had Ben ended up with Riley, ratings would have gone down because most people prefer Danny. So to get the extra season, and the 100 plus episodes and a syndication deal the creator gave her to Danny. Meanwhile Ben is jerked around because the show is too cheap to fund a sixth character. We see this with Brad Last season he spent it away mourning his brother, apparently this season he will spend much of it in jail. So we get a cycle, in which Ben meets someone, they appear for a few episodes, and then the relationship falls apart through no fault of his own. And this will go on until the series ends. It is also extremely cruel, and apparently the writers' solution was to make Ben appear like a real jerk. It's idiotic to think Ben is improved by having his heart repeatedly broken. And someone who appears in the last couple of episodes will have no real chemistry, no connection with Emma and no reason to think that he has a deeper connection with her than with Riley.
skimpole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 01:18 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrios (View Post)
It's interesting that Ben sleeps around so much and can be such a jerk to women when one Danny is the big sweetheart and completely head over heels in love with Riley for years.

Except Danny isn't. There is so so so much wrong with the Riley/Danny relationship. Just two points, but there is no shortage of more. (1) If Danny is the wonderful friend the show insists on, why is Rlley completely blind to his merits for most of a decade? Her attraction to Ben made sense because she recognized that underneath everything he was a good man. If Danny is so patently superior why doesn't she recognize it? And if he is so in love with her, why is his reaction...to do nothing, sleep with other women, and hope things turn out for the best? He's not shy, he doesn't have strong moral principles against sex, the whole point is that he loved her when no one else liked her. "We've tried nothing and we're all out of options." is not a good romance. Nor is "I have loved you all my life, and the fact that I never told you this and spent a decade sleeping with other women is entirely your fault." (2) In other sitcoms unlucky things prevent the protagonist from winning his love. In this show unlucky things happen to Ben so Danny can benefit.
skimpole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 01:35 AM
Graphics Team

I don't see how Riley not recognizing how great a friend Danny is would invalidate his good intentions. That's not even true though. She does recognize it, she is just so focused on her unfulfilled love for Ben in the beginning that she fails to see that Danny is more than just a really good friend. After all, the things that feel out of reach automatically seem more appealing. She eventually realised though that someone dependable, who is always there for her, is exactly what she wants, which is why she ultimately picked Danny. It's called growing up. I also fail to see how being "lucky" or more lucky than someone else, makes you a bad person. I think part of the reason why Riley took so long to realise her feelings is that she was afraid of ruining their friendship and ultimately losing the on person she could always count on in case it didn't work.

Last edited by chaos blues; 03-19-2017 at 01:42 AM
chaos blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 10:04 AM
Extreme Fan

This show is going to be five years old soon, yes five, and so far, I have yet to learn of it being released on DVD. What gives?

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Old 03-19-2017, 10:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

Tftnt!
Old 03-19-2017, 04:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

skimpole, try not to double post. you can just edit your post.

Whether they can hire another character or not it doesn't mean that they HAVE to write Ben the way they have. He doesn't have to sleep around and say the jerky things he has. I think they chose to write it that way because they think its funny or something. I don't get it.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:01 PM
Extreme Fan

I saw tonight's show. Kiki was stupid to think that Tucker would be okay if she continued to be in the prostitution field.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Old 03-23-2017, 09:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

I missed the punchline at the end of the episode when Kiki asked Ben if it was his friendship or 500 dollars... What did Ben say? My stupid steam kept skipping at that part.

In all it was sort of a boring episode, does this mean that Brad is gone now or is this just a temporary storyline to get him out of the picture for a while?

And Tucker sleeping with a prostitute was a bit much for this show IMO, but I guess its good they aren't called abcfamily anymore....
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 06:46 PM
Extreme Fan

I wonder how well this show is going to do considering the fact that it is on during the time that Dancing With The Stars is on.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Why was this show moved to Monday night in the first place? What was so bad about Wednesday all of a sudden?
Old 03-27-2017, 10:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

"Karma got it right by giving you a daughter" was sort of funny, but also kind of offensive right? Emma being his "punishment" is a bit harsh.

And really, Ben wants to meaningless sex without learning a girls name, surprise surprise. This kid regresses like 20 steps literally every single episode, its just not funny anymore.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top