Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2018, 04:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^^ It's such an awkward thing to consider and how do you just 'get over that'? I don't think you can.
Old 10-24-2018, 01:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

Well, they explained that the house made Tate evil...which I will buy into because I like Tate. But it is a bit of a cop out lol.
Old 10-24-2018, 04:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesophia (View Post)
LOVED the last episode (I said that for every single one this season haha).

The only thing that "bothers" me is that no one seems to care that Venable / Cordelia / Billie look 100% alike
That's annoying me too lol
Old 10-24-2018, 05:17 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi||iê Måë (View Post)
^^ It's such an awkward thing to consider and how do you just 'get over that'? I don't think you can.
Agreed, it'd repulse me. I wouldn't be with a guy who had consensually hooked up with my mother before he knew me even, so I cannot understand just moving past this. If they were going to go with "the house made him do it" then it should have been more apparent in the first season.
Old 10-24-2018, 05:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinky-Cousin (View Post)
Agreed, it'd repulse me. I wouldn't be with a guy who had consensually hooked up with my mother before he knew me even, so I cannot understand just moving past this. If they were going to go with "the house made him do it" then it should have been more apparent in the first season.
That would have worked a lot better
Old 10-24-2018, 03:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinky-Cousin (View Post)
They could have been more in your face about it being the house than Tate in that regard.
Old 10-24-2018, 03:51 PM
Obsessed Fan

Did I forget some things? When did Vivien and Tate ever "consensually" hooked up? I remember Tate raped Vivien in Murder House and that's how she became pregnant with Tate's baby, it wasn't "consensual" at all as far as I can remember. Then again it's been several years since I last watched Murder House so my memory about it might be a bit vague and I might have forgotten some things from that season.

But yes it was implied in ep 6 that the evil of the house had possessed Tate and manipulated him into doing all those evil things including raping Vivien, and that all the evil that had possessed Tate gradually left him and was passed down to Michael. Makes me wonder if Tate ever was a bad person, maybe deep down Tate was always a good person, and he was merely possessed by the evil of the house. I love that Tate had saved Vivien's spirit, yes he raped her but he was being controlled & manipulated by the evil of the house when he raped her and he was probably possessed when he did all those other horrible things too. I think it was the writers way of redeeming Tate's character, in Murder House he was portrayed as this horrible serial killer and rapist, but now we learn that he wasn't an evil person afterall, he was just possessed by an evil force lurking in the house that manipulated him into doing all these horrible things and that he was just used as a pawn to bring the Antichrist into the world. So in that sense, I'm starting to like Tate more now and I forgive him for all the horrible things he did in Murder House. To me Tate's character is redeemed and I have no problems with him reuniting with Violet, the REAL Tate is not an evil person, and as far as I remember he never had any sort of "consensual" romantic relationship with Vivien, other than perhaps now they have a more cordial connection especially after Tate saved her.

Last edited by LindaL100; 10-24-2018 at 04:09 PM
Old 10-25-2018, 01:42 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
They could have been more in your face about it being the house than Tate in that regard.
Definitely
Old 10-25-2018, 04:44 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaL100 (View Post)
Did I forget some things? When did Vivien and Tate ever "consensually" hooked up? I remember Tate raped Vivien in Murder House and that's how she became pregnant with Tate's baby, it wasn't "consensual" at all as far as I can remember. Then again it's been several years since I last watched Murder House so my memory about it might be a bit vague and I might have forgotten some things from that season.
They didn't, I was basically saying that even if you excuse the rape part as being "evil house made him do it", I at least still wouldn't want to be with someone who had even consensually been with my mother let alone magical rape. So I cannot understand Violet being able to get past it, it'd gross me out like hell.

I also just found him more interesting as a semi-antagonist than as a good guy, but that's of course a matter of opinion. If we'd seen more signs in the first season that he was good but controlled by the house I'd probably have liked their reunion better.

Last edited by Kinky-Cousin; 10-25-2018 at 04:53 AM
Old 10-25-2018, 08:00 AM
Obsessed Fan

Oh ok thanks for the clarification.

I personally don't mind Tate & Violet getting back together even after he had raped her mother, I don't find that gross at all because what happened between Tate & Vivien was not consensual. And the fact that the only relation Tate had with Vivien was her unconsensual rape, it only makes the situation even less gross to me, because as I said before Tate & Vivien were never in any sort of consensual relationship with each other, whether emotionally or physically, so if I was in Violet's situation, I think that it would actually be easier for me to handle reuniting with my boyfriend even if he had raped my mother, because he never would've had a consensual relationship with my mother, they never had any feelings for each other. Whereas if my boyfriend had a consensual relationship with my mum too and he had romantic feelings for both of us, then I personally would find that more gross, and I think it would've been much harder for me to cope with that emotionally and I probably would not have wanted to reunite with my boyfriend if that were the case. But that wasn't the case with Tate & Vivien, the only time they ever connected was when the possessed Tate raped Vivien, and since it was not consensual and Violet finally realised that Tate was possessed and manipulated into raping her mother and that he wasn't the real evil in the house, she forgave him and was willing to give their relationship another chance.
If Tate and Vivien had been in a consensual relationship before she died and if they had mutual feelings for each other, then I don't think Tate would've raped Vivien and I doubt Violet would've wanted to reunite with Tate either.

Last edited by LindaL100; 10-25-2018 at 07:18 PM
Old 10-26-2018, 02:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

What did everyone think of the latest episode?
Old 10-26-2018, 08:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

I thought it was okay, not the strongest one of the bunch. Interesting to know that the other girl might be the supreme instead of Michael. Guess we should have seen that coming.

It felt a bit fillery to me. I'm ready for the series to catch up to the current timeline.

This show can be so gory.

And wait, Even Peters is going to play yet another character in this season? I cant.
Old 10-27-2018, 03:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I also think they're referring to 'consensual' because I think at first didn't Vivien think it was her husband at first? I can't remember.
Old 10-27-2018, 05:51 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
What did everyone think of the latest episode?
I liked it, I still love ep 6 the best though but I still thoroughly enjoyed ep 7, I like that the witches resurrected John Henry, he was the only Warlock I liked in the first few episodes that he was in (but now I like Behold too), and I was annoyed when they killed him off, but I'm so glad he's back now, and I'm glad that he and Behold are now working alongside the Witches against Michael.

Quote:
I also think they're referring to 'consensual' because I think at first didn't Vivien think it was her husband at first? I can't remember.
was that what happened? I'm not sure I'll have to watch Murder House again to refresh my memory...but if that was the case, then technically it still wasn't consensual because Vivien though it was Ben, she didn't know the man in the suit was Tate, so it was still a rape on Tate's part.
Old 10-28-2018, 01:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaL100 (View Post)
I liked it, I still love ep 6 the best though but I still thoroughly enjoyed ep 7, I like that the witches resurrected John Henry, he was the only Warlock I liked in the first few episodes that he was in (but now I like Behold too), and I was annoyed when they killed him off, but I'm so glad he's back now, and I'm glad that he and Behold are now working alongside the Witches against Michael.
I did too, but it did kinda feel more like a setup episode for the final 3 episodes for the most part.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top