Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2015, 11:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ever since she and Philip became more of a couple, she has been uneasy with that aspect of Philip's job. That's why we had that really uncomfortable scene last year when she wanted to see what "Clark" was like with "Martha" even though she knows that Philip is all hers.

I think Elizabeth is also having issues with Philip seducing a fifteen year old girl--not because she's afraid he's attracted to the girl but because it's a fifteen year old girl! A child. Someone Paige's age.

Matthew Rhys sure isn't playing it as if Philip has any attraction to Kimmie. He plays it as if the idea disgusts him and he does anything he can to avoid consummating the relationship.
Old 03-10-2015, 07:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethally Floral (View Post)
Matthew Rhys sure isn't playing it as if Philip has any attraction to Kimmie. He plays it as if the idea disgusts him and he does anything he can to avoid consummating the relationship.
If it disgusts him it is because she is around his daughters age. That is the point. If she was to say 21 with the same body. Which I believe the actress is. He wouldn't have such a problem with bedding her.

You can be a 35 year old woman want to sleep with a 16 year old Chanting Tatum or one of the guys from Twilight. No one thinks any less of you, yet be a 35 year old man and see an attractive girl of 16 and your a pervert.

Phillip has shown IMO that he does like the girl. She is sweet and caring..but she is also naive much like his daughter. He doesn't want her involved in their plans just like he doesn't want his daughter involved in their plans.

Maybe Elizabeth doesn't see it as attraction maybe she is waiting for him to do the job. Because if he does it will mean will be willing to get Paige involved like she wants.
Subject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 07:33 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
That's how I feel. I don't think Phillip is attracted to her at all.

And honestly, their scenes disgust me too.
Old 03-15-2015, 12:27 AM
Banned

Did they ever say how far apart Kimmie and Paige's ages are? As for attractive I won't say that I saw an obvious signs that he was attracted to her. It was more in his conversations with Elizabeth about her.

I don't find their scenes "disgusting". I think a better term for me is awkward, very awkward.

As a man I can be attracted to a younger woman because of her body. I feel the same for a woman, meaning that she can be attracted to a younger man because of his body. However, the body is not the person. Just as the person is not their body. You can like the body but not like the person.

I think that Phillip and Kimmie will have a physical relationship. Just because of logic right now. They hired an actress young but not underage to play Kimmie. Also maybe Phillip can use Kimmie as a bargaining chip to dissuaded them of using Paige.

I have to re watch the latest episode though...
Old 03-15-2015, 04:23 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah I am just feeling grossed out by their scenes. No girl that age should ever be intimately involved with a man close to 40...it's beyond gross.
Old 03-18-2015, 10:51 AM
Part-Time Fan

As far as I'm concerned, people are free to do and feel however they want in real life. On the show though, Matthew is doing a fantastic job of subtly letting his feelings about the relationship shine through. I think the thought of sleeping with her makes him feel disgusting. I really hope he doesn't have to do it.
Ck2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 11:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ck2001 (View Post)
I think the thought of sleeping with her makes him feel disgusting. I really hope he doesn't have to do it.
I agree. How could the thought of sleeping with anyone around his daughters age makes him feel anything but disgusting. (that doesn't mean he isn't attracted)

I mean if they have it their way Paige might be put in a situation where she might have to do something similar.

The fact that she is attractive or that he likes her. Means little to him compared to the fact that his daughter is on his mind. Phillip has always been the more emotional one IMO. The way he killed the man who raped Elizabeth when she was "training"

I am watching the latest episode right now. Sorry it took this long..
Old 03-31-2015, 12:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

The Americans - Renewed for a 4th Season | Spoilers
Old 03-31-2015, 12:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes great news
Old 03-31-2015, 01:15 PM
Part-Time Fan

Even though I agree with Phillip that Paige shouldn't be trained as an agent, I kind of want to see it out of my own curiosity!

Hope the actress Lois Smith gets nominated for a guest star Emmy. Always liked her as the aunt from Twister and the creepy scientist from Minority Report.
Fooltocry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 07:48 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan (View Post)
Yes great news
Great news!!!!!!
Olderroswellfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 08:54 PM
Banned

Has anyone else been keeping up with the amazing revelation that happened last epiosde!? Paige now knows the truth. I hope that she will not let slip. If she does do you think Center will order her death? I mean if she can not be recruited isn't she a huge risk for the entire operation?

I am watching the current episode right now. Paige doesn't feel she can trust what they tell her. I mean their names are not even their real names.
Old 04-08-2015, 09:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love this show but I didn't like Paige finding out. It just didn't feel authentic...that they would take that much of a risk and even put Paige at risk.
Old 04-08-2015, 09:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethally Floral (View Post)
I love this show but I didn't like Paige finding out. It just didn't feel authentic...that they would take that much of a risk and even put Paige at risk.
Well, I saw that but I also thought that the thought of not telling her posed a risk as well. What if she started talking how her parents lie, that something is off about them. It could make people start asking the wrong or right questions. Maybe even Stan who is so close to the family.

Telling her was a risk but something that they had been torn about. Taking a stand on it brought the possibility of bringing all of them together. Something that has been lacking between them and Paige.
Old 04-09-2015, 06:36 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subject (View Post)
Has anyone else been keeping up with the amazing revelation that happened last epiosde!? Paige now knows the truth. I hope that she will not let slip. If she does do you think Center will order her death? I mean if she can not be recruited isn't she a huge risk for the entire operation?

I am watching the current episode right now. Paige doesn't feel she can trust what they tell her. I mean their names are not even their real names.
I think the whole episode superb. One the best. Even this thing with Martha is making me think something involving Agent Gaad is brewing.
Olderroswellfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top