Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2018, 08:46 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaL100 (View Post)
I definitely prefer the first few seasons when the storytelling was a lot more straightforward and easier to follow, Asylum is still my fav season followed closely by Murder House. But then the show steadily went downhill from Coven onwards for me...
Asylum is my favourite, undisputed. Murder House is also my close second. I liked how there was both a clear overall plotline and a few single episode/handful of episodes storylines too to mix it up, but they fit together and it wasn't confusing. I miss getting a good Halloween episode for example.

I was quite underwhelmed by Coven at first, it felt like a lot of the horror aspect had been taken out and I hated how everyone was being resurrected (despite Misty being one of the characters I liked), I stopped caring when anyone died as I felt they'd probably be back again in an episode or two. Evan Peters' character was also incredibly boring. I liked it a bit more when I rewatched a lot of it when visiting my mum, maybe it is a season better to binge watch rather than one episode per week. Delphine Lalaurie was great though, loved Kathy Bates joining the show, and her scenes with Queenie were hilarious.

I also have a soft spot for Hotel, because I liked the character development and found it quite fun. I mainly liked watching Evan Peters as Kai for Cult, his performance was amazing and the "conceiving the new messiah" scene was one of the funniest things I have seen in the entire show. But still nothing has come close to Asylum and Murder House, and that's such a shame.

Last edited by Kinky-Cousin; 11-13-2018 at 08:52 AM
Old 11-14-2018, 12:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Cult was easily the best out of S4 to 7 in my opinion

I didn't watch Coven live, so that's probably why I enjoyed it so much
Old 11-15-2018, 01:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

For me 1 and 2 are heaps above the others. After that i actually liked Coven and Hotel for the fun aspects but I do agree there were issues in terms of writing etc. I think that Cult was actually one of the better written ones because there wasnt any supernatural stuff in that one and it felt more cohesive and the storyline made sense sort of. lol. i hated Freakshow and Roanoke. I though those two seasons were a complete mess.

Sadly this season is going to go somewhere int he middle. Probably near the bottom. I just felt it was very underwhelming.

Like, the finale was just a let down. They did flashbacks the ENTIRE season just to resolve that fight so quickly. Mallory being powerful enough to take out Michael and rewrite history just makes the whole seasons so entirely pointless. And things were too easy in the end?

I will give them points for at least having a somewhat cohesive storyline that made sense for the most part and they clearly thought it out before they filmed it.

The couple at the end having a new anti-crist was really annoying though because how? How did they just birth that child? I dont get it. There was no explanation there.
Old 11-15-2018, 02:31 AM
Fan Forum Legend

About to watch the finale, so I'm interested to see what I think of it
Old 11-23-2018, 04:06 AM
Extreme Fan

I just watched the finale last night because I was away. So now we know the Antichrist's true weakness, being run over repeatedly with a subaru. I can't say I was expecting that...

Kind of underwhelmed tbh, I wish we had more scary Micheal (like in the first few episodes) than sad little evil boy Micheal. Constance was great though, her leaving Micheal to die outside of the house so his spirit won't be there was brilliantly ice cold. Such a contrast to her reaction to Addie's death in Murder House. I am not happy that Moira is not happily at peace with her mother anymore, and that Madison's redemption was undone too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)

The couple at the end having a new anti-crist was really annoying though because how? How did they just birth that child? I dont get it. There was no explanation there.
This felt so forced. Micheal was the result of a human and a ghost conceiving which was said to be significant, why would two ordinary humans create the new Antichrist in the AHS universe?

Last edited by Kinky-Cousin; 11-23-2018 at 04:14 AM
Old 11-23-2018, 05:46 AM
Obsessed Fan

the finale was rather underwhelming, I was a little annoyed that the Antichrist who was portrayed as all powerful for most of the season ended up getting killed so easily by repeatedly being run over by a car.

Overall this whole season has been rather underwhelming to be honest...I had high hopes for this season after I found out that it would be a crossover between Coven and Murder House, and while there were a couple of great episodes, awesome performances by the cast as always, Cody Fern was fantastic too, and it was exciting to see the characters from Murder House again, but overall the season was quite lackluster for me, and the last few episodes were a bit boring for me. To be honest, I actually enjoyed Cult and Roanoke more, even though I didn't particularly love those seasons much either. Maybe my expectations for Apocalypse were too high? I don't know but for me it's one of the weaker seasons IMO...I still enjoyed this more than Freak Show & Hotel though.
Old 11-23-2018, 05:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, that was pretty underwhelming.

I think the season should have been a bit longer, then maybe the final episode wouldn't have felt more rushed then
Old 11-23-2018, 09:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

I mostly agree the season was overrated. people have been raving about it but i dont get it really. it was fun to watch but by no means amazing. as usual ryan solves things too easily after a season of things seeming impossible, like michaels death.
Old 11-24-2018, 01:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

That is pretty annoying
Old 11-26-2018, 04:05 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaL100 (View Post)

Overall this whole season has been rather underwhelming to be honest...I had high hopes for this season after I found out that it would be a crossover between Coven and Murder House, and while there were a couple of great episodes, awesome performances by the cast as always, Cody Fern was fantastic too, and it was exciting to see the characters from Murder House again, but overall the season was quite lackluster for me, and the last few episodes were a bit boring for me. To be honest, I actually enjoyed Cult and Roanoke more, even though I didn't particularly love those seasons much either. Maybe my expectations for Apocalypse were too high? I don't know but for me it's one of the weaker seasons IMO...I still enjoyed this more than Freak Show & Hotel though.
I would love to see Cody Fern join next season, and I think he did a great job as Micheal Langdon, I just wish the writing was different. I was sceptical about a crossover season and sadly a lot of what I was worried about happened, it became too much about fanservice character appearances and lacked in the story. I still think it's better than Freak Show (Loved Dandy as a villain, didn't care much about anyone else) but I agree it is one of the weaker seasons.

But there were parts I unexpectedly liked, I enjoyed Madison a lot more in this season, Cordelia's sacrifice scene was great, and I am glad Misty was rescued. This season *really* should have been 13 episodes, with Mallory more fleshed out, Micheal needed a few more "evil" scenes since he is the antichrist after all, and I think we should have gotten to know the others in the bunker a bit better.
Old 11-26-2018, 02:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinky-Cousin (View Post)
I would love to see Cody Fern join next season, and I think he did a great job as Micheal Langdon, I just wish the writing was different. I was sceptical about a crossover season and sadly a lot of what I was worried about happened, it became too much about fanservice character appearances and lacked in the story. I still think it's better than Freak Show (Loved Dandy as a villain, didn't care much about anyone else) but I agree it is one of the weaker seasons.

But there were parts I unexpectedly liked, I enjoyed Madison a lot more in this season, Cordelia's sacrifice scene was great, and I am glad Misty was rescued. This season *really* should have been 13 episodes, with Mallory more fleshed out, Micheal needed a few more "evil" scenes since he is the antichrist after all, and I think we should have gotten to know the others in the bunker a bit better.
Agree with all of that

Cody Fern did do a great job with Michael though
Old 11-27-2018, 02:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved the finale and this season was amazing for me.

I would love to see Cody Fern return for a future season too, he really dug his teeth into this role and was fantastic!
Old 11-29-2018, 12:31 AM
Fan Forum Legend

He certainly did
Old 11-29-2018, 04:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I would like to re-watch and binge all at once of course!
Old 12-01-2018, 11:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Good idea
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top