Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2011, 08:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothaise (View Post)
Wasn't it the playhouse on the third episode?
yep! when he went back and kissed her goodbye. aww!
Old 09-10-2011, 07:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
god, i can't stand pawns in the way of a budding relationship.

OMG. EXACTLY. haha

plus, you are right. I see the matty/jenna thing as so much more complex. its not just this friends with benefits thing, i see an actual romance there, its just gonna take time to get to that point. but Matty isnt quite there yet. But hes progressing! for sure. he's already come a long way since the pilot.
Old 09-11-2011, 08:20 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHalo (View Post)
I'd hardly call Jake a 'pawn' standing in the way of true love. Jenna doesn't even like him in that way (yet). He's just a guy with a crush not a stumbling block.

At this point I don't care who she ends up with. She can be single for all I care. I just want Jenna to gain some self-respect.
Exactly. Matty and Jenna r far from true love. MTV doesn't even promote them as the main couple or in a positive light with their promos or their site. Their polls have been anti Matty and they even have an article on the 5 reasons Jenna and Jake should be together lol.

I think jenna feels something for Jake like she mentioned but she's to wrapped up with Matty to see a good thing in front of her.

And I deff agree with the last part. Jenna can end the show single for all I care just as long as she gains some self respect.
Old 09-11-2011, 08:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by semmanclana (View Post)
Jenna can end the show single for all I care just as long as she gains some self respect.
i'm sorry, but mtv doesn't promote this virtue, especially in women. ever. it's kind of... pathetic, actually, that i continually see all of these shows where mtv is so the opposite of pro-female independence and responsibility, yet i still watch. it's not really that my moral compass is broken, it's just mindless entertainment, at most, imo.

eta: not that i'm calling jenna pathetic at all. cause i'm not. i just think she represents a good portion of girls in high school that wrestle with self esteem/boy issues on a daily basis, yet this show is hardly a psa for what to do in real life. personally, if someone wants to put themselves in a sexual relationship with another and go along with whatever said fixed rules exist for having this relationship, that's their deal, but that's their choice. doesn't mean they lack certain values/qualities...

Last edited by i never learn; 09-11-2011 at 09:02 AM
Old 09-11-2011, 08:59 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
doesn't mean they lack certain values/qualities...
That's true if Jenna's an equal participant in whatever deal they have but I don't think she is. There's been a few occasions where she seems uncomfortable and where she acts like she dislikes what she's doing with Matty. Jenna definitely wants more of a relationship from him but she isn't being vocal about her feelings so you can't blame Matty for that. I do feel like she's been gaining some kind of control over the situation in the latest episodes.
Old 09-11-2011, 11:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

yeah if anyones looking for a show with morals, i dont think mtv is it!
Old 09-12-2011, 01:37 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas forever (View Post)
i'm sorry, but mtv doesn't promote this virtue, especially in women. ever. it's kind of... pathetic, actually, that i continually see all of these shows where mtv is so the opposite of pro-female independence and responsibility, yet i still watch. it's not really that my moral compass is broken, it's just mindless entertainment, at most, imo.

eta: not that i'm calling jenna pathetic at all. cause i'm not. i just think she represents a good portion of girls in high school that wrestle with self esteem/boy issues on a daily basis, yet this show is hardly a psa for what to do in real life. personally, if someone wants to put themselves in a sexual relationship with another and go along with whatever said fixed rules exist for having this relationship, that's their deal, but that's their choice. doesn't mean they lack certain values/qualities...
Its the REASONS shes going along with it that makes her look sad and pathetic. She doesn't want a causal relationship. Shes wants a real relationship not just built on sex. She put aside her wants just to keep Matty.

And I dont find it "entertaining" to watch a fellow female act completly mindless and weak, when it comes to a boy. I actually find it enjoyable seeing Jenna stand up to him. I find it enjoyable to see Jenna having a real conversation with a boy and actually smile and feel good about herself, which is why I support her with Jake.

Never said i was looking for a show with morals.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by semmanclana (View Post)
Its the REASONS shes going along with it that makes her look sad and pathetic.
lol, a majority of everyone who wants to be in some sort of relationship has to compromise themselves to be in it. a relationship takes time, energy and effort. you can't just slap it together and say, here, let's. be. perfect! no. i honestly don't get what's so wrong with jenna wanting to be with the person she likes. or anyone for that matter.
Old 09-13-2011, 10:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

from a person whom suffers from insufferable birthday syndrome, that ep blew! idgaf if matty declared his love for jenna in that moment, he basically let her day from hell rage on and did squat to stop it. um, gtfo, bro!
Old 09-13-2011, 11:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

OMG. I AM IN LOVE WITH MATTY. I can see why Jenna likes him so much. He so darn adorable.

I loved all the angst at the beginning, and the car scene, and THAT LAST SCENE.

Jake is really starting to annoy me. Just, gtfo. Take sadie with you. And that stupid friend.
Old 09-14-2011, 03:51 AM
New Fan

Hi all..
I’m new to this thread.

I have to say I'm definitely team Matty especially after this episode.
I don’t know why people see Jake as the sweet guy. Because he talked to her when Matty was too scared to connect with her on more intimate level?

Jake cheated on his girlfriend. Matty has been honest to Jenna from day one.
And he truly does have feelings for her. If people think Matty is a jerk, they do not want to meet the rest of the guys his age. I think they should forget how the show portrayed him in the first episodes and just go along with where the story is taking his character. Which is a lot more sweet en sensitive than a douche bag.

He really does have feelings for Jenna, but I’m sure he has his issues that make him so uncomfortable to show the real him.
Old 09-14-2011, 04:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Why does Jenna feel the need to apologize to Matty? Because he was the one who was too embarrassed to be seen in public with her. And she feels bad for calling him out on it? Wtf? She is .... ugh. And getting back with Matty. Such a weak character who loses all sense over a boy.

I love Jake so much.

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 09-14-2011, 08:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andra (View Post)
I can see why Jenna likes him so much. He so darn adorable.
he is, but i'd rather he salvage her birthday from the beginning versus waiting for his own damn clock to muster up the courage to be honest with jenna. so annoying! other than his horrible timing, i'm glad we finally got some resolution. the promo for next week looks awesome.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:16 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by collide (View Post)
Why does Jenna feel the need to apologize to Matty? Because he was the one who was too embarrassed to be seen in public with her. And she feels bad for calling him out on it? Wtf? She is .... ugh. And getting back with Matty. Such a weak character who loses all sense over a boy.

I love Jake so much.
I know. Jenna is such a weak character when it comes to Matty.

Also, I really don't understand the "MTV doesn't do morals" excuse. Sorry, I expect a network that directly markets itself to young women to have a strong female protagonist that has a healthy relationship with her primary love interest. Didn't realize that was taboo.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:11 AM
Master Fan

Decent episode last night but I still hate Matty. I try to like him but no.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top