Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2018, 12:06 AM
Moderator Manager

At least it's a lot better in the US & Australia. Over here, same sex marriage isn't allowed. There's still a lot of homophobia in the country. We don't even get divorce here.

I love these photos from The Wrap:

Also I've just seen this:

Quote:
“For me, family is everything” Gianni Versace Thank you so much to my #acsversacemakeupdept family for making magic every morning of some of the best days of my life. #acsversace was way more than an amazing work project, it was a life altering experience that I will always cherish. Thank you all for taking such good care of me, for passing so much love and support every time you touched my skin during those long but fascinating hours of hard work and utmost creativity. I love you all so much!

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 06-24-2018, 01:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

It was definitely an proud moment when same sex marriages got over voted in down here, that's for sure. Your not allowed to divorce over there? Wow
Old 06-24-2018, 11:14 PM
Moderator Manager

Yup! If you get married here, no divorce. Only annulment or legal separation which takes YEARS to be approved by the courts. So if you have a lot of money, then you can re-marry if your marriage is rightfully annulled.

Quote:
“People always ask, 'What's it's like to play a spree killer?' If you boil it down to just that, that's not who he was. It's what we know him for." - #ACSVersace star Darren Criss on playing Andrew Cunanan, who murdered designer Gianni Versace in 1997. Head to the site for our full Q&A! Photographed by @yamphoto for the L.A. Times

Old 06-25-2018, 05:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

That's so ridiculous
Old 06-25-2018, 05:53 PM
Moderator Support Team

Ahh, interesting even tho I know some state won't allow, but at least some have to wait longer than that unless if you're rich..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 06-25-2018, 10:03 PM
Moderator Manager

Money talks and it helps speed up the process. Also, they censor anything LGBTQ here so no gay kissing allowed on prime time TV. HBO Asia also censors the sex scenes on HBO shows and LOL almost all HBO shows have racy sex scenes. So y'all are making progress but over here, at least media-wise, it's terrible.

Old 06-26-2018, 12:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I bet they have to edit an bit of GoT then
Old 06-26-2018, 07:33 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
Money talks and it helps speed up the process. Also, they censor anything LGBTQ here so no gay kissing allowed on prime time TV. HBO Asia also censors the sex scenes on HBO shows and LOL almost all HBO shows have racy sex scenes. So y'all are making progress but over here, at least media-wise, it's terrible.
This part I know.. I have family friend's wife who used to live there and told us.. Which that was crazy on how they need to censor, but they can't hide that forever since soon or later others will know..

is that what you want?

Old 06-26-2018, 06:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly me to the moon (View Post)
This part I know.. I have family friend's wife who used to live there and told us.. Which that was crazy on how they need to censor, but they can't hide that forever since soon or later others will know..
How long did she live there for?
Old 06-26-2018, 09:37 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
I bet they have to edit an bit of GoT then
Yes they do. It's pretty obvious because a sex scene will start and then it cuts to the next scene. I always roll my eyes and just download elsewhere so I can properly watch without the cuts.

Quote:
We're very conservative here. Even hetero couples kissing on prime time TV aren't a lot. They'd kiss on the cheek but that's it. It has changed now and there's lots of kissing but for LGBTQ, we still have a loooong way to go. So far there are indie movies here with gay storylines and there's some kissing but they're mild compared to what you guys get over there. LGBTQ rep on media has improved a bit but their treatment on TV is still a long way off.

Old 06-26-2018, 10:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Yes they do. It's pretty obvious because a sex scene will start and then it cuts to the next scene. I always roll my eyes and just download elsewhere so I can properly watch without the cuts.
I bet that would be so annoying
Old 06-27-2018, 03:55 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
We're very conservative here. Even hetero couples kissing on prime time TV aren't a lot. They'd kiss on the cheek but that's it. It has changed now and there's lots of kissing but for LGBTQ, we still have a loooong way to go. So far there are indie movies here with gay storylines and there's some kissing but they're mild compared to what you guys get over there. LGBTQ rep on media has improved a bit but their treatment on TV is still a long way off.
I think that have to take long time to start to have a open-mind.. I mean, for example, look at what happen in army that they have to keep it secret until late 2000s.. That's long ass time that people can accept that this is new century, not in 20s..

is that what you want?

Old 06-27-2018, 05:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I think that have to take long time to start to have a open-mind.. I mean, for example, look at what happen in army that they have to keep it secret until late 2000s.. That's long ass time that people can accept that this is new century, not in 20s..
Some people still won't accept it though sadly
Old 06-27-2018, 10:23 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Right? And that's just 18 years ago. Even in the U.S. it's just lately that things are improving. This show was set in the mid-90's and homophobia was very rampant back then. But I do have to say the U.S. & Australia are much better compared to over here in the P.I. in terms of LGBTQ rep and acceptance.

Old 06-27-2018, 10:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Right? And that's just 18 years ago. Even in the U.S. it's just lately that things are improving. This show was set in the mid-90's and homophobia was very rampant back then. But I do have to say the U.S. & Australia are much better compared to over here in the P.I. in terms of LGBTQ rep and acceptance.
In saying that though, a lot of people blew up at the photo the NRL (National Rugby League) posted of two female rugby league players kissing after the first ever female State of Origin last Friday night, so it still can improve an bit down here too.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top