Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2015, 06:39 AM
Loyal Fan

These are my thoughts on where i want the show to go:

First off ABC Family likes to cast their actors on different ABC Family shows. What I would like to see is Maia Mitchell and Bailee Madison do a story arch on Baby Daddy. I want to see Maia be Ben's love interest for a couple of episodes and Bailee be Maia's rebel fun loving sister that causes trouble between Ben and Maia. At the end of this arch we find out that these girls are the sisters of Megan. This is a way to write Megan back into the show. I would love to see the actress get cast as a full time character along with Brad.

I want Danny and Riley to become a couple and I want relationship drama, not will they / won't they drama. I want to see their careers kind of interact with each other. First off I want Danny's hockey career to take off because he and Riley are a couple now. Maybe he is playing so good that he is up for MVP and the Rangers win the Stanley Cup. With this success comes groupies. I want to see jealous Riley fighting off these women. With Danny and Ben owning the bar, I want to see a customer sue the bar and it's Riley's law firm that is handling the case. This brings a lot of tension between all 3. With a possible Stanley Cup celebration, their bar has a big championship celebration that gets out of hand and the bar is destroyed, allowing the producers to introduce a new set. They can open up a sports bar theme, with all Danny's hockey memorabilia on the walls. I want to see in the mid season finale that Danny finds out that he has been traded the same episode that Riley becomes partner in the firm. This will bring drama of will they breakup or be apart. These are some of my thoughts on where the show can go with the main 3 characters. What do you think.
Jim & Pam / Damon & Elena / Pacey & Joey / Brandon & Callie / Jim & Melinda / Jax & Tara / Brooke & Lucas / Frisco & Felicia / Miguel & Sam / Brandon & Kelly /Chuck & Sarah / Lois & Clark / Danny & Riley / Jay & Erin

So what your saying is Joey's like a bus?
No what I'm saying is Joey's like a girl.

Last edited by scottwajda8819; 07-31-2015 at 08:01 AM
Old 07-31-2015, 08:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBelieveInMiracles (View Post)
I really disliked that scene! Wth kind of coversation was that? I mean why does this have to turn into shaming Ben for his feelings? Why do we have to stomp all over Ben to apparently make Danny/Riley happen. That's like the worst way to handle this triangle. Danny is the one who has spent like a decade not telling Riley or Ben about his feelings and Riley is not being honest with Ben either. I hate the way this show like subtlety craps on Ben with this triangle. Like God forbid he still have feelings for his actual ex who he had no idea Danny loved? I mean how dare he have those feelings? What is wrong with these writers? They chose to write Ben like this with those feelings and now they are crapping all over him for it. And being mean like that is not like Danny. Plus he freaking brought this on himself. He has completely mishandled this Riley situation. I love Danny but I honestly stopped feeling sorry for him over Riley a long time ago. And I'm not okay with him treating Ben this way when Ben hasn't done anything wrong. Danny is the one who didn't tell Ben about his feelings for Riley. So when he fell for her of course he was going to pursue her. Danny made a complete mess with all his secrets and there is nothing romantic about it. And now Ben has to get massively hurt. I mean they are seriously probably going to make us watch Ben just step aside and have Riley and Danny shoved in his face. Real nice writers. I despise this freaking triangle so much.
I feel the exact same way. I'm so over the triangle eating this show.
Old 07-31-2015, 05:48 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBelieveInMiracles (View Post)
I really disliked that scene! Wth kind of coversation was that? I mean why does this have to turn into shaming Ben for his feelings? Why do we have to stomp all over Ben to apparently make Danny/Riley happen. That's like the worst way to handle this triangle. Danny is the one who has spent like a decade not telling Riley or Ben about his feelings and Riley is not being honest with Ben either. I hate the way this show like subtlety craps on Ben with this triangle. Like God forbid he still have feelings for his actual ex who he had no idea Danny loved? I mean how dare he have those feelings? What is wrong with these writers? They chose to write Ben like this with those feelings and now they are crapping all over him for it. And being mean like that is not like Danny. Plus he freaking brought this on himself. He has completely mishandled this Riley situation. I love Danny but I honestly stopped feeling sorry for him over Riley a long time ago. And I'm not okay with him treating Ben this way when Ben hasn't done anything wrong. Danny is the one who didn't tell Ben about his feelings for Riley. So when he fell for her of course he was going to pursue her. Danny made a complete mess with all his secrets and there is nothing romantic about it. And now Ben has to get massively hurt. I mean they are seriously probably going to make us watch Ben just step aside and have Riley and Danny shoved in his face. Real nice writers. I despise this freaking triangle so much.
Could not agree more. Here's my long 2 cents on this:

#TeamDanny seems to have the most votes because of the "love her for who she is/best friend" argument. Let's say the writers are responding to fan base sentiments -- they will lose more viewers if Danny and Riley don't get together simply because #TeamDanny fans are more likely to leave the show, whereas #TeamBen less so vice versa because the show is about Ben and most will stay to watch him. So it's to their advantage to put Danny and Riley together.

Forget that they have spent the entire season 4 portraying Ben's ongoing struggle and attempts to love and get Riley back. Forget that Ben and Riley "broke up twice" according to Danny, though not due to any internal incompatibility or offense, but 1) Riley's decision to let Ben figure out his non-existent feelings for Angela (although he ended up sleeping with her, which is a major mistake Ben made by his own admission), and 2) Ben's decision to let Riley figure out her feelings for Danny -- both occasions having little to do with their own feelings for each other. Forget that Danny has also had more than ample opportunity to pursue Riley, yet continued to have relationships with other women instead of manning up to tell her how he feels.

Ben knows how he feels about Riley and is honest and goes for it. Riley knows how she feels about Ben and goes for it, finds out about Danny's feelings for her but isn't sure what to do about it since she has feelings for Ben, but as her character develops and she gains more clarity about her feelings for Danny, breaks up with Ben and confesses to Danny. In the scene where she confesses courageously to Danny during the hockey game, the more I think about it the more irate I feel about Danny's reaction -- he has had a lifetime to process how he feels about Riley, but Riley has only had a short time to figure out her own feelings for him, and now he accuses her and negates her as a person? His inconsiderate reaction was both immature and hurtful. How does he get the girl in the end? Because the fans want it. Which is fine, I will give him some credit for finally manning up.

The differential treatment of Ben as the "playboy" when Danny has dated an equal number of, if not more, women, is beyond me. So that should not be the reason Riley chooses Danny. If she chooses Danny because of her growing romantic feelings for him, then that is perfectly fine, but not for all the other unfair reasons why some fans think Danny is better than Ben. Ben has openly and privately praised and encouraged Riley as a role model for Emma (in Riley's own words "I want to be everything you think I can be"), supported her (except for trying to break up her and Ross because he thinks she belongs with him), and been her friend (1st as he says "friends" getting choked up during their break-up in early season 4, 2nd as he somewhat sadly says "friend" to be there for her after Ross breaks up with her). Ben has been just as important and positive an influence on Riley as anyone else. And forget that the writers "seem" to have set up the season for Ben's redemption -- having been repeatedly rejected by Riley (see above "friends" references) yet still fervently pursues her, making Riley Emma's guardian, highlighting Ben being the younger/less favored/loser child and never measuring up to Danny's greatness, but growing in responsibility as a parent and wanting to win over Riley (now it is the second child in my talking so feel free to ignore this point ).

Forget all that, and congratulations ABC Family, you have done it. And now you will have lost a #TeamBen viewer, contrary to my point above. Because it simply pains me to watch what they are doing to Ben and it just doesn't make sense anymore.
Old 07-31-2015, 11:49 PM
Elite Fan

^I so agree! Well said. It also pains me to watch what they are doing to Ben. I have loved this show from the beginning but I have grown more and more frustrated with how they have treated Ben in all this. And it just didn't have to be this way. I really hate how they have handled this love triangle. It doesn't make that is for sure.
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/
Old 08-01-2015, 02:21 PM
Loyal Fan

I am usually fine with Ben and his selfishness but last episode when he tried to make Danny feel bad for having feelings for Riley sort of made me wish I can smack him through the TV. Honestly, it is not like he was unaware Danny loved Riley. Why is he always on Danny about getting back with Riley?
Old 08-01-2015, 09:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Danny shouldn't have blown up the way he did but at least Ben knows now.

and Ben was being a bit ridiculous obsessing over Riley when they've tried twice before! so i dont blame danny for snapping.

and i agree with the above comment. ben should have realized dannys feelings long before. he's always so naive to how danny feels because he's selfish.

Quote:
I want to see Maia be Ben's love interest for a couple of episodes and Bailee be Maia's rebel fun loving sister that causes trouble between Ben and Maia. At the end of this arch we find out that these girls are the sisters of Megan. This is a way to write Megan back into the show. I would love to see the actress get cast as a full time character along with Brad.
i dont remember abc doing a crossover like that. and also callie is like what, 16? isn't ben supposed to be like 26 or 27? thats a bit awkward.

not to mention megan being their sister would have to carry over to the fosters as well, thats just too messy.
Old 08-02-2015, 04:11 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tell me a lie (View Post)

and Ben was being a bit ridiculous obsessing over Riley when they've tried twice before! so i dont blame danny for snapping.

and i agree with the above comment. ben should have realized dannys feelings long before. he's always so naive to how danny feels because he's selfish.

i dont remember abc doing a crossover like that. and also callie is like what, 16? isn't ben supposed to be like 26 or 27? thats a bit awkward.

not to mention megan being their sister would have to carry over to the fosters as well, thats just too messy.
Not a crossover. That actor or actress guest stars on another abc family show. Lucy hale guest stared on baby daddy so did the actress who plays sophia on young and hungry. This year keegan Allen is guest starring on young and hungry as well.
Jim & Pam / Damon & Elena / Pacey & Joey / Brandon & Callie / Jim & Melinda / Jax & Tara / Brooke & Lucas / Frisco & Felicia / Miguel & Sam / Brandon & Kelly /Chuck & Sarah / Lois & Clark / Danny & Riley / Jay & Erin

Last edited by scottwajda8819; 08-02-2015 at 07:53 AM
Old 08-02-2015, 08:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

I'm sorry, but I don't find what Danny said to Riley when she confessed out of line. She knew how he felt for 2 years and sat on it. So, he has every right to be angry. As for Ben being the better guy I call bs. Between how he treated her when they were younger and his continual immaturity. I think Ben needs to work on growing and he def seems to be trying. But, they've been building up DR from the pilot. Not sure why its shock. Also Ben has banged way more girls than Danny but that's not the point. It's about the fact that Danny didn't need Riley to lose a crap load of weight and he's been there for her and supported her throughout the years. Yes, the triangle sucks cause its awful to pit brother against brother.
Old 08-02-2015, 02:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

oh i see what you are saying, so maia would be a new character, not callie.. if that were the case then id be okay with that.

Quote:
As for Ben being the better guy I call bs. Between how he treated her when they were younger and his continual immaturity.
agreed.
Old 08-02-2015, 05:09 PM
Loyal Fan

I really like maia as an actress and I would love to see her on the show as a guest
star.

I would also like to see them bring on riley's sister.

Old 08-02-2015, 05:32 PM
Part-Time Fan

Reba McEntire and Melissa Peterman Reunite for Baby Daddy Finale : People.com (spoilerish)

Old 08-02-2015, 07:04 PM
Moderator Support Team

i hope danny and brad are able to get an annulment in time for brad to marry bonnie.

i agree with ds44 on ben needing to grow up. he is in no place to be in a relationship with anyone. i still want riley and danny together, but she owes him an apology for the way she treated his feelings for the past 2 yrs. they both need to work out their issues before getting into a relationship with each other.
Old 08-03-2015, 01:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

ben needs to focus on his daughter.

i was appalled he left her with the hotel daycare for so long while in vegas! how horrible.
Old 08-03-2015, 05:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah would have been much better if she was left with a friend or someone back in the city.
Old 08-03-2015, 05:41 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tell me a lie (View Post)

I think Ben was aware to Danny feelings but does not want to admit to himself.in the episode he thought who should keep Emma if anything will happen to him.he wanted Riley but she did not thought she can he rule out Tucker and Bonnie because he did not like how thought they will raise Emma in long run.he rule our Danny despite ln his imagination Emma will be best with Danny and Riley will help Danny raise her because he does not want to see Danny and Riley as couple.Ben saw in the end last season in the tree house what Danny wrote there and he also saw Danny saying to soap actress I love you Riley.Ben might question Riley on her feelings but he never did that with Danny.

And Danny had reasons to get mad on Riley of knowing how he felt not only because she kept it because
She knew how he felt and yet she talk on feelings on other men when she should know this can hurt his feelings
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top