Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2017, 01:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Atypical {Netflix} #1: "Well, dude, nobody's normal."

This heartfelt comedy follows Sam, a teenager on the autism spectrum, who has decided he is ready for romance.
In order to start dating -- and hopefully find love -- Sam will need to be more independent, which also sends his mother
(Jennifer Jason Leigh) on her own life-changing path. She and the rest of Sam's family, including a scrappy sister and a father
seeking a better understanding of his son, must adjust to change and explore what it means to be "normal."
The series is created and written by Robia Rashid and Academy Award-winning producer Seth Gordon.
Old 08-11-2017, 01:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I've literally only seen episode 1 and I'm already in love The characters are interesting and likeable (even when they're not like the mom often seemed), the story is cute and the lead actor is very charismatic. This show's got heart, I'll probably finish it in a day or two.
Old 08-18-2017, 03:17 AM
Master Fan

LightYears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 12:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

I saw the pilot and thought it was really cute, I am def. gonna check it out. I might just binge it this week because Im home and its short.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 03:50 AM
Master Fan

‘Atypical’ Renewed For Season 2 By Netflix | Deadline
Old 09-14-2017, 08:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That's wonderful news
Old 09-14-2017, 02:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

awesome! i really enjoyed the show!
Old 08-14-2018, 09:59 PM
Master Fan

Old 08-15-2018, 09:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

yay for a date! And such a close one too
Old 09-20-2018, 08:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Did anyone watch season 2? It's on Netflix. I really loved it. More than season 1 even, I really liked where the storyline was going.

I'm LOVING Casey's storyline this season. Her feud with Izzie started out good, but i think they became friends a little too fast. I thought they were introducing her boyfriend to be a new love interest for Casey but that didnt really happen, instead he just turned out to be sort of a jerk. That actor always plays the bad guy.

Then stupid Izzie believed her boyfriend over Casey which really irritated me. And then suddenly they were almost kissing? I'm so confused... I didnt see the SL going in that direction but it went there quick... With that said, I think they have chemistry and the almost kiss was cute. However, I felt really bad for Evan. He is literally the sweetest boyfriend ever... Casey really needs to break up with him so she can figure out her feelings. He doesnt deserve to be cheated on. And Casey would be a hypocrite since she blamed her mom so much for her affair. I do like Izzie/Casey though and hope that's explored next season.

i felt bad for the dad having to deal with his wife and dealing with the affair. Surprised the guy she cheated with was really only in 1 episode.... I was glad to see them getting a long and sort of come back together near the end but I like the idea of him dating the other lady too, so I hope they dont just get back together too quickly. I hope they do counseling buy maybe try to be apart for a while.

Sam's storyline was pretty good too, it was nice to see him growing and maturing and learning to do more things on his own. I am confused though... He's graduating? And Casey is supposed to be younger than him and just turned 16? That seems really strange to me lol. I always thought she was the older sister. I also liked Sam and that sort of goth girl together, they were cute. She is better than his other gf.

The only SL i didnt really care for was the one with the ex guidance counselor and being pregnant. Her scenes all felt very stale and repetitive to me and she didnt even really have a storyline going at all. it would be nice to see her maybe dating again next season or involved with sam again or something. idk.
Old 10-24-2018, 10:32 AM
Master Fan

Old 10-25-2018, 12:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

yay! i wanna see whats gonna happen with Casey!

Last edited by Alexa; 10-25-2018 at 12:59 AM
Old 04-05-2019, 08:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I need more Casey/Izzie in my life.
rearview mirror — it’s in the past, it’s behind her. He’s still running.
He’s in the same running outfit he wore in the pilot.”
fisher & sons is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top