Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2017, 01:44 PM
Master Fan

John Landgraf “Confident” Katrina Edition Of ‘American Crime Story’ Will Air | Deadline
Quote:
‘American Crime Story’: John Landgraf “Confident” Katrina Edition Will Air – TCA

“I’m confident it will air,” FX Networks/FX Productions CEO John Landgraf told TV critics about American Crime Story‘s Katrina season when asked at TCA if the show will see the light of day. Creator Ryan Murphy has a “great idea for a pivot” and “now it’s in really good shape,” Landgraf told critics on the final day of summer TCA.

Murphy, who is scheduled for a Q&A this afternoon, is “trying to get his ducks in a row to make the announcement… soon,” Landgraf said, though he cautioned the reveal might not happen this afternoon.

In June, it was revealed that FX and Ryan Murphy were reshuffling the order of the upcoming two installments of American Crime Story, with The Assassination of Gianni Versace airing as a second season of the anthology series, followed by Katrina, whose filming has been pushed to early 2018. It was unclear whether all big-name actors who had been locked for Katrina, including Annette Bening, Dennis Quaid and Matthew Broderick, would still be available to do the series on the new timetable.

“It was a big creative pivot we made,” Landgraff acknowledged of the season shuffle, calling it a “difficult decision” made when they were “far along in one creative direction.”

Murphy made the call, he said, adding “we supported” it. The change was made, the exec said, because the bar had been set really high for the franchise after the rating and Emmy success of The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story, and, Landgraf said, Murphy came up with a “great idea” for a pivot. Landgraf said he would leave it to Murphy to announce but, speaking coyly, assured critics it’s a “really exciting idea” and he’s now more confident in Katrina creatively, calling it “in really good shape.”

Katrina, which tells the story of America’s response to the devastating 2005 storm, was picked up first as a followup to the hugely successful O.J. season of the franchise, from the same team of Murphy, Nina Jacobson and Brad Simpson. It was originally slated to film this spring and debut later this year, with the third installment, Versace, filming almost simultaneously but airing in 2018.

At TCA last January, Landgraf announced Katrina‘s premiere had been moved to 2018, with Versace going into production first but airing within six months after Katrina. Landgraf attributed the Katrina delay to “material,” referring to scripts. Also, filming in New Orleans, where Katrina is set, must contend with hurricanes and productions can only get insurance at certain times of the year.

FX’s first ACS installment The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story, received 22 Emmy nominations and won nine Emmys among a slew of awards.
Old 08-09-2017, 05:55 PM
Moderator Support Team

Thanks for that..

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
^ True. They have to ask permission to tell this story with the people concerned because these are real-life stories.
Yeah, I agree plus w/ that storyline, I don't think that they need permission for that..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 08-09-2017, 09:47 PM
Moderator Manager

Thanks for the link. At this point, they have to air Katrina as they already announced the cast. It's just going to be delayed so we'll have to wait longer to watch it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly me to the moon (View Post)
Yeah, I agree plus w/ that storyline, I don't think that they need permission for that..
They don't. Just the permission that they will do a season arc for a story that they will use on this show. I'm not sure how negotiations are done but there's money involved of course.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 08-10-2017, 04:01 PM
Moderator Support Team

Thanks for that..

Quote:
They don't. Just the permission that they will do a season arc for a story that they will use on this show. I'm not sure how negotiations are done but there's money involved of course.
Yeah, exactly..

is that what you want?

Old 08-10-2017, 10:50 PM
Moderator Manager

Wow. They changed the original source material for the SL and now only Sarah Paulson is confirmed.

Old 08-11-2017, 04:48 PM
Moderator Support Team

And all those got me like this..

is that what you want?

Old 08-11-2017, 10:13 PM
Moderator Manager

^ LOOOOOL. Me too! That's a very appropriate gif actually. Anyway, I just want Versace now. I'm more excited about that than Katrina.

Old 08-12-2017, 12:58 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
There are 5443234234 true story that they can do, but as long they can get permission on family or person..
What would you like to see?
Old 08-12-2017, 03:36 PM
Moderator Support Team

Something that I never heard of, but again, some may be sticky to tell the story..

Quote:
^ LOOOOOL. Me too! That's a very appropriate gif actually. Anyway, I just want Versace now. I'm more excited about that than Katrina.
For real.. I mean, come on, just drop the Katrina and find a better one that true story..

is that what you want?

Old 08-12-2017, 10:22 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
For real.. I mean, come on, just drop the Katrina and find a better one that true story..
I guess it's too late now since they've already announced Sarah Paulson. I wish they'd cast another actress though. Sarah is AMAZING but we need other actresses for an anthology show, imo.

Forgot to post pics from the TCAs last Thursday:

Spoiler:

Old 08-13-2017, 11:58 AM
Moderator Support Team

^ I agree... I wonder why they have to hire same person all the time? I notice that habit w/ Ryan.. Sigh..

Thanks for that..

is that what you want?

Old 08-13-2017, 09:53 PM
Moderator Manager

Sarah seems to be his favorite too. Also, she did S1 on this show so I don't expect her to come back anymore playing another character. They can just easily cast another. Heck, how about a POC actress?

Old 08-14-2017, 10:36 AM
Moderator Support Team

Yeah since I wonder why he just do that, but sigh..

is that what you want?

Old 08-14-2017, 10:05 PM
Moderator Manager

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top